• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
11 Volumes have been published, there has mainly been 4 chapters per volume, 2 volumes have had 5 chapters. That leaves 9 volumes to be published, if we go 4 chapters each, that's another 36 chapters, so another 3 years for it to finish.

That's a pretty good assumption, granted I can't help but feel a little sad that it will end, but that won't be for a few more years. I can't wait to see what they do in those remaining nine volumes.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Attack on Titan manga to end in 20 Volumes.

Not chapters. Volumes. So years and years away.

Oh man, I don't know if I can handle this.
What'd you guys think of the new episode? Some people were mad because it strayed from the manga; which happens often. I thought it was beautiful, but I can understand why people were upset. Especially with what happened to Eren. (Vagueness is on purpose. ;) )

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Oh man, I don't know if I can handle this.
What'd you guys think of the new episode? Some people were mad because it strayed from the manga; which happens often. I thought it was beautiful, but I can understand why people were upset. Especially with what happened to Eren. (Vagueness is on purpose. ;) )

Really? In this episode, I was happy that it strayed from the manga. It gave a better motivation base for Eren's transformation, showed more of the female titan's destruction and intelligence, gave comedic reactions between Jean (who is now one of my favorite characters) and the royal guard, gave more screen time to Levi and Irvin (Irwin), showed Hanji being Hanji, and just had some great buildup and action sequences. I wasn't disappointed in the very least with them straying from the manga, b/c they worked it to where it became more interesting.

Can't wait to see the finale

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I loved how it strayed from the manga. Gave great scenes to Armin/Jean/Mikasa especially. Plus it like gave me a reason to watch it? If everything flowed like the manga I'd find it rather pointless to watch. ^^; So I was actually REALLY, REALLY happy with the changes. I feel it was a change for the better (which tbh I feel the anime is like a more "complete" version, putting in scenes that add more, making it flow better and taking out scenes that may not mean very much. Other words, making it a cleaner presentation because Iyasama still plays a huge part with the anime.)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Really? In this episode, I was happy that it strayed from the manga. It gave a better motivation base for Eren's transformation, showed more of the female titan's destruction and intelligence, gave comedic reactions between Jean (who is now one of my favorite characters) and the royal guard, gave more screen time to Levi and Irvin (Irwin), showed Hanji being Hanji, and just had some great buildup and action sequences. I wasn't disappointed in the very least with them straying from the manga, b/c they worked it to where it became more interesting.

Can't wait to see the finale

I really liked the representation in the anime, don't get me wrong. I just understand why people were upset, but I really liked how the female titan had more focus.
And plus, the episode was STUNNING.
I love Jean.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I really liked the representation in the anime, don't get me wrong. I just understand why people were upset, but I really liked how the female titan had more focus.
And plus, the episode was STUNNING.
I love Jean.

I can understand if they were upset, but I liked this version WAY more : D

And yes! The animation was really good in this episode along with the music (which I've listened to on the soundtrack WAY too much XD )

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I enjoyed the last episode, but I really felt sorry for Annie as she begun to get brutally torn apart and look more grotesque.
After managing to avoid reading the manga for the entire series, I'm finally going to have to cave in. There's no way I'm going to be able to wait years to see the resolution to that last cliffhanger (and perhaps I'll actually get to see what is in that god damn basement!).

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Very exciting intense first half of the final episode. Dull boring second half. Was waiting the entire time for that last second, they changed up the reveal from how the manga did it. (If I remember it was right after the fight)

it happens right after the fight, mikasa was on the wall and she notices it. i was looking forward to that the whole episode to haha. o well the most over hyped anime of the year so far is now over

(and perhaps I'll actually get to see what is in that god damn basement!).

Not even manga readers know buddy.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
(and perhaps I'll actually get to see what is in that god damn basement!).

hahahahahaha

no.

it happens right after the fight, mikasa was on the wall and she notices it.

Yeah, thought so.

o well the most over hyped anime of the year so far is now over

So ****ing overhyped. Decent series overall though, which is nice.

Xionea

Half a centaur
I really thought they were going to keep that last second a secret and hold it off, but they used it as a perfect cliffhanger for the anime watcher. SnK's popularity will obviously give it a second season, and it'll definitely be a fun watch, you know, whenever that will happen...

Also, the fight with Annie was intense, and the conclusion to the fight was well done. I had the chills just watching it. Sad to see Annie, my favorite character, end up like that...

It's tough letting this one go; it was certainly fun to watch and intense and exciting all around.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I really thought they were going to keep that last second a secret and hold it off, but they used it as a perfect cliffhanger for the anime watcher. SnK's popularity will obviously give it a second season, and it'll definitely be a fun watch, you know, whenever that will happen...

Also, the fight with Annie was intense, and the conclusion to the fight was well done. I had the chills just watching it. Sad to see Annie, my favorite character, end up like that...

It's tough letting this one go; it was certainly fun to watch and intense and exciting all around.

Yeah, I was watching for that Titan face the entire time, but I wish I could see every non manga reader's face when that happened XD LOL

I really enjoyed this series; this being the very first anime I've followed (not the first one I've watched) I can't wait for the next season, assuming there will be one. : )

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Episode 25 was suffering.

should not have read the manga should not have read the manga should not have read the mangashould not have read the mangashould not have read the mangashould not have read the mangashould not have read the mangashould not have read the manga

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Well, glad that was over. At least, unlike SAO, AoT had some merit behind it's hype and all

I'd say the first eight episodes were well deserving of the hype. But after Eren's "death" and return, I think it repeated the same themes and scenarios too much. When Eren remembers Armin sharing his book about the outside world with him, right before rising up and saving Armin from a Titan's jaw, that gave me chills each time I re-watched it. When Eren's hand flew past Armin's face, when the soldier put the barrel of the gun in his mouth and fired, when the Titans were picking off townsfolk in Shiganshina, I actually felt physically nauseous. It was this roller coaster ride; two episodes of horror, then two episodes of shonen-y fist-pumping, then two episodes of brutal realism–how would a squadron of rookies really perform on their first sortie?–then a triumphant return of shonen-y fist pumping that lifts your spirits when you thought they couldn't be lifted.

And the rest of the season, that roller coaster kept going up and down, but after the shock of the first seven episodes, none of the later shocks affected me as much. It's going to be hard to recapture that magic. The first fight between Eren and Annie came close. But can I ever be tricked back into thinking there's no hope? Will I ever be tricked into thinking that one of the main characters might die well before the final chapters? It's like Game of Thrones. A series known for killing off major characters, even though if you're honest with yourself, there are a few characters who still have a main character's cloak of invulnerability.

As for the finale, I enjoyed it and thought the reordering of events was appropriate. I like how it showed Nile Dawk, the head of the MP, in a relatively sympathetic light, rather than just hammer in the "MPs are sleazy and lazy" theme. He seemed honestly concerned about the townsfolk's well-being, and angry with Erwin for endangering them, rather than just cowardly. I don't remember that from the manga.

Last edited:

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Started watching this since I heard it ended. At episode 5, excited to see where it goes from here

Status
Not open for further replies.