• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine, Starlets

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Shine, Starlets
~~~
Ri-i-ing.

Riiiing.

“Hello?”

“Hi. This is Starlet Agency. We saw your performance last week...”

~~~
It’s been a long time since the childhood days where you donned three-sizes-too-big ballerina tutus and three-piece suits made for grown Pokemon, acting in elementary school plays, the childish actor in you standing out. Singing in front of the talent show with a microphone to your chest, those were just the days where you were content to dream, maybe even start to achieve, the life of an idol you wish you could have. If you picked up the phone a week ago, it would probably be to call your best friend - maybe mate - or order something from the nearby grocery store. Perhaps you’ll stop by for a cup of coffee at the nearest Sunbucks.

Those times are over. You’ll never be able to make a call without busybody reporters spamming the line, never going to be able to walk down a road without a mob straight on your heels, whether the shouts are good or utterly horrifying, you’ll never know. Forget Kanto Idol, forget Sinnoh’s Got Talent. This is the real deal, real stardom, and that’s the way it’s going to be for a long while.

If you choose so, of course.

~~~

This game is all about newcomers (you...) to the Show Business. You can choose one out of a few paths to take, model, singer (solo, band, whatever. But if you are in a band, you’ve got to get mutual agreement and tell me and choose a name), or an actor, etc. The game is run in week segments. At the start of the “week”, which is completely relative to how fast things are going in the thread, is that I (or, Starlet Agency) will schedule events and give everyone their schedules for the week. At the end, I will list some standings. Pokemon basically play out a life like that. Now, hold on here, there is much to explain, so just bear with me.

Say you’re an artist (the singing kind) and you have a concert. You, the player, can choose songs, or outfits, or whatever for your concert, either through an OOC post or a short clip of your pokemon notifying the agency. Then, I’ll write out about it, how it went, and things like that(don’t expect it speedy though, I’m a little perfectionist). If you’re in a group, a band, maybe doing a collab project, I’ll write a segment for every event. Everyone will get a tidbit for the week, whether a group project or individual. In addition to chosing the things I mentioned above, you can also request events like, “meet so-and-so” or “go to this-or-that event”. Schedules will differ for everyone, but still have common points: variety show filming (yes, artists can be on this too), movies, Oscars, Grammys, things like that. Sometimes pokemon might meet each other in the recording studio or something.

At the end of each week, players can vote for the three best positions they thought. Of course, there are some rules to that.

RULES TO VOTING
1. Vote for the TOP three, not bottom *coughnoinnuendocough*!
2. You may ONLY vote for your character in third position. No first or second.
3. No repeating ranks in the immediate week after.

Now, whoever recieves average best - and yes, this will be tough because of opinion - will be rewarded. Who knows what it will be? Maybe winning the lottery, maybe a shopping splurge, maybe something like meeting the President (hey, if Justin Bieber can...) or another celebrity, maybe just a really nice note from a fan. Oh, and, of course, the media will be a constant annoyance. Although, it is possible to stage a relationship while at all this. Fun.
If you get really popular, you’ll start to promote internationally (other languages!). Since all of the Pokemon will be on the same reigon, only ones who travel as well you meet, unless you’re in a band.

GENERAL RULES
1. Obviously, obey all SPPf and Games rules.
2. Keep the role-playing to a minimum, although I guess you could clip a little in here and there. It wouldn’t kill me...right?
3. Obey the voting rules. Really!
4. Keep it appropriate. Lyrics and whatever, there are kids here. :p (I am one too, but I consider myself mature...)
5. Be civil. Please please please please God I’m begging you (read “The Truth About Forever”?)
6. Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun x10^10x10^1000 seriously.
7. Twenty-five individuals is the cap-off (if you have a band, consider that one individual). We should be able to start at twelve or so.

SIGN-UP
Name: (duh. We aren’t two-year-olds)
Species: (and anything special about the appearance)
Personality: (okay, we know this too)
Job: (um. do I need to explain?)
Rise to Stardom: (how did you get here? Force? Child prodigy? Something?)
Talent: (this should go under “rise to stardom” but I mean, other talents. Dancing, maybe. Maximum, three)
Pen or Pencil? (like Coke or Pepsi. I support Pepsi b/c my friend in Vancouver has an aunt who works there XP)

MEET THE AGENCY (yes, they are all girls)
;370; Talli, our resident Luvdisc interpretor (translator)
;327; Lia, the director of all the Acting Productions around here
;471; Icicle, the super-photographer
;037; Meet Firefox, the songwriter for all the stars
;301; Violeteyes is the manager for everyone working at Starlet Agency
;153; See Vibrancy if you want to record a song

That’s the end of my insufferably long explaination! Feel free to ask any questions! And I'm kinda new at this...^^; usually I hate even a little bunnying, so that's why I can't seem to create long enough posts for RPG...

PARTICIPANTS

;176; Hikari - kuriboh361 (Duet, Ellie; )
;300; Ruko - Purplepassion (Artist)
;253; Epon - Epwna is a Sceptile (Band: Maxy, Izzi, Epon, Joe;Chaotic Harmony)LOOKING FOR BAND MEMBERS
;428; Maxy - InnerFlame - (Band: Maxy, Izzi, Epon, Joe;Chaotic Harmony)LOOKING FOR BAND MEMBERS
;322; Izzi - octoboy - (Band: Maxy, Izzi, Epon, Joe;Chaotic Harmony)LOOKING FOR BAND MEMBERS
;172; Okabe - pokemon special (Artist)
;180; Fluffy Mokoko - chihaya01 (Model)
;181; Honey Denryu - chihaya01 (Artist)
;008; Hyun - junpearl63 (Artist)
;064; Kazz - Epwna is a Sceptile (Actor)
;190; Willie - Purplepassion (Band: Willie; )
;257; Joe - dragontamer23 (Drummer)(Band: Maxy, Izzi, Epon, Joe;Chaotic Harmony)
;162; Ozzy - fango pango (Band: Torment, Ozzy, Scratch)
;215; Tormet - MKFC (Band: Torment, Ozzy, Scratch)
;347; Scratch - james62 (Bassist)(Band: Torment, Ozzy, Scratch)
;197; Ellie - fango pango (Duet, Hikari; )

Last edited:

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Name: Hikari
Species: ;176;
Personality: Hikari likes to act kind to all the other celebrities and nicely to the fans. Many find her lovely and a Mary Sue. But actually, things are not as they seem. Even though Hikari sends out a good feeling to all those who know her, she forces herself to do it. She only shows her true 'urgh-I-just-want-to-be-alone' attitude to her manager. In truth, she's a girl who wants to run away from show business but is forced to as she wants to keep a good name for her famous family.
Job: An artiste (Singer). ^^
Rise to Stardom: Hikari's mother and father are both famous people. As she was born, she showed a remarkable gift of singing. She sang songs which could calm down the meanest of souls. One day, Hikari's mother and father hired a manager and soon, she was forced to live a life of stardom. Now, that her father and mother aren't earning much due to the fact that they're getting old, she has to make sure her family name is glamorous.
Talent: Apart from singing, Hikari has a wonderful brain which memorizes things efficiently. She can also act. She does act like she likes her job to everyone.
Pen or Pencil?: I love the pen! The ink comes in sooooo many colours.

Name: Ruko
Species: ;300;
Personality: Ruko's considered selfish and erratic, but deep down she's nice on the inside. She's a total otaku, so you'd probably easily get into a conversation about anime with her. She's mean to most people she doesn't know, but she acts like some angel to her manager and her parents.
Job: Singer ( ^_^; )
Rise to Stardom: When she figured out that her grandmother had been a popstar, she decided to follow the path of famousness too. However, she didn't know how. And then the idea came to her when she was browsing the Internet. She was going to fandub a song. When she sang the song to her friends, a record company passed by. Boom. Instant stardom.
Talent: Other than singing.... memorizing lines, yelling, and the ability to use many voice tones.
Pen or Pencil? Pencil! I'll keep it simple!

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Name: Epon
Species: ;253;
Personality: Nice, yet over critical when nervous. Constantly cracks a joke or says random stuff. Sad to leave friends, hopes to make new ones.
Job: Singer/Songwriter (if possible.If not, just singer).
Rise to stardom: Was raised to be an actor, but he hated it. Entered school talent show to sing, although parents disaproved. Talent scouts were there and they fainted after the first 19 notes. Istant demo worthiness.
