• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!! (997)

He should have just started small and got a Psyduck to ease Lusamine's pain from stubbing her toe on her desk. :p

Only Team Rocket would be so considerate. What makes you think someone who'd ditch a perfectly decent groundskeeper disguise in favor of a bush would know these kinds of things?

p96822

Evolve me please
If I have anything to say about this arc. Is that is lazy with everything it does. The side characters are not used very well including Team Rocket, some of the character development for Lillie felt rushed, and we have some many DEMS that it becomes annoying. If I can say about the last Arc that Pokemon did that was big is the Team Flare arc which was so much better then this arc.

The Team Flare arc had better pacing because they use some of the filler episodes as a stepping stone towards it bigger things that was going to happen. There were more emotional moments with Bonnie and Squisy, a big action scenes with Ash and Alain,Clemont trying to get his gym back as well as making a big sacrifice of Clemontbot, also Team Rocket had a propose of being there. This arc doesn't really has that instead they felt more filler then anything else.

The Villains if you can say that is not that intressinig at all. Faba only crime is kidnapping Lillie so she can lose her memories, taking Silvally from Gladion and summoning Nihilego that cause the whole kidnapping thing. He should have more of a punishment or a scolding of does those thing. Lusimine could have better if the writers give her more screen time

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I hate to compare this to the games, but seriously, Ash was not necessary for this arc. In fact, I wonder what the arc would be like if it was just Lillie and Gladion doing some sort of Marvel's Runaways-like storyline where they had to run from town-to-town dealing with cops on an evil Lusamine's payroll and Team Skull who are also on her payroll.

Oh I'm sorry, is my fanfiction getting in the way of this review? Well that clearly states my investment for this arc. Seriously, as the years go by, I'm starting to feel like the anime is ashamed of their game stories because they feel like they need to water it down.

p96822

Evolve me please
I hate to compare this to the games, but seriously, Ash was not necessary for this arc. In fact, I wonder what the arc would be like if it was just Lillie and Gladion doing some sort of Marvel's Runaways-like storyline where they had to run from town-to-town dealing with cops on an evil Lusamine's payroll and Team Skull who are also on her payroll.

Oh I'm sorry, is my fanfiction getting in the way of this review? Well that clearly states my investment for this arc. Seriously, as the years go by, I'm starting to feel like the anime is ashamed of their game stories because they feel like they need to water it down.

I agree with you. If this was more focus on Lillie and not Ash it could have been better. But it was more about the marketing on Ash's new Z Power Ring and not Lillie growning as a character.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

I don't agree but I also do in a way. I wish Lillie and Gladion got the most screentime and focus in this arc. I feel like a lot of it was given to Ash who didn't need to bond with Nebby as much as he did or be the one to stop Mother Beast but I did enjoy his screentime and role (but it should've been more of a supporting role.) I feel like Ash didn't steal per say, but ever since he was chosen as the one to raise Nebby, it was guaranteed he would star in this arc, more than the actual people that it should be dedicated to. It feels weird and off that Ash has someone else's role.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This arc was so underwhelming, I really thought they could have beat Team Galactic at the start of the series with how early Team Skull was implanted.... but here we are now, no Team Skull since Gladion's debut, no Guzma or Plumeria, no Fire Trial, not even 10 episodes(While we were stuck with Squishy for 50 UGH!) with Nebby, Solgaleo barely did squat, and to top things off we got another "Ash-Greninja" incident.... why couldn't the change just be permanent? I sure hope it goes permanent.... I don't want 30 episodes of Ash and Pikachu trying to make it permanent.

Also, the TRio being included in the whole arc.... then quickly tossed aside was NOT ****ing cool! Mimikyu and Mareanie should have gotten in on that Ultra Space action. Instead the TRio just sat there for 3 episodes.... I really hope we get Rainbow Rocket so the TRio can actually do SOMETHING!

We should have at least had an Ula'Ula arc with the trials there and Guzma's introduction. How are they going to work Guzma's redemption?! I sure hope they don't turn him into some thug.....

