• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If you like Funimation's dubs you'll probably like it. Given all the attention the series has been getting I'd think they'd put a little extra effort into this dub.

Personally, I've seen clips of a bunch of "new" or I guess more recent series like Steins;Gate or Railgun get the dub treatment. After seeing the original... the voices aren't as good. That's usually the case when I hear the japanese track first, it ends up being my preference.
I do like their dubs but I adore the Japanese track so far. So much emotion, I adore it! For some reason my guts telling me that we'll get Todd Haberkorn as Eren, ColleenClinkenbeard as Mikasa, and Maxine Whitehead as Armin. I don't care as I'm most likely going to watch it with the Japanese audio when it comes out on blu-ray, I'm just making a prediction.

"Eh" indeed my fellow Canuck. Tried to look for episodes on Funimation's YouTube (I did end up finding a promo) and there were so many of the preview images for their other videos had boobs in them. Sex sells, I'm not complaining, I found it funny.

Last edited:

wingzx

Heart-under-blade

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Todd Haberkorn as Eren, ColleenClinkenbeard as Mikasa, and Maxine Whitehead as Armin.

Todd Haberkorn as Eren? Ugh. I think he's got too much shrill in his voice to pull off Eren. I haven't heard him do many low pitch roles but I think there would be someone out there better suited as Eren. Eren kind of sounds low and high at the same time, it's a tough fit. I can't think of any Funimation voice that matches.

Collen Clinkenbeard could do a good Mikasa, Maxey Whitehead is perfect for Armin. Hell, if they don't use her the dub is doomed to fail right there.

haha just 60% huh?

More or less.

Chris

Old Coot
(You could just stream from another website, ParaChomp, if quality isn't a big deal to you.)
Please don't go about telling people to look at unauthorized/illegal streams. :|

Personally, I've seen clips of a bunch of "new" or I guess more recent series like Steins;Gate or Railgun get the dub treatment. After seeing the original... the voices aren't as good. That's usually the case when I hear the japanese track first, it ends up being my preference.
Railgun, maybe. Steins;Gate had a good dub, however.

For some reason my guts telling me that we'll get Todd Haberkorn as Eren, ColleenClinkenbeard as Mikasa, and Maxine Whitehead as Armin.
Dear god, no. Let's not give Todd MORE work as protagonists. His voice just sounds so bland and uses the same voice for practically every character he voices.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Todd Haberkorn as Eren? Ugh. I think he's got too much shrill in his voice to pull off Eren. I haven't heard him do many low pitch roles but I think there would be someone out there better suited as Eren. Eren kind of sounds low and high at the same time, it's a tough fit.
Dear god, no. Let's not give Todd MORE work as protagonists. His voice just sounds so bland and uses the same voice for practically every character he voices.
Little white lies go a long way...it can be quite entertaining. I can't hear him either, I was just messing with you guys there.

Am I the only one who thinks their faces are truly horrifying?
You take that back, I grew up on that show!

The majority of the events in Episode 5 were so unrealistic.
Realism? REALISM? This is cartoon-land, we don't need no realism! If it's not our girls that aren't realistic, it's our physics.

AceFlonne, I love the derp of your signature.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
wat about the fact that he could move so fast from the rooftop into the titans mouth with just 1 leg

Once again, Eren is a mahou shoujo. He used the power of hope, friendship and love to move that fast.

EDIT:

[img139]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5427/titan.gif[/img139]

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
i'm wondering if people either didn't notice the train pun or if it was too obvious~

wat about the fact that he could move so fast from the rooftop into the titans mouth with just 1 leg

Right. That was very unclear.

Thank you, Those Titans are comedy relief to me with their girly movements and uguu~ faces

SnK is a fuggin' gold mine for unintentional comedy.

[img139]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5427/titan.gif[/img139]

I'd recognize that toast anywhere!

[img200]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/xHCxSOLDIER/k-on-yui-with-toast.jpg[/img200]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.