• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Manga discussion

Spenny

For those who are reading the manga or are up to date with it, here is the place to discuss. I'd still keep spoilers tagged to be safe, but at least it will be about the manga itself and covers more ground than the anime currently has.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
I CANT BELEIVE NO ONES RESPONDED TO THIS
LOVE THE MANGA
Caught up all the way. Chp 48.
The manga itself, while Many dont like the art I think it sorta adds to the tone of the manga. The recent chapter was pretty good, and next month, I KNOW **** is gonna go down. Like seriously. I hope no one dies TT__TT I am in fear of Connie or Jean being in danger, or even Reiner or Bert at this point.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I CANT BELEIVE NO ONES RESPONDED TO THIS
LOVE THE MANGA
Caught up all the way. Chp 48.
The manga itself, while Many dont like the art I think it sorta adds to the tone of the manga. The recent chapter was pretty good, and next month, I KNOW **** is gonna go down. Like seriously. I hope no one dies TT__TT I am in fear of Connie or Jean being in danger, or even Reiner or Bert at this point.

I will be so sad if Jean dies :0 but yeah, I know a battle of epic proportions is about to be brung! Lol

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Yes! Gah. Also i have a question;
Where do you think Sasha is?

One thing though, after reading the manga I am in love with Annie for some reason. I think reading the manga,re-watching the anime in tandem is a wonderful experience if you are fanatic enough.

Right now, what interests me enough is the ape titan. He holds some huge secret and for some strange reason knows human language, talks about weapons. I think he's the only titan who is intelligent and not a shifter.

Sasha.........she has got some good development in the recent chapters like her village raising horses etc. (I read a lot in two days. my memory is fuzzy as I read like a glutton eating food) I am wondering if she has something relevant to the plot. Almost everyone except she and Connie were given something related to the plot but these two were given some exposition recently. They seem to have things in common. The writer could be intending to make their stories similar or something.The subtle Sasha X Connie comes to mind.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Oh i SO support SashaxConnie x3
Yeah Sasha got some development with the backstory of her father and village and such. (Did you know the author was orginally going to kill her off during the whole breach saga? Im so glad that didnt happen xD)
For me right now Connie seems to be the least developed out of everyone. Thats what I love about this manga, we get a good crisp story for every
character, and even minors who we thought were'nt important like
Christa and Ymir, are now playing major roles in the story.
As for the Ape Titan, I am not
sure at ALL who it is or how
it got created. I originally made a theory that it was Erens dad because it looked sort of similar, but it has no knowledge of th human weapons. So you may be right about him not being a shifter.
Your so right about reading the manga then watching the new episodes, it reallu delivers a great feeling :3

Spenny

I don't think Jean will bite it just yet since he is apparently the authors favourite character. I worry more about Bert, Reiner and Ymir at this point though. I know they are supposed to be the villains in a sense but I can't help but relate to them. Especially in Ch 48. Also if the rumors are true, then we will in fact see a death in 49.

Janovy

Banned
Latest chapter was quite a .. handful, so to say.

Last edited:
Latest chapter was quite a .. handful, so to say.

I see what you did there. I hate the fact that Isayama makes only one chapter per month and he laves us on a cliffhanger.

Chingchar

OMG! How did I not know that this thread existed! X3
Can't believe he brought back that titan... It's probably gonna get killed pretty quickly lol.... Unless eren can't transform 'cause you know his hands are tied...
And as for Connie what about the titan that looks like his mother??? Does that mean that people are turning into titans or something? As for the ape titan I think that he is awesome X3

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I just caught up, and no no non onono no no nono.

This freaking series. I swear. Mamakiller!Titan is back and I'm so not ready for this.

Posted this in the anime thread, and it applies to to the manga as well:

I'd say the first eight episodes were well deserving of the hype. But after Eren's "death" and return, I think it repeated the same themes and scenarios too much. When Eren remembers Armin sharing his book about the outside world with him, right before rising up and saving Armin from a Titan's jaw, that gave me chills each time I re-watched it. When Eren's hand flew past Armin's face, when the soldier put the barrel of the gun in his mouth and fired, when the Titans were picking off townsfolk in Shiganshina, I actually felt physically nauseous. It was this roller coaster ride; two episodes of horror, then two episodes of shonen-y fist-pumping, then two episodes of brutal realism–how would a squadron of rookies really perform on their first sortie?–then a triumphant return of shonen-y fist pumping that lifts your spirits when you thought they couldn't be lifted.

And the rest of the season, that roller coaster kept going up and down, but after the shock of the first seven episodes, none of the later shocks affected me as much. It's going to be hard to recapture that magic. The first fight between Eren and Annie came close. But can I ever be tricked back into thinking there's no hope? Will I ever be tricked into thinking that one of the main characters might die well before the final chapters? It's like Game of Thrones. A series known for killing off major characters, even though if you're honest with yourself, there are a few characters who still have a main character's cloak of invulnerability.

For example, the last chapter's cliffhanger. I'm not worried about Eren and Mikasa at all. Even if Eren can't transform and Mikasa is too injured to fight, they aren't in any danger of dying plot-wise. I'm expecting Hannes to redeem himself and slay that Titan, most likely sacrificing himself in the process. But maybe I'll be surprised. Erwin losing his arm was the best recent surprise in that regard.

One chapter that reached the beginning's level of horror and uncertainty was the one where Sasha returned to her home village. I loved that one! The image of the woman looking from the Titan slowly eating her to the kid sitting across from her, her moaning, the kid staring, the kid knowing he's next, the woman knowing the kid's next and that there's nothing she can do to stop it... that was chilling. You're really rooting for Sasha, a small hope amidst the despair, and when one of her few arrows misses its target, that was tense. I was genuinely thankful she survived that.

Since Iyasama could bring back that level of tension in that chapter, I'm optimistic that he'll bring that atmosphere back to the entire story sometime in the future. Once the current Awesome vs. Awesome-fest comes to a conclusion. (Castle Utgard was also a great arc, mainly since the side characters finally got some spotlight.)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I HATE THIS MANGA SO MUCH.
I kind of had a feeling Hannes would die eventually. :( And the whole Eren/Miksa bit was so sweet, even though all of that crazy **** with mamaeater!Titan, who is now dubbed heyi'manassholeandieateverybodythaterencaresfor!titan. And what the heck with Eren and his power to control Titans.
This freaking manga man. I swear.

Spenny

I HATE THIS MANGA SO MUCH.
I kind of had a feeling Hannes would die eventually. :( And the whole Eren/Miksa bit was so sweet, even though all of that crazy **** with mamaeater!Titan, who is now dubbed heyi'manassholeandieateverybodythaterencaresfor!titan. And what the heck with Eren and his power to control Titans.
This freaking manga man. I swear.

Where did you read it?

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Where did you read it?

If you just look up SNK chapter 50 you'll find it.

Hm, how about a topic?
What was the most shocking moment for you?
I know this whole series is pretty darn shocking, lol.

Hm, how about a topic?
What was the most shocking moment for you?
I know this whole series is pretty darn shocking, lol.
Of all the things, the ability to control titans has got to be the most ridiculous revelation yet. If that's what happened, that is, but I'm pretty sure it is. With an ability like this, what does it say about the nature of a titan? We still know so little about them.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Heart was pounding the whole time this chapter!

Spenny

Of all the things, the ability to control titans has got to be the most ridiculous revelation yet. If that's what happened, that is, but I'm pretty sure it is. With an ability like this, what does it say about the nature of a titan? We still know so little about them.

There's no doubt that ability is going to backfire in some way in the future, imagine if Eren gets pissed at someone an accidentally summons a horde of them...

As for the most shocking reveal for me? The reveal of the Colossal Titan and Armored Titans identities, the way it is revealed offhandedly in the background of the main story makes it that much shocking.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
There's no doubt that ability is going to backfire in some way in the future, imagine if Eren gets pissed at someone an accidentally summons a horde of them...

As for the most shocking reveal for me? The reveal of the Colossal Titan and Armored Titans identities, the way it is revealed offhandedly in the background of the main story makes it that much shocking.

I know, when they brought it back up into the foreground, I looked back to make sure I didn't miss anything in the last few panels. I was taken completely off guard when that happened and I was also sad b/c I was just starting to really get to know the characters.

last few chapters made my admiration of commander erwin grow