• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!! (997)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So what exactly did Lana say to Sophocles at the end of the episode? All I really understood was that it involved Ultra Beasts.

DatsRight

Okay watched the episode. Expectedly anti climatic, though I will give credit it was a bit more intuitive than usual with most of the cast using strategic attacks up until the DEM at the end. Still a little more tension would have been nice (says something that Ash took more of a beating than any of the Pokemon :p).

I did like the music throughout this episode, wonder how much will be kept in the dub (0% to 5% I'm guessing).

Need a translation before I can make out the context of the dialogue.

Steenee happy slapped Rowlet. Guess she....likes him?.....?

The reactions from Lusamine's Pokemon awakening were all cute, especially Absol with Umbreon. Love the continuing attempts to make all these guys characters, something that wasn't always true in previous series.

I am wondering what the point of Bewear keeping TR around is since they ultimately did nothing. It sleeping with them at the end was cute though, James even brought out Mareanie to watch with them. They seem to be keeping to this implication that Bewear has some hidden agenda with TR, even if it seems to genuinely like them to some degree.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Pikachu's Z-move was a clear cop out and I don't understand why they didn't have Solgaleo do more. It's a freakin' Legendary and all it was used for was a method of transportation and a shield. Hardly a legendary use of it.

This Aether Arc just hasn't been done well, with wonky pacing and insufficient backstory, not to mention inconsistencies in power levels to make the group shine.

Hopefully now that's over we can get back to what SM does best.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
At least we know why all the other episodes aren't as exciting, they wanted to save every z-move for one episode. They can't span them out, they all must be in one episode.

I enjoyed pikachu's z-move, and have always been disappointed when Pikachu isn't shown as strong as it should be in the beginning of series, but somehow sun and moon are doing it oddly. Almost as if I like when his other pokemon are his strongest :S

I liked this episode for the action. Ash getting swatted by Lusamine was probably the best part of the whole sun and moon series so far. Also Rowlett and Steenee are the cutest, they need to find poke-love at the end of all this, but with them both evolving :D I could see a whole episode being dedicated to Dartrix being awkward af when Steenee is crushing on him lol.

Anyways, a little disappointed that Solgaleo didn't show off any actual attacks. Is that the results of too many characters battling at once?

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Well, I definitely enjoyed seeing 10,000,000 VT. I was a bit surprised that it was just temporary upgrade, thought it’d be permanent, but I guess we’ll have to wait to see what happens there.

Anyway, I really liked Lillie’s determination in this episode, even more than the previous. Seeing her climbing up that mountain to get to her mother and almost being able to free her was awesome to see. Pretty emotional moments at the end, between Lusamine and her children, but was definitely needed IMHO. Was really nice to see everyone being involved during these two episodes in Ultra Space and I guess utilizing what they’ve learned, like Lana using her Z-Move. I also wish that we could’ve seen Solgaleo use a couple moves, but alas, this was alright.

That was a cute little moment between Absol and Umbreon toward the end there btw, nuzzling one another. :)

Overall, above average for these episodes, like 7/10.

So what exactly did Lana say to Sophocles at the end of the episode? All I really understood was that it involved Ultra Beasts.
I'm wondering too, seemed pretty comical though. :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was a pretty nice episode. Not as good as the others, but still good. I liked it but I felt like it was rushed. I didn't like that Ash's 10,0000,000 Volt Thunderbolt was the one to defeat the Mother Beast, Sivally felt just sort of there like it was there just to look cool and to resolve Lillie's fear rather than it actually being an Ultra Beast Slayer as some has mentioned, and I'm getting pretty sick of the sappy talks that solves mostly everything. I don't know, I felt like this arc was rushed like it was really great in some moments but others, it felt flat like Lillie and Gladion's role (all Gladion did was battle a few possessed Pokémon and Lillie gave out her love. She's capable of battling and holding her own with Shiron but even Shiron was just there to make the background look pretty and be there.) I really liked Ash's role, he and Pikachu are always the G.O.A.T. but the main people who should've been the one to save Lusamine (her children) and their relationship just didn't feel very emotional. It felt very vanilla and playing it safe like the only thing Lillie was mad at Lusamine for was for evolving her Clefairy and that's it. I never played the games but the games' story seemed like it had so much more and the anime still has so much potential to make up for this "play it safe" arc.

