• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!! (997)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!!

Ash has caught up to Lusamine with Solgaleo, but things are looking tense for his friends who are suffering at the hands of the Ultra Energy powered Pokémon owned by Lusamine. To top it off, with Lusamine having been fused with Nihilego, it's hard for Ash to rescue her as she attacks him. Lillie feels powerless to help her mother, but Ash soon discovers the ability to use a new move with Pikachu. Will they rescue Lusamine?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
The weird part in all of this was I kinda called Lillie would change back into her regular attire after this arc in my head, guess they felt like this was a little bit to much like the saga to keep it.

Anyway I liked this episode, Lillie's speech to Lusamine was expected and touching. However what I really like was Ash was able to battle Mother Beast (which we didn't get in the video games) and she posed an actual threat. What I didn't really like was the fact Lusamine literally recovered 2 seconds after being released from Nihilego. I wasn't expecting her to be completely out cold due to poison like the games but come on. They couldn't of made her frail and needing to be carried by Gladion?

andrewscott48209

This was an intense episode. I liked that Lillie was almost able to get through to Lusamine, but Nihlego (hope I'm spelling it right) pulled her back and sealed her in, requiring Ash to use his Z Move. If I'm thinking right, the Electrium Z crystal is able to morph into the Pikashunium Z crystal and back. I am surprise that Ash and Pikachu were able to get their pose correct without anyone teaching them (though it might have been natural for them; that, or it is something they have to figure out. I don't really know.). I'll have to wait for the subs to come out to find out what happened there.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Ash's Electrium-Z only temporarily transformed into Pikashunium-Z? Meh, I thought it would be permanent.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
This was an intense episode. I liked that Lillie was almost able to get through to Lusamine, but Nihlego (hope I'm spelling it right) pulled her back and sealed her in, requiring Ash to use his Z Move. If I'm thinking right, the Electrium Z crystal is able to morph into the Pikashunium Z crystal and back. I am surprise that Ash and Pikachu were able to get their pose correct without anyone teaching them (though it might have been natural for them; that, or it is something they have to figure out. I don't really know.). I'll have to wait for the subs to come out to find out what happened there.

Yeah it seems that Pikashunium Z is a temporary power up. It kinda makes sense in a way since it would have been way too OP if he kept it.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
And with this, the AF arc comes to an end, which I feel quite mixed about. As for this episode itself, I give it a 6.5/10. It was a fairly alright episode, but felt kind of underwhelming for a climax episode.

The whole Rowlet and Steenee attack was so predictable, and yet, still so lame. Disappointed that all managed to overpower the three Pokémon pretty easily in the end, even if Litten did help a bit. Granted they all woke up again, but we didn't see that. Also, as expected, Lillie gave her 'emotional' speech, and it almost worked, but it resulted in a bigger monstrosity.

OK, can I just say (and I'm probably in the minority), that whole 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt move felt quite DEM? There was no buildup, and it seems like it was only used for that moment. I don't think Ash will be able to use that Z Move again.

I also didn't like how Lusamine was surprisingly well after that literal nuclear attack from Pikachu. Anyway, she, Lillie and Gladion patched up which was nice, though it wasn't really emotional since they didn't really build up to this moment that well imo.

However, one thing I did like was how Mother Beast was physically battling, though I don't understand what Ash was trying to achieve by grabbing onto Mother Beast and getting thrown aside. And I did like how they confirmed Clefable's ability as Magic Guard by allowing it to walk across the Sludge Wave field.

andrewscott48209

And with this, the AF arc comes to an end, which I feel quite mixed about. As for this episode itself, I give it a 6.5/10. It was a fairly alright episode, but felt kind of underwhelming for a climax episode.

The whole Rowlet and Steenee attack was so predictable, and yet, still so lame. Disappointed that all managed to overpower the three Pokémon pretty easily in the end, even if Litten did help a bit. Granted they all woke up again, but we didn't see that. Also, as expected, Lillie gave her 'emotional' speech, and it almost worked, but it resulted in a bigger monstrosity.

OK, can I just say (and I'm probably in the minority), that whole 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt move felt quite DEM? There was no buildup, and it seems like it was only used for that moment. I don't think Ash will be able to use that Z Move again.

I also didn't like how Lusamine was surprisingly well after that literal nuclear attack from Pikachu. Anyway, she, Lillie and Gladion patched up which was nice, though it wasn't really emotional since they didn't really build up to this moment that well imo.

However, one thing I did like was how Mother Beast was physically battling, though I don't understand what Ash was trying to achieve by grabbing onto Mother Beast and getting thrown aside. And I did like how they confirmed Clefable's ability as Magic Guard by allowing it to walk across the Sludge Wave field.

I think Ash was trying to pull Lusamine out of Nihlego.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah it seems that Pikashunium Z is a temporary power up. It kinda makes sense in a way since it would have been way too OP if he kept it.

Ash has already been too OP in this saga anyway, so what's the issue?

Anyway, the climax was really good, everyone played their roles in this episode, each and every Pokemon pretty much got to shine. Lillie's badasstry went up one level above, she even freed Lusamine from Nihilego's mind control grasp, her moments of speech were awesome, before......Nihilego's took complete grasp over her obviously. Silvally's role.....could've been done better, but well, it got to play it's part in this episode(we got to see it change type twice in this episode). Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt moment......man that was truly epic, sending Mother Beast Nihilego into submission in one hit. Kinda disappointed that Pikashunium-Z was temporary though. Overall, 8.5/10.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Yeah, you're not in the minority (at least I hope).

