• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Elen vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Since the anime will be airing tomorrow and I read the manga, I thought it would be nice to set up a thread for this.

Last edited:

AceFlonne

Mediator
Saw the first episode, It was pretty faithful to the manga and the animation and the art is just amazing.

Love the OP and MIKASA :D

Last edited:

Izanagi

'Sup!
Finished Attack on Titan! I have to say that this a pretty darn good first episode. The animation was top notch just as the trailers promised. I haven't read the manga so I can't vouch for how accurate it is or not. Highly Recommended.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Finished Attack on Titan! I have to say that this a pretty darn good first episode. The animation was top notch just as the trailers promised. I haven't read the manga so I can't vouch for how accurate it is or not. Highly Recommended.

Like I said on my post, The first episode is very faithful/accurate to the manga so it's great

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Not bad at all. Some sweet visuals - I can already feel the world sucking me in. I do worry, though, that there isn't enough of a range of emotions here. Almost everyone seemed pretty highly strung before the wall was even breached (even though said wall had stood for 100 years), so when the titans broke in, the adrenaline could only be upped so much. Still, I have to wonder how they're going to survive this invasion. I assume they're going to flee, but where to? And how will they be able to avoid the titans outside the city? I guess I'll find out in the next episode!

rootsofjustice

So for those of you living in North America, looks like FUNimation has it. Glad to know a Toonami run in the near future is distinctly possible, the show looks like it deserves it if it can keep the visuals up.

Teared up thrice at the emotional **** that was being thrown out like candy. This show is great I can feel in in my balls.

(Update)

Just watched ep.2 only teared up once this time. I did however start laughing when I saw this and realized what it looked like. starve.jpg

Last edited:

AceFlonne

Mediator
Well, My only complaint in this episode is that they made older Mikasa too pretty. Where's that cold look of her like in the manga.

But the good thing is that the ED is focused on Mikasa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.