I liked how Rowlet learned a new move the Salandit panicking seeing Marowak and Turtonator almost attacking it, Umbreon and Absol nudging, Ash and Pikachu doing their best to get to Lusamine, Lana doing a Z move, and Team Rocket being carried away. Also Lana's lie at the end lol! :D

Pikachu's Z-move was a clear cop out and I don't understand why they didn't have Solgaleo do more. It's a freakin' Legendary and all it was used for was a method of transportation and a shield. Hardly a legendary use of it.

This Aether Arc just hasn't been done well, with wonky pacing and insufficient backstory, not to mention inconsistencies in power levels to make the group shine.

Completely this! I love SM but I am unsatisfied and mixed about how this arc was handled... it felt very underwhelmed and I couldn't even get emotional on the emotional scenes like with Clefable because of the lack of backstory or even small details. Giving us the backstory right after making some big emotional moment just didn't sit right with me. I'm sick of Lillie talking, making it so dramatic and emotional, and not battling when she's capable of doing it. Gladion did some battling but he didn't really have much of an impactful role neither. I'm hoping SM makes up for this. This was very unsatisfying for the most part with some great moments and buildup in some parts. Solgaleo didn't even do anything other than have people ride him.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
To be honest, I'm not too sure how to feel about this episode. I liked it and thought it had some really good moments, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting for the climax of the Aether arc. I'm not saying it was bad, though, because it wasn't.

I expected Lillie to give her mother an emotional speech that perhaps would snap Lusamine out of her mind control, but I wasn't expecting her to start off her speech by saying she hated her mother. It got Lusamine's attention, though. I didn't understand everything Lillie said, but it sounded like she started off by complaining about the way her mother treats her. Overall, I really liked Lillie's determination in this episode. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see her battle; going into this episode, I thought she might battle with her mother's Clefable. Even if she wasn't effective against Mother Beast, it would have been nice to see her try.

It seems TheWanderingMist's "evolving Z-Crystal" theory turned out to be true, at least for Electrium-Z -> Pikashunium-Z. I was a bit surprised that the Pikashunium-Z transform back into Electrium-Z after Ash and Pikachu used 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt—I expected the transformation to be permanent—but I definitely don't think this is the last we will see of Pikashunium-Z.

I don't know why it took Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles so long to come up with the idea of Steenee using Sweet Scent to get Rowlet's attention back. In fact, I don't know why Steenee didn't come up with that idea herself. In any case, Steenee and Rowlet's new combo attack was both clever and funny.

DatsRight

I might judge this fully based on whether it comes back in the rest of the series. I am still hoping this is just the end of the beginning and not the end of the main SM games story overall. Plus still stuff potentially left over like Sophociles' souvenir piece from the Ultra Space which might lead to something and what effects may remain on Lusamine.

As a build up arc, this was rushed with flimsy moments, but passable. As a whole main arc, it's mediocre and anti climatic. I appreciate that at least the whole season wasn't hyping up to it this time though. I don't think I could stand another XYZ situation.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I think the only reason to say the Pikashunium-Z was out of nowhere was simply because it disappeared. HOWEVER.....what happened in the 2nd episode of the Sun and Moon? Can hardly say that its out of nowhere when Ash's Electrium-Z was destroyed when he used Gigavolt Havoc?

Don't get me wrong, I am bothered they CHOSE to do it that way, but I'm guessing they're not completely ready to get rid of Gigavolt Havoc.

It otherwise made sense, as it had to given what we are talking about. Pikashunium-Z is exclusively made for Ash and his Pikachu, the fact we can get in the games, is honestly only a really cool benefit, but it was obviously made with Ash and Pikachu in mind, which is cool that Gamefreak and the anime are working together more, like with Ash-Greninja, and now the Z-crystal and Ash-Hat Pikachu events.

