• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shinedown | UU RMT

Tilt

Banned
Alright, I recently joined SPPf and came straight here to CRMT. I honestly see very little good raters/team builders, but there are a couple here. Hopefully those will be the ones to rate my UU team. I'm very new to UU and just got into it just because I wanted to try out one Pokemon: SubCharge Beam Lanturn. Its worked amazingly well for me and now I think its time to see how I can improve this team otherwise. Now, lets get to this.

Team Shinedown

At a glance:
424Back_f.png
379Back_m.png
350Back_f_shiny.png
059Back_m.png
003Back_f.png
171Back_m_shiny.png

In depth
424f.png
@
life-orbitem.png

Ability: Technician
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Payback
- Taunt

Originally, I had Persian, and as great as it was, Ambipom outclasses it, so here it is. Does the exact same thing as Persian with a lot more power. Fake Out is a great first move that gives me the edge over many other leads. Taunt helps stop the opposing lead from setting up and I can usually finish off any other lead with either U-Turn or Payback.

379.png
@
leftoversitem.png

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP | 100 Atk | 156 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Stealth Rock is a must have for nearly every team. It took a bit to decide on what my SR user would be. At first, I tried Torterra, but that gave me 2 x4 weaknesses to Ice, which was a huge pain and costs me quite a few matches. After mulling it over, I decided on Miltank. After receiving another suggestion, I went with Registeel as my SR user. Registeel has some great defenses and will usually have no problem setting up SR. I chose Toxic > T-Wave so that I can wear down Bulky Waters easier.

350.gif
@
leftoversitem.png

Ability: Marvle Scale
EVs: 252 HP | 220 Def | 56 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Ice Beam

With Altaria and Miltank gone, I didn't have anything to heal my team of status, so I went with something that can absorb status and make the best of its 2 turns asleep, Milotic. Milotic is such a great bulky water and with Arcanine and Venusaur, it makes for the great Water/Fire/Grass core in UU. Surf and Ice Beam give Milotic the best coverage though I am considering HP Grass.

059.png
@
life-orbitem.png

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP | 152 Atk | 236 Spe
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)

- Hidden Power Grass
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Overheat

Well, I figured I needed a Fire type on my team, I was considering Moltres, but its x 4 SR weak put me off and I didn't really want a Spinner in this team because I am just not overly fond of Spinners. I wanted something with some decent bulk at first I considered Flareon, decided against it. I settled on Arcanine because its got good bulk and can dish out some damage.

003f.png
@
leftoversitem.png

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

So, Altaria wasn't exactly needed in the team. Vensaur was placed in the team to finish of a water/fire/grass core. Sleep is always great to spread around and can help Lanturn get a Sub in. Leech Seed over Synthesis for that extra damage each turn to my opponent that also helps Lanturn. Moves are for dual STAB.

171_2.png
@
leftoversitem.png

Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP | 76 Def | 140 SAtk | 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Charge Beam

And finally, the star of the team. SubChargeBeam Lanturn wrecks so much and it has a great surprise factor. Lanturn usually has no problem switching in on something and getting a Sub up. And with 52 EVs in HP it gets 101 Subs iirc which means that I can safely set up against things like Chansey and Clefable that only carry S-Toss as their only attacking move. Lanturn has great bulk and is easily able to set up with Charge Beam, Surf is that great secondary STAB and with Ice beam, I get great coverage. Behind a Sub, Lanturn is able to handle many things which would normally defeat it with no problem as well as avoid status by speedier things such as Milotic.

And there's my team, hopefully the fonts didn't make your eyes bleed.

Last edited:
Ambipom completely outclasses Persian, so go with that. There should be no difficulties.

The main things that immediately strike me with this team is lack of power without set up and lack of some solid special defense outside of your main sweeper. I'll try and fix these for you.

Minor nitpick: Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Weezing. PP > power for defensive Pokemon.

I think offensive mixed Arcanine would be far better than your current set. It gives you power off the bat with STAB Flare Blitz hurting a lot and also has decent coverage and can revenge kill with priority.

Arcanine @Life Orb
Intimidate | Naughty| 192 HP/252 Atk/64 Spe
~ Flare Blitz
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Overheat
~ Hidden Power Grass

Not sure about that EV spread, as it's the Anti-lead one from Smogon so you could probably use a tad more speed, but idk. Fiddle with it a bit.

I'm not so sure if you need defensive DD Altaria, you might be better off changing the Pokemon entirely since you can just whack Heal Bell on Miltank over Toxic (which makes you slightly Milotic weak, but ResTalk is relatively common so). I think you need some speed off the bat since the team so far is quite slow other than priority, which leaves you susceptible to fast Ghosts (ie Sub Mismagius). You could try out Scarf Absol to remedy this, but you could also go in the direction of TechniTop or CB Azumarill too (TechniTop would give you room to spin, allowing you to use Moltres > Arcanine). I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Tilt

Banned
Alright, I'll change to Ambipom.

I've never had to use more than 8 FBs on Weezing, but I'll test it out for a bit to see how having more PP works.

Howl Acanine has been great so far, but thats only if it manages to set up, even then it doesn't hit as hard as I'd like it to. MixArcanine is a great idea, I'll change its current set. Yeah, I think some more speed would help. 236 allows me to outspeed max base 80s, which seems to be good enough.

And for the last slot, I'll have to think a bit on it.

Thanks for the rate.

Tilt

Banned
So, I made some major edits to the team.

I replaced Altaria, Weezing, and Miltank for Venusaur, Registeel, and Milotic.

Perhaps there's room for a bit more improvement?

Shadow Claw > Payback on Ambipom methinks. As far as I'm aware, Payback doesn't hit anything harder.

Hm now the team is slightly SD Venusaur weak as only Venusaur can come in and it still takes ~35% from Earthquake on the switch-in (Arcanine and Ambipom don't like eating an Earthquake on the switch-in either). Also, the team lacks real speed off the bat, and the likes of Rock Polish Torterra/Rhyperior coming in on Registeel (Toxic doesn't matter as it'll kill you before it dies from Toxic), however you do have Milotic... I guess the easy way to see if a change is required is to ask if you've had any trouble with Torterra/Rhyperior during testing.

Uberiffic

Mence > Garchomp
Note that this rate is only my opinion on how to improve your team, do take it with a grain of salt and your own opinion.
Agreeing with above that you are EQ weak. You also lack a solid way to mantian momentum outside of ambipom, who dies a little too early for my taste. Thus, I would suggest Uxie > Registeel. Uxie also provides rocks, but can thunderwave and use u-turn to mantain momentum.