1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shinies?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Cassafrass1999, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassafrass1999

Cassafrass1999 A new beginning! <3

Alright, I am fairly new to Pokémon, so I just have to ask: What exactly ARE shiny Pokémon? I keep hearing about them all over the internet on Pokemon sites (especially this one), and I don't really know much about them. Do they just look different than the original Pokémon they are supposed to be? Or do they have different stats from the original Pokémon as well? And how are you supposed to get them? Sorry for such a "newbie" question, but I would just like to know! Thanks! ;155;

2. Frost Mage

Frost Mage <3 Heavenly~

Shiny Pokemon are simply alternate colored Pokemon that, without using the Masuda Method, have a 1/8192 chance of appearing. Their only difference is in their colors, and their stats are the same of any other Pokemon of that species. You can encounter them through random encounters, saving in front of a stationary Pokemon such Cobalion and resetting your game (by pressing L+R+START+SELECT) until it is shiny. This method is known as soft-resetting, as you don't have to turn your DS system off and on to restart the game and reload your save. There are of course other ways of getting shiny Pokemon, too. For all of the details, I highly recommend you visit this page for more info. :)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon

3. Cassafrass1999

Cassafrass1999 A new beginning! <3

Thanks so much! That was exactly what I needed to know! :)

4. Frost Mage

Frost Mage <3 Heavenly~

You're very welcome!

5. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Answered, so closed. Try the questions thread sticky at the top of the section next time, please.

6. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.