Pros:
- Silvally getting used.
- Mother Beast using moves..
Cons:
- The group using their Z-moves to absolutely no effect, because Lusamine's team was going to be revived anyway.
- The Lusamine's revived team being shown as a threat needed to be taken down again, and then not showing us.
- Did they show Gladion/Lillie taking down Absol either? I thought they just showed up at the Mother Beast-field.
- Ash trying to take out Mother Beast by himself played for laughs.
- Pikashunium Z being DEM'd onto Ash's wrist.
- Lusamine being A-Okay. But I guess that relieves the animé of the problem of sending her and a kid over to Kanto.

All in all, this entire arc felt wonky and badly done. Stuff like how Lillie's fear of pokémon was shown was great (with the Silvally evolution), but stuff like devoting an entire episode evolving Cosmoem and upgrading Ash's Z-Ring felt slow, then the episode following that felt wholly unnecesarry in light of this one - or at the least, slow yet again.

andrewscott48209

Ash has already been too OP in this saga anyway, so what's the issue?

Anyway, the climax was really good, everyone played their roles in this episode, each and every Pokemon pretty much got to shine. Lillie's badasstry went up one level above, she even freed Lusamine from Nihilego's mind control grasp, her moments of speech were awesome, before......Nihilego's mind control grasp obviously. Silvally's role.....could've been done better, but well, it got to play it's part in this episode(we got to see it change type twice in this episode). Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt moment......man that was truly epic, sending Mother Beast Nihilego into submission in one hit. Kinda disappointed that Pikashunium-Z was temporary though. Overall, 8.5/10.

I don't think it has to be though. Either (a) they need to fully master it for it to be permanent, or (b) it changes every time they go to use the Z Move, or (c) they could choose which Z move they want to use.

Rohanator

- The Lusamine's revived team being shown as a threat needed to be taken down again, and then not showing us.
- Did they show Gladion/Lillie taking down Absol either? I thought they just showed up at the Mother Beast-field.
- Ash trying to take out Mother Beast by himself played for laughs.
- Pikashunium Z being DEM'd onto Ash's wrist.
- The point of Lusamine's Mons getting revived was just to add some urgency "We have to defeat Nihilego quickly or our friends will get beaten" and to get Solgaleo out there so Pikachu can save the day (which, granted, I didn't like, I think Solgaleo and Silvally should've breaken the rocks and nearly defeated Nihilego, with Pikachu only coming in for a surprise finish. Instead neither did anything in the final battle).

- Gladion was shown beating Absol, he left with Silvally after it revived, leaving it to Lycanroc and Umbreon.

- The only part with Ash that was played for laughs was when he tipped his shoe into the acid. Him actually trying to attack Mother Beast and getting blown back wasn't comedic. Maybe it seemed that way since it wasn't super dramatically animated?

- I wouldn't call this DEM personally since this is the first time he's using the Electric crystal with the evolved Z-Ring, makes enough sense to me that it'd power it up somehow especially when it's Pikachu who obviously has the strongest bond with Ash. But I guess I can see why one would.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well Pikachu using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt looked really epic, but yeah, if that's just a temporary change which never happens again, then I have no choice but to say it a complete DEM, a.k.a, it happened out of nowhere just because the plot demanded it.

andrewscott48209

Well Pikachu using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt looked really epic, but yeah, if that's just a temporary change which never happens again, then I have no choice but to say it a complete DEM, a.k.a, it happened out of nowhere just because the plot demanded it.

Maybe it's a feature of the Z Power Ring?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Just wondering what the combo name for Steenee and Rowlet's move was?

Its was named "Hissatsu no Mokuchūto" ("Certain-kill Mokuchoot"), and its actually a pun on the japanese name of the Z-Move "Catastropika" which is "Hissatsu no Pikachūto" ("Certain-kill Pikachoot"), replacing 'Pika' (from Pikachu's name) with 'Moku' from Rowlet's Japanese name Mokuroh.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Maybe it's a feature of the Z Power Ring?

Sorry but how can it be so? Are trying to say that when a trainer attempts to use a type Z-move with his/her Pokemon, the Z-crystal will transform into the exclusive Z-crystal of that Pokemon due to the Z-powered ring(if that particular Pokemon has an exclusive Z-move)? Hmm, I doubt it.

andrewscott48209

Sorry but how can it be so? Are trying to say that when a trainer attempts to use a type Z-move with his/her Pokemon, the Z-crystal will transform into the exclusive Z-crystal of that Pokemon due to the Z-powered ring(if that particular Pokemon has an exclusive Z-move)? Hmm, I doubt it.

It may be, but we will have to wait and see. All I know is that prior to getting his Z Ring upgraded, he only used the Gigavolt Havoc. Now that his ring is upgraded to the Z Power Ring, he went for the Gigavolt Havoc, but the Z Crystal changed, allowing them to use the 10,000,000 volt Thunderbolt. This might seem like DEM, but I believe this is just a taste of what's to come in the future.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

IMO, the ring being upgraded doesn't quite explain the Crystal being upgraded too, without the guardians being there to upgrade it, nor it explains how Ash knew the pose and the name of the z-move, so it's a bit of a DEM.

I do agree that the special z-move will comeback tho.

Last edited: