• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
The Mangaka must be so happy now

-Anime planned,has extremely high production values and it was executed amazingly
-Live Action movie planned
-Manga volumes are a top seller and the Anime might be one too.

And this is his first work (Hence the art) and he's very young too.

The anime being a top seller is a bit of an understatement if the predicted sales are anything to go by, and they're usually very close to the actual numbers.

AceFlonne

Mediator
It seems that the Volume 3 and 6 will contain a visual novel made by Nitro+

Disc 1:
1. Lost in the cruel world (Mikasa side story)
2. Choice with no regrets (story about Levi and Erwin's past)
Disc 2:
1. Choice with no regrets (story about Levi and Erwin's past, continuation, probably?)
2. (no title yet) (Eren and Levi story)
3. Wall Sina, Goodbye (Annie story)

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
The anime being a top seller is a bit of an understatement if the predicted sales are anything to go by, and they're usually very close to the actual numbers.

Nothing but Mikasa can be accredited for this series great success.

Her performance this week is described as flawlessness personified. Really she needs to be considered the MC.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Nothing but Mikasa can be accredited for this series great success.

Her performance this week is described as flawlessness personified. Really she needs to be considered the MC.

Are you talking about her voice actress or...?

Because she ****ed up pretty hard this week. She wasted all her gas, had to take what little Armin had remaining, and almost got herself killed. Mind you it's pretty understandable, considering what happened, but she's not flawless. That would make her like a Mary Sue.

A few moments from the manga were slightly different this episode to my disappointment. The guy who shot himself in the head wasn't nearly as joyous as he was in the manga so it wasn't as unintentionally funny. From a storytelling perspective that's for the better but hey, I wanted to laugh. Also Sasha didn't do a cute stutter while insulting the others.

and wtf was with deh music?

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Are you talking about her voice actress or...?

Because she ****ed up pretty hard this week. She wasted all her gas, had to take what little Armin had remaining, and almost got herself killed. Mind you, it's pretty understandable, considering what happened, but she's not flawless. That would make her like a Mary Sue.

Mikasa, the character, has me enamoured. That was a powerful moment when she wanted to die but her body wouldn't let her and reacted to preserve her life.

Armin volunteered his gas, let's be fair, he's more of a strategist.

Sasha > Mikasa.

Potato girl? Them be fighting words. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Sasha > Mikasa.

This.

Mikasa, the character, has me enamoured. That was a powerful moment when she wanted to die but her body wouldn't let her and reacted to preserve her life.

"That powerful moment where she was about to let herself die but then she let herself live" Isn't it just instinct?

Armin volunteered his gas, let's be fair, he's more of a strategist.

Yes he is. He's indispensable later on.

Potato girl? Them be fighting words. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

THE MEEEEMES JACK. DNA OF THE SOUL.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Episode 7 has been the one to finally get me into Attack on Titan. Seeing Mikasa's personality emerge has got me invested now - her instinctively fighting for survival was great to see. But what's with the titan-killing titan? It seems like it could be Eren reborn or something. I dunno, the timing seems convenient, and I doubt he's gone for good since if he was, the weird little scene in episode 2 with the key and the injection would have been completely pointless. There's got to be some way he can still be in the story. Of course, the methodology may not have revealed itself yet. Or I could be completely wrong.

I know pretty much everyone except me has read the manga, so you'll probably know whether I'm on the right track or not, but please don't tell me if you know.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
The only reason I want this show to have a dub is that Australian companies generally only release Blu-Ray for shows that are dual audio. The reason we're only getting a DVD release for Chihayafuru is because of the lack of a dub.

Could be worse. It could have been licensed by Aniplex and then the only chance at getting Blurays is by shelling out over $550.

Still not over it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Been there, done that.

Ridiculously priced Kara no Kyoukai BD box is ridiculously priced.

Having just watched the series this week I wouldn't pay that much. Maybe if movie 5 had a standalone release I might pay some extra for that but not something like $100. Even for Gurren Lagann I wouldn't pay over $550 as evident. Hell I CAN'T PAY THAT MUCH. MY CREDIT CARD LIMIT IS $500. AUGH. ANIPLEX.

Staying on topic, apparently there's a Shingeki video game rumored to being in the works as well? What would you guys wanna see, because a 3D Maneuver Gear simulator would be hype.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

Cerex

This series does a great job of reinforcing the fact that humans are fairly powerless against titans.
I don't think it does. I've been watching this series, because I've been hearing good things about it but the show just makes me angry at the actions of humans. I keep watching and reading the manga hoping that one day someone will come to their senses. There is nothing about killing the titans that suggests they would be that much of an issue for humans. Most of them aren't that smart or fast, and they all have a go to one hit kill spot, in a very specified area. What we do know is that part of the reason the titans are such an issue is because the people have been horrible at preparing for it.

For example today I watched episode six and they mentioned in the PSA that the steel used to kill the titans is produced in only one factory in the capital city. Like, why would you do that? For example during WWII FDR literally commissioned auto makers to build tanks and jets. Factories making the steel should be everywhere possible. If they are in need of supplies they should conscript everyone able to scout the land, in small groups to not attract too many titans, to collect. And if one in twenty are gifted at slaying titans, they should figure out what what it is and if it requires breed those people like crazy. Start conscription and training as early as possible. We know they've had 100 years where the titans never got inside the walls, they should have used those 100 years to prepare.

It's hard claiming that the plot is convincing when you juxtaposed to a series like Evangelion, where we see humanity actually dedicates all of its resources to fitting the angels. Where in Attack on Titan it comes across like actually fighting and winning the war against the titans is just a chore, that they don't even take that seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.