Talent: Singing, recording videos, drawing,piano, and writing songs.
Pencil, not pen.

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
But if you are in a band, you’ve got to get mutual agreement and tell me and choose a name.

Um... are you saying, that I have to get other players to join the band??? Sorry, I don't understand the process of making a band here.

2. You may ONLY vote for your character in third position. No first or second.

??? I don't understand that voting rule. Maybe it's me... could you explain it to me?

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
^^ Okay, sorry Inner. -_-; I know I'm terrible at explaining things, so I try to avoid it whenever possible.

1. Well, yes, but I guess if you want to be in a band and don't know who to choose/can't get anyone/etc, then you could mention that and if some other people think the same way, I could just put you together.

2. When you vote, instead of voting for the worst people, you should vote for the best three people, and the top two must not be yourself. ^^ okay?

Um. Oh yeah, everyone else is accpeted. geez i hope i can actually do this. how to go about...if only i was more dedicated to pdi then i could say i wish i had people as dedicated as pdi... but no one new really stays...

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Thank you for answering. Don't see it as bad, think of it like someone read the whole first post and had questions to better understand it.

Anyone want to start a band with my character?

Name: Maximilian but you can call him Maxy.

Species: Lopunny ;428; His fur is different in colors. The fur that is supposed to be brown is black and the tan/yellow areas are white. Though it has just been dyed that way he normally keep is up so his original fur color doesn’t show. He also wears red fingerless gloves and a red scarf.

Personality: A bit of joker, Maxy pulls harmless pranks on his friend from time to time. He is actually a pretty cool guy, always lending a helping hand when it needed. That nice side is one of his biggest traits. A bit klutz, due to his Lopunny genes, so he tends to stumbles and loses his balance quite often. Even if he fall his just get right back up with a smile, and that applies to everything he does. Despite his rather positive outlook of everything he has a very sadistic/sick sense of humor that always surprises people. He doesn’t get anger that often even with people calling him gay, guys hitting on him he stay in a positive mood. He seem to always try to avoid conflicts the best he can so he always willing to compromise. When he is angered it’s one of the fewest times that smile of his disappears. It also vanishes when he sad and/or sorry and that occurs when he upset another person.

Job: Singer/Musician mostly but he does little acting sometimes.

Rise to Stardom: Maxy has always been an activated always willing to try things new. He became really fond of playing musical instruments, singing and he always enjoy drama classes even though he never gotten a leading role. He was accepted in a Performing Arts Magnate School where he Major mostly in music. During one of their school plays he was scouted out for there newest singers.

Talent: Maxy talented with many instruments his best ones are the Guitar and the Viola. He is a skilled black belt in Karate. He also pretty good that fixing broken things.

Pen or Pencil: Pencil because he tends to make many mistakes and he likes to have the ability to erase it instead of having to throw it away.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hmm, a Plusle+Minun game? I've got nothing better to do, and perhaps you're less prone to stopping these things than the other reality show hosts, so I might as well give it a try. If I can, I'll make my character join a band with InnerFlame's.

Name: Izzi
Species: ;322;
Personality: She's a hardcore rocker, who's all about music. She is seldom seen without her amp and electrical guitar. Filled with adrenaline, she seldom starts fights, but boy, can she finish them. She often uses the fact that she can't be hurt towards her as a way to keep from backing down. While fiery and a little quick to anger, Izzi is by no means cruel, but is on the rough side. Mostly, it's to add to her rocker appeal. And boys, please don't try any smooth moves with this one; she'll just ignore it completely. Someone unable to feel a man's touch really isn't in it for the pleasure.

Note: Izzi's real name is actually Kaleidoscope, most likely due to her father being stoned off his mind while naming her. She never goes by that though, and bringing up her given name really is just asking for trouble.

Job: electrical guitarist (as made obvious by her bio)
Rise to Stardom: One of the talent scouts for the game came around and convinced her to play something. After the number, she had the scout convinced, though it's ambiguous whether it was because the song was good, or because he was simply intimidated by it.
Talent: The electric guitar is her main passion and skill. However, she can also sing pretty well, and is pretty good at smoky or fiery stage effects.
Pen or Pencil? "Pen. Fussing over every little mistake is pointless"

So, again, I would like this one to be part of Max's band, if that would be all right.

I hope for a fun season.

Name: Okabe
Species: ;172;
Personality: Cute and hyper, he doesn't act or look his age. He's 100% Otaku, and only really loves to talk about anime or manga. He talks 1000000 miles a hour, and only shuts up when he is reading manga.
Job: Started as a actor, but now is basicly a singer.
Rise to Stardom: He appered in the remake of "the judo kid" at age 9, before starring in a load of random hit movies. Later, at age 15, he released a single that got to number one. He now only sings.
Talent: Speaking japanese, any sport and writing (random).
Pen or Pencil? :"Pen, much better.. a lot more FUN! In K-on there is a song about a pen! I think."

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Oh, hai...

sorry. I think I'll be better at this than the other things now that I'm intimidated have lots of free time. Which probably means I'll put the first "bit" up soon - just a sort of introduction project.

Okay, I shall put up the band, or, suffice to say, band starter...since I feel two people isn't much of a sufficient band. As long as InnerFlame doesn't have any objections. Then you guys can think about band names...

Oh, and pokemon special is accepted.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I have no problem with it whatsoever. I just want to say I think they're a bit opposite (by reading pen and pencil section), but there's nothing wrong with that. Okay I'm going to talk about the band name with octoboy over VM/PM whichever I feel like at the moment.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
P+M No idea if you remember me but Hi ^_^

Name: Fluffy Mokoko
Species: ;180;
Personality: Kinda mean and likes to look good. She uses her parents and older brother's credit cards alot...
Job: Modle (I miss the Pokemon contest game 7_7)
Rise to Stardom: She wants to meet a star and marry him. She doesn't give names
Talent: Shes has a voice trained for singing, acting
Pen or Pencil? Pencil, I mess up alot

Name: Honey Denryu
Species: ;181;
Personality: A nice guy that doesn't care about looks, but personality. It's hard to get him mad.
Job: Fluffy's brother, personal assistant, and parnter sometimes
Rise to Stardom: Force by Fluffy...
Talent: Multi tasker ^_^, singer, a good artist *but to lazy to paint*

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
@Epwna is Sceptile: Well, you could start your own or ask to join Octoboy's or InnerFlame's.
i kinda wish i could participate...

@chihaya: Omo, hi! I do remember you. And like half the other people. ^^
Anyway, yay for first non-singer. However, I think the brother should have a different job - not too much can be done with that. If not, then you could always add in a talent. Dancing would work well.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Okay. *adding Singer to the profile*

Hes a singer, painter, and Multi Tasker. But hes still an assisant becuase he doesn't want to be famous. I plan for him to do things sometimes though...

Last edited:

junpearl63

their rooms
Boom I'm terrible LOL

Name: Kim Kang Hyeon (also known as Hyun)
Species: Wartortle ;008;
Personality: He has a sunny personality, always smiling and cheerful. No one has ever see him angry, as he doesn't often get upset. Hyun's irreverently bland and courteous, always polite to the others. Hyun's lack of confidence always hold him back though.
Job: Solo singer
Rise to Stardom: He dreams to be a singer.
Talent: Acting, singing, song composing
Pen or Pencil? Pencil

I use Hyun a lot xD

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
@Purplepassion: Meh. I think two is fine, if you'd like to submit another.
XD Okay Jun...I shall add you to the list.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
@Epwna is Sceptile: Yeah you can join us, they're both guitarist and my is a singer so he could be a back-up singer, sometimes and I think octoboy's is a good singer too. With us three all we need it someone who can play the drums, since we have singers and guitarists.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Wait, We can have two characters!? That's cool. So if we can have a second character, here's mine:

Name: Kazz
Species: ;064;
Personality: Funny, sometimes takes his job as a comedy show actor more seriously than his friends. Is mostly nice.
Job: Actor
Rise to stardom: Won an acting contest, now is an actor. Was told to enter by his friend Epon.
Talent: Acting, playing guitar, and spinning without puking.
Pen, not pencil. Ink looks nicer.
Wait,If, are you the backup or am I a backup?

Last edited: