• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Old Coot
Got into this series thanks to a trailer FUNimation posted. Checked out the first episode on Crunchyroll and holy mother of god, was this ever good. Proceeded on to the second and it did not disappoint. Went and looked at the manga and yeeeaggrh. The anime did it a favor, as the artwork looks absolutely gorgeous in the anime compared to the manga.

I really hate watching Commie's release of this show, gg y u episode 2 no work properly when converted to play on my Xbox?
Crunchyroll is streaming the series. The hell're you doing watching fansubs for?

Ughh, Eren is so annoying. What's up with male MC's in darker and edgier anime tend to have "Base breaking" personalities
Oh, I dunno. Maybe because he's been cooped up in a closed off area for all his life, watched several people either killed from debris or eaten alive (INCLUDING HIS MOTHER AFTER TRYING TO SAVE HER) and his father went missing? Certainly that sort of thing wouldn't drive a guy to the point of wanting to wipe all of those beasts from existence for revenge. Nope. Certainly not.

If you want, we could just stick to the usual type of male MC that's always breaking down into hysterics and shouting about how weak he is and how he doesn't want to fight. Or how about the always over-confident and happy-go-lucky type of MC?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Crunchyroll is streaming the series. The hell're you doing watching fansubs for?

Not in Australia.

Which happens to be one of the biggest reasons I download instead of using Crunchyroll, content being released based on region is a joke in this day and age. Well, I'll happily use Crunchyroll for any completed series that I can't find elsewhere, however I wont pay as long as I don't get access to the same shows as someone in the US or UK, so I'd be a week behind shows I watch if I used Crunchyroll for currently airing series, and I'd rather not be.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Read a bit of the manga, and recognized quite a few scenes from the OP, I'm hoping it just means they didn't want to go to far ahead with what was shown in the OP, because I really don't want them to change that awesome OP they got going. An awesome OP always adds something to a show.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
So after hearing good things about ep 2, I assume that this is something I seriously be watching?
Way too early to tell. For now, there are at least three non-sequel shows new to spring that I'm enjoying more that this.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
In the flashes of manga panels towards the end, they have one of Eren being eaten by the Titan.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/WIXu8BS.jpg[/img139]

Also, I can't wait for two characters to show up, one being Sasha, who I think is a pretty fun character in amongst all the death and destruction and what not, and the second is Erwin, because he is being voiced by Ono Daisuke.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
ALkjfdlksf. So a few days ago, I watched both episode 1 and 2.

I can tell the production values are off the charts. Oh god. And dat opening, dat opening.
(The lyrics are really fitting, but then again, the japanese tend to do that.)

Aside from that.

...err.

hmm...

I'm not sure what is it. Perhaps the over-exaggerated facial expressions? My lack of "dark" anime that I watch? But something was off. I was not able to connect with the characters, and I was much more detached then i usually am when i watch anime.
It's not like the show was bad, i just had trouble really feeling anything for them. The entirety of the emotional impact didn't really affect me. (Expect when the mother slowly said "Don't go..." after she told them to go. That made me squirm a bit.) Which is surprising, given my usually caring nature.

...That charging titan though. Seriously. I think there will be really epic fights in here, perhaps I'll watch it just for that. I want to see how they would beat the titans at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.