Ash and Pikachu's bond transforming the Electrium-Z into the Pikashunium-Z makes sense, and even more so that it was temporary, it made sense for them to make up the pose, as well as to name the attack, it's THEIR exclusive Z-move.

What wouldn't have made sense is if this happened in regards to Pikanium-Z (Catastropika) because that SHOULD be non exclusive and related to all Pikachu (knowing Volt Tackle) and just exclusively to one Pokemon specifically.

I think this happened because of the circumstances, now I could be wrong, this is just an interpretation, but I think this happened because I do think Ash and Pikachu's bond was heightened due to Lillie and Gladion or more to the point Lillie's mother being more absorbed by Nihilego. That wanting to save Lillie's mother (I would assume that's why Ash would use a Z-move), was both a clear and pure motivation from both Ash and Pikachu that they were as much in sync as say Ash and Greninja creating Ash-Greninja.

That's why I think the Z-crystal temporarily changed, because in that moment they unlocked a deeper bond, that has pure motivation, just like say Ash-Greninja was "mastered" so to speak (or dropping its veil against Diantha, they were both in the moment and their choice was clear, and because of it that's probably why it disappeared, since the Z-crystal was no longer needed and therefore they lost their "motivation" for using the Z-crystal.

I'm assuming that at some point the Z-crystal will permanently change, when they can tap into that bond they had much more easil,y just like with Ash-Greninja mastering its form.

Or maybe what they are suggesting is that their bond alone is what changes the Z-crystal by giving it a temporary change, but the Z-crystal cannot permanently change, it can only be temporarily buffed by their bond (like Ash-Greninja).

We'll just have to see. Hoping though for a permanent change, not an Ash-Greninja change.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

The group basically took the Solgaleo-Bus on a fieldtrip to Ultra Space.. That's honestly how underwhelming it felt. And I didn't want to bring this up, but compared to the Team Flare-climax.. This felt really poorly done, even the Johto Team Rocket-episodes were done better.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
The group basically took the Solgaleo-Bus on a fieldtrip to Ultra Space.. That's honestly how underwhelming it felt. And I didn't want to bring this up, but compared to the Team Flare-climax.. This felt really poorly done, even the Johto Team Rocket-episodes were done better.

Wasn't that his purpose in the games? I mean minus that one attack he did against Lusamine he just stood there. And the whole point of Lunala/Solgaelo attacking Lusamine was to separate her which Lillie ended up doing anyway this time around.

DatsRight

"On the Magic Solgaleoooo..." (Sorry, had to be done).

Team Flare still had similar anti-climax rules, with most of the battles being curb stomps or DEMs where even the comic relief heroes aren't in any real harm. It's pacing was also the other way round, while AF was rushed, Flare was stalled for as long as they could so people would sit through all of XYZ's crappier episodes.

The biggest plus of Flare was that there were still after effects from their invasion, and even then only for a couple of episodes. We'll see what SM does. At the very least I feel the AF plot had a bit more going for it characterisation wise (even if people are still pretty entitled to feel ripped off compared to the games version).

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Wasn't that his purpose in the games? I mean minus that one attack he did against Lusamine he just stood there. And the whole point of Lunala/Solgaelo attacking Lusamine was to separate her which Lillie ended up doing anyway this time around.

This was a perfect opportunity to give the cover Legendary more to do and it ended up doing the exact same thing it does in the games.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Um, what exactly was Faba's motivations again? Seriously, I can't seem to shake the feeling he was evil for the sake of it.

DatsRight

Um, what exactly was Faba's motivations again? Seriously, I can't seem to shake the feeling he was evil for the sake of it.

To protect Lusamine from being demoted to 'prop villain' status in the anime. Onstage he's a weasel, but offstage he's a noble sport who takes many indignities to compensate for the weaknesses of the writers and fellow actors. :p

Last edited: