• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

shiny breeding determination ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimalPalkia

when is an egg ''determined'' to be shiny ?
i'm breeding with the shiny charm and masuda method.
so i know it's like 1/512, but when is the egg determined to be shiny ?

i hear from some people it's determined when you receive the egg from the old man ( near mauville ) or the little kid ( battle resort )
but others say it is determined when the ''oh'' message pops up right before hatching.

and even though i already got 1 shiny ( but was missing the HP IV's needed ) and bred about 300 eggs.
i still need to know when ( and maybe even how ) it is determined.

i have a japanese ditto ( 6 IV's ) in the daycare, and a skarmory ( has my OT:ID )
( for if that helps )

sntcringe

In gens 6 & 7 shininess is determined when the egg hatches, each trainer and each egg has a 4 digit shiny value, and when the egg hatches, if the player's shiny value and the egg's shiny value match, the pokemon will hatch shiny, masuda breeding increases the odds of this happening. In gen 8 (and likely onward, the shininess is instead determined when the egg is created) The shiny values can be exploited to get quick and easy shinies by getting shiny values for your trainer and for your eggs and trading with people that have the appropriate values. If you want to learn more there's a subreddit devoted to this process called SVexchange

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
From the bulbs

Basically, it involves binary xors, which are a bit complicated to get into, and MM method is essentially a reroll of the multi-sided die in case the previous value didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.