Guess I'm waiting for gen 8 to see Team Galactic dethroned.

DatsRight

I don't agree but I also do in a way. I wish Lillie and Gladion got the most screentime and focus in this arc. I feel like a lot of it was given to Ash who didn't need to bond with Nebby as much as he did or be the one to stop Mother Beast but I did enjoy his screentime and role (but it should've been more of a supporting role.) I feel like Ash didn't steal per say, but ever since he was chosen as the one to raise Nebby, it was guaranteed he would star in this arc, more than the actual people that it should be dedicated to. It feels weird and off that Ash has someone else's role.

It's odd because a lot of the time in this arc, especially the last half, Ash DID feel like a supporting character, just some of Lillie's key moments in the games like bonding with Nebby were absorbed by him. Anime-exclusive stuff however, she ironically got more centre stage for.

It feels like in some places the two were meant to have switched roles. Lillie having Nebby and Ash keeping his eye on both of them would have arguably complimented the bond the two grow in the last half anyway.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
it's really nice to watch last and this episode continuously
Well i think i'm the only one who like this episode, i think is pretty great finale for an arc tbh, we dont need big like what conclusion since we still in the middle of series anyway, i'm not gonna say this underwhelming , it beats Magma, Aqua, Johto Rocket and Par with Plasma, and Flare
Pro: Everyone got shine and no one got shaft, random funny moment that not forced, i love the battle that classmate (except lilie) and galdion have
Con: Nebby as UP School Bus, Despite being said UB slayer, Silvady hardly do anything, TR being background ( it like they unneeded here)

this episode 9/10
Gonna rate whole arc after next episode

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Well i think i'm the only one who like this episode, i think is pretty great finale for an arc tbh, we dont need big like what conclusion since we still in the middle of series anyway, i'm not gonna say this underwhelming , it beats Magma, Aqua, Johto Rocket and Par with Plasma, and Flare
Pro: Everyone got shine and no one got shaft, random funny moment that not forced, i love the battle that classmate (except lilie) and galdion have
Con: Nebby as UP School Bus, Despite being said UB slayer, Silvady hardly do anything, TR being background ( it like they unneeded here)

this episode 9/10

Your not the only one who likes this episode. Now to wait for Poipole to show up! (The best Ultra Beast!)

andrewscott48209

this episode 9/10

You're not the only one who likes this episode. I thought it was an intense episode. I'm glad it ended on a happy note. Unlike most people I didn't think that the 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt was DEM. If anything, I agree with dman_dustin on this one.

DatsRight

This episode had some nice moments I agree. I just hope it isn't the very height of this series in terms of the big action arc (or if it is, just stick mostly to slice of life).

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I only skimmed the episode pictures, so I left myself out of some info, thankfully this forum got me up to date and all I can say is:

I am not surprised, Solgaleo took a backseat to make Ash and Pikachu look good, as the writer's always do, unlike the games which have good stories and introduce new characters all the time the anime always sacrifices good storytelling (and sometimes storytelling all together in general) in favor of marketing. Even if they did do the Team Flare arc better than the games which is sad to say.

"huh neat I ranked up"

I found this a satisfying episode, and I liked the resolution between Lillie and Lusamine. Thankfully there was more to sort out between them besides Lillie's past, or this could've just as easily led to one of those "brainwashed people don't realize anything that happened and nothing really changes" endings I hate so much.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Deus Ex Machina: an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

I think you guys are using it wrong. It wasn't a "hopeless situation". Ash was gonna use Gigavolt havoc anyway. Even if it didn't outright end the fight, it still would've done a ton of damage, I'm sure. The Z crystal transforming was more or less teasing people with another mystery telling you that the show isn't over quite yet. We still have Necrosma to look into after all.

As for the episode itself, I only cared about the 10 million bolt scene and the episode gave me the 10 million bolt scene. Everything else was either good or in the way. 7 / 10.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Especially since the Electrium-Z changing was foreshadowed back in EP19 and one or two of the other episodes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Um, what exactly was Faba's motivations again? Seriously, I can't seem to shake the feeling he was evil for the sake of it.

I guess SM55 will fully answer your question.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Um, what exactly was Faba's motivations again? Seriously, I can't seem to shake the feeling he was evil for the sake of it.

From what I understood he was initially trying to gain rank and appeal from Lusamine by trying to obtain an Ultra Beast, this is why he secretly did all the Ultra Beast and Type: Null research at Aether which ultimately resulted in the accident with Lillie. Once it started to look like Lillie's memories might come back, something Faba concluded from seeing Lillie was starting to touch pokémon again, he got desperate and tried to cover up by taking Lillie and trying to use Hypno to erase her memories again. And then once Lusamine found out the history with Lillie he desperately tried to go back to his original plan, hoping to gain favour again with Lusamine if he could provide her with an Ultra Beast. Lusamine obviously didn't want him around anymore after what had happened, so he had to use Nebby and Burnet's research to force the situation in his favour. I wouldn't say he's just evil for the sake of it. He's definitely not a good guy, he's arrogant and selfish and puts his own career above all else, but he has his reasons.

Anyway, I liked this episode. While the action wasn't as epic as I hoped, there were some amazing character moments. I loved Lillie's speech to her mother and how she managed to get through to her. Also love how the 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt looked like, and the Catastrowlet move was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the Z-pose for 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt though. I know they use the same as the games, but it doesn't feel like an actual Z-pose, it doesn't have the same elegance and finesse, and the poses are one of the things that, at least to me, have to be there for Z-Moves, they're what make Z-Moves Z-Moves. Also noticed that Gladion doesn't seem to use the Rock Z-Pose when using Continental Crush, he does something else. I know Kiawe fits a bit of extra moves at the end of his Inferno Overdrive, but the original pose is also still there. But Gladion doesn't have that, and I miss it. He still looks awesome and his pose is gorgeously animated, but I don't understand why his pose is different. It's something I also noticed in SM27.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
From what I understood he was initially trying to gain rank and appeal from Lusamine by trying to obtain an Ultra Beast, this is why he secretly did all the Ultra Beast and Type: Null research at Aether which ultimately resulted in the accident with Lillie. Once it started to look like Lillie's memories might come back, something Faba concluded from seeing Lillie was starting to touch pokémon again, he got desperate and tried to cover up by taking Lillie and trying to use Hypno to erase her memories again. And then once Lusamine found out the history with Lillie he desperately tried to go back to his original plan, hoping to gain favour again with Lusamine if he could provide her with an Ultra Beast. Lusamine obviously didn't want him around anymore after what had happened, so he had to use Nebby and Burnet's research to force the situation in his favour. I wouldn't say he's just evil for the sake of it. He's definitely not a good guy, he's arrogant and selfish and puts his own career above all else, but he has his reasons.

Anyway, I liked this episode. While the action wasn't as epic as I hoped, there were some amazing character moments. I loved Lillie's speech to her mother and how she managed to get through to her. Also love how the 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt looked like, and the Catastrowlet move was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the Z-pose for 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt though. I know they use the same as the games, but it doesn't feel like an actual Z-pose, it doesn't have the same elegance and finesse, and the poses are one of the things that, at least to me, have to be there for Z-Moves, they're what make Z-Moves Z-Moves. Also noticed that Gladion doesn't seem to use the Rock Z-Pose when using Continental Crush, he does something else. I know Kiawe fits a bit of extra moves at the end of his Inferno Overdrive, but the original pose is also still there. But Gladion doesn't have that, and I miss it. He still looks awesome and his pose is gorgeously animated, but I don't understand why his pose is different. It's something I also noticed in SM27.

Well, it kind of was made up by Ash and Pikachu, I wouldn't exactly call elegance and finesse their forte.

As for Gladion, maybe foreshadowing he'll get the Lycanium-Z?

SONW

Once again the protagonism and the games (marketing) negatively influence the anime.
This battle should be for Lillie and Gladion (Silvally and Cleafable), Ash had already done everything he needed in the previous episodes. It was a bad time to show this new Z-move.