• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shinies: When Bad Situations Go Worse

Has a shiny ever escaped your grasp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you a little story. I've never found a shiny except for an Unown on GOLD. All the shinies I've ever had have been acquired via trades. And I always wanted to catch one myself. Well you know what? I found my first shiny today! A shiny Baltoy on my Sapphire! I sent out Bacon (My Spoink) to fight it, and whittled down its health with low-power moves. I had about 30 Great Balls in my inventory at the time. I lobbed Ball after Ball after Ball and it still wasn't going. So I tossed out my last ball and guess what? IT DIDN'T GO. All I had now was a Single Poke Ball. But I didn't throw it. Know why? Because after I tossed that last Ball, guess what Baltoy did? IT USED SELFDESTRUCT. It robbed me of 30 Great Balls and all the happiness in my day. I finally found a shiny, and it killed itself. What the hell is that about!? I am never going to forgive myself until I find another shiny. So I come here for three things:

1) Rant about my crappy day
2) See if anything like this has happened to anyone else
3) Figure out a way to get another shiny

So if anyone has advice on how to make my hunting easier, tell me NOW.

/rant

Nidogod

There's a 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion Thread as well as a RSE Recent Happenings Thread that you might find suit this better.

Status
Not open for further replies.