• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!! (997)

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Finally got around to watching this arc. I have to say the way it ended was disappointing. Gaining the most convenient power up when the situation demanded it is just bad, and of course it had to be a one-shot to show how destructive Ash's new move is. The good thing about this arc is that all the main casts got to contribute in a way, and there were moments where it was humorous at the right moments. Overall though, arc was underwhelming. However, I highly doubt this is the "main" villain arc, as we are just above the 50 episode mark, which is far too early for the main villain arc to conclude. I'm assuming we will get another villain arc around the episode 100 mark, where it revolves around USUM. Hopefully that one will be executed better.

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was not good.

The battle between the class vs Lusmine Pokemon is kinda lame because the Pokemon they were not shown to be that powerful and the heroes easily taking them out. Even if the Pokemon got back on their feet. It did felt there was no threat toward them. Really I wish that Lusimine Pokemon hit some of the class mate Pokemon to have more a struggle.

For Ash gaining the Pikashium Crystal was really lazy and they could have completely turn the Electric Z Crystal into that Z Crystal and having Ash re earn the electric z Crystal.

But this episode is just lame so 3.5 out 10

xEryChan

Demon Child
Forgive me for neglecting not to review this episode. At the time this episode aired, I was sick and I didn’t feel up to writing out my review. It’s been mknths now and I’m only realizing now that I have not reviewed this episode so I’m going to do it now.

I really enjoyed this episode. I have watched it several times since it aired and it certainly does not disappoint.

The combination move with Steenee and Rowlet was interesting to say the least but it was funny. At least they were successful in getting Rowlet away from Lilligant.

I was kind of disappointed with how they broke the mind control on Lusamine. I was fully expecting for Lillie to give some speech that would get through to Lusamine but no, that did not happen. Instead, we got Lillie screaming to her mother that she hates her. I will admit that she did seem to snap her out of it but in the end, Ash is the one who saved the day.

I was disappointed with how Ash obtained the Pikashnium Z in this episode. All his Z ring did was glow and boom, the electrium Z turned into the Pikashnium Z and Ash used the Z move on Lusamine and Nihilego. Than it just goes away like that. I kind of hope that Ash does get the actual Pikashnium Z later down the road and uses it in the league. That would be so cool. But that bring said, I really enjoyed the animation for 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. They did such a great job animating and I really hope he is able to use it again in the future.

Overall, I give this episode a 8 out of 10. It was a good episode but I felt as thought it could have been better.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
How did Ash:

-know to put his cap on Pikachu?
-know the name of the move?
-know the poses?

:D:p

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
How did Ash:

-know to put his cap on Pikachu?
-know the name of the move?
-know the poses?

:D:p
pika grabbed the cap, he probably came up with the other 2 himself

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
More and more fighting. It's good that although Ash got the finishing blow, everyone had a part to play here.

Honestly, Lillie's rant would've made more sense if Lusamine was like her vanilla SM game self.

A pity the final battle ended in a deus ex machina. The battles before this one (from this and the previous episode) were better by far.

I hate to admit this, but this episode wasn't as well-scored as I hoped it would be. The previous one was much better-scored. Of course, I'd still gladly take this over whatever junk the JP version had. But the fact of the matter is that this is the first time a dub score from the Goldfarb era has let me down, and so this episode has no good soundtrack anywhere in the world.

Well, this arc's ending sure was a letdown.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't understand what Ash was trying to achieve by grabbing onto Mother Beast and getting thrown aside

the same thing he was trying to achieve when he jumped off Prism Tower :D:p

they wanted to save every z-move for one episode. They can't span them out, they all must be in one episode

I think Kiawe's Inferno Overdrive was in the last episode

It seems TheWanderingMist's "evolving Z-Crystal" theory turned out to be true, at least for Electrium-Z -> Pikashunium-Z. I was a bit surprised that the Pikashunium-Z transform back into Electrium-Z after Ash and Pikachu used 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt—I expected the transformation to be permanent—but I definitely don't think this is the last we will see of Pikashunium-Z.

maybe it should have been the "MEGA-evolving Z-Crystal theory"

Um, what exactly was Faba's motivations again? Seriously, I can't seem to shake the feeling he was evil for the sake of it.

omg I totally forgot about him until I just read your post..... wow what a messy arc

This arc was so underwhelming, I really thought they could have beat Team Galactic at the start of the series with how early Team Skull was implanted.... but here we are now, no Team Skull since Gladion's debut, no Guzma or Plumeria, no Fire Trial, not even 10 episodes(While we were stuck with Squishy for 50 UGH!) with Nebby, Solgaleo barely did squat, and to top things off we got another "Ash-Greninja" incident.... why couldn't the change just be permanent? I sure hope it goes permanent.... I don't want 30 episodes of Ash and Pikachu trying to make it permanent.

Also, the TRio being included in the whole arc.... then quickly tossed aside was NOT ****ing cool! Mimikyu and Mareanie should have gotten in on that Ultra Space action. Instead the TRio just sat there for 3 episodes.... I really hope we get Rainbow Rocket so the TRio can actually do SOMETHING!

We should have at least had an Ula'Ula arc with the trials there and Guzma's introduction. How are they going to work Guzma's redemption?! I sure hope they don't turn him into some thug.....

Guess I'm waiting for gen 8 to see Team Galactic dethroned.

This is an incredibly hilarious post and one I mostly agree with and have screenshotted for future laughs. I even sent it to one of my friends who doesn't watch the anime and only plays the games just because I know he'll find it funny regardless of his lack of knowledge on the anime, that's how great this post is.

A pity the final battle ended in a deus ex machina. The battles before this one (from this and the previous episode) were better by far.
\

It wasn't DEM dude. DEM means you have to be in a hopeless situation, as someone pointed out earlier this thread. If Ash had been about to lose the battle, sure, call it DEM. He was about to use Gigavolt Havoc, which would have still done a lot of damage and given him the upper hand, even if it didn't win it like 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt did. Therefore it's not DEM. You have to come from the jaws of defeat to call it DEM.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Meh I felt that 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt was used in a cheap way only because of Ash and his main character status. It would have been better if Lillie or Gladion were the ones that finished off Nihilego and rescued Lusamine.

Other than that I liked the episode, especially the parts with Rowlet and Lana using her z move. Also I found Lana trolling Sophocles at the end hilarious.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Meh I felt that 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt was used in a cheap way only because of Ash and his main character status. It would have been better if Lillie or Gladion were the ones that finished off Nihilego and rescued Lusamine.

To be honest, I agree with you completely and I was disappointed with how Ash obtained the Pikashium Z in this episode from the moment I saw it because it made no sense to me. I definitely feel like it would have been better if Gladion used his Z-move to defeat Nihilego and rescue Lusamine instead of Ash.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, I think they were marketing the move over giving us the logic behind it. Even the episode title just scream "Get ready to see this awesome move over everything else!!!".

I would prefer Lillie & Gladion to defeat Nihilego Lusamine due of their family connection. I would be fine to have the whole cast to combine their attacks too. But nope, they were in a hurry to show us the "move".

As for the episode, I liked the Rowlet & Steenee combination attack.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alright, I've just been waiting until the end of the arc to give my impressions as a whole. I must say, I was not disappointed. I've made it no secret in the past that I do not like the Sun and Moon series as a whole, and these arc really was the make or break point for me. I am happy to say that it at least renewed a little faith in the series for me. Admittedly, it still had its share of issues (like that sleepover episode, which was probably one of the most pointless episodes in the entire series), but it was overall a pleasure to watch. It saddens me to realize that next week we're probably going to go right back to the old Sun and Moon status quo of boring and pointless episodes. Hopefully the upcoming Ultra Beast arc will make up for that.

Aside from that sleepover episode, my two biggest nitpicks were the pacing and the use of Team Rocket. With the pacing, the last three episodes made it pretty clear that they were dragging things out for as long as possible. They easily could have condensed the three into two. Same goes for that worthless sleepover episode. With Team Rocket, don't get me wrong, I fully appreciated that they appeared as much as they did, seeing as Sun and Moon seems to think it's alright for Team Rocket to be shoved aside and forgotten about, I just wish they had more to do. I did love the "Proto-Koffing" thing though. That was quite hilarious.

On the topic of this last episode, I did not mind the way Ash got Pikashnium-Z. I'm under the assumption right now that the writers have a reason, and we'll be seeing the crystal pop up again in the future with a backstory. Of course, I did say the same thing about Ash-Greninja, so we'll see. I was very happy to see that they actually got to battle Nihilego-Lusmaine, like we should have been able to do in the games in the first place. That was pretty cool. What wasn't cool was how little Solgaleo did. I do wish that it actually got to get in on the action, instead of just acting as a personal transportation service.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
(like that sleepover episode, which was probably one of the most pointless episodes in the entire series)
How was it pointless when it revealed that Type: Null/Silvally was the reason why Lillie got scared of touching Pokemon (even it turned out to be a misunderstanding)?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How was it pointless when it revealed that Type: Null/Silvally was the reason why Lillie got scared of touching Pokemon (even it turned out to be a misunderstanding)?

Okay, guess I should have gone into details. This ties in to what I was saying about this arc being a little too spread thin. The stuff you mentioned was great, but it only encompassed five minutes of the episode and there was no narrative reason it had to be a part of that episode. My beef was with the main portion of that episode, where they killed time doing the most ridiculous and time-wasting things. Seriously, I don't care about your absurd Z-Pose game with rules seemingly being made up on the spot. The only part of the episode that mattered, the part you brought up, was so unrelated that it could have been tagged on to any other episode in the exact same way, leaving the remainder of the episode pointless. It seems pretty clear to me that writers either wanted an extra episode in the arc, so they forced this into creation, and tagged on the Lillie stuff to justify it, or they couldn't fit the Lillie stuff in to any other episode, so they haphazardly threw this episode together simply for the Lillie stuff. Either way, the bulk of episode could have been handled much better.

DatsRight

I'm just under the conclusion that they wanted this arc done and over with as fast as possible. Pacing and occasional holes and discarded elements in the story are really obvious in places. I'm not exactly sure what they were in a rush for, most of the episodes following this weren't exactly vital, and sacrificing even a one or two could have worked to give this arc better handling, but it's done and besides two or three key plot points it was so rushed through it didn't play that big a part of the show anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It was a lighter episode meant to focus more on character rather than the story.

I will not deny that. That's really where my problem with Sun and Moon as a whole lies. Most of its filler episodes are character-based instead of story-based, and I don't find that nearly as enjoyable. That's not to say I don't like character building episodes, but there's no reason you can't do character building in an episode with actual story. In a perfect world, I would want episodes with both story and character focus, but if I'm forced to chose between one or the other, story-based episodes are much more entertaining.

I'm just under the conclusion that they wanted this arc done and over with as fast as possible. Pacing and occasional holes and discarded elements in the story are really obvious in places. I'm not exactly sure what they were in a rush for, most of the episodes following this weren't exactly vital, and sacrificing even a one or two could have worked to give this arc better handling, but it's done and besides two or three key plot points it was so rushed through it didn't play that big a part of the show anyway.

I kind of like the idea of having a highly concentrated multi-episode plot myself. I think it really did wonders back during the finale of the Zygarde arc back in Kalos, so I don't necessarily mind the rush here. That being said, if there's one thing Sun and Moon needs as a series, it's a more focused story, so I would have fully supported spreading this story out across a season and better developing it.

DatsRight

I don't think a concentrated arc is bad but it felt compressed to the point some important details got rushed over or skipped.

* Faba's whole involvement and as an antagonist and instigator felt hashed in. How was Lillie's condition kept secret for so long without anyone even trying to find out what happened to her? Even just time for one flashback with Gladion saying "Faba did it!" and Lusamine going "Oh don't make up stories honey" would have added some sort of sensicality. Even after he is exposed, no one takes action so he can set up the Ultra Space plot line. It feels like the story needed to hastily put in a bad guy as a plot device to set everything up and didn't have time think through how he would be able to get away with progressing further (though given how long Lillie's backstory was established beforehand, there was WAY less excuse there).
* Burnet and Kukui's 'relationship'. No doubt about it, this needed WAY more time and build up before marriage outright.
* Similarly not a lot of time to develop Nebby, let alone supposed bonds between Ash or Lillie that were emphasised when it evolved.
* Team Rocket's almost pointless employment in AF. Aside from establishing a bit of scruples for the TRio what was the point of this again?
* How did they get to Poni Island as well come to think about it? There's almost implications of a deleted scene with them and the Totem Kommo-O.

Last edited: