• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Ditto Question!

b3an0b0y

OK What is the Ratio (percentage) of getting a Shiny ditto in Desert Underpass in Emerald?? Is it like 1 in a Million or 0.25% chance or something!

LPease give me the answer here!!!

nubinator

Banned
Lol yeah Everybody would have like 300 Shinies then :p

And good luck! you'll need it.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Remember, 1 in 8192 is the ratio for all shinys, no matter where, what or when...or who xP

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
1 in 8192 thats a lot *holds shiny bantte closs*

Charizard-Master

<- My newest hit!!!!
OO i hate that.. so little shiny... My only shiny was on the PC and it was a WURMPLE

Emeralda

plays with spoons
Ooh, another question regarding this - when a shiny Ditto transforms, will it turn into a shiny version of the pokémon it transformed into? Or a normal colour one?

nubinator

Banned
Not sure....

But remember all you noobies, Just cause its a 1 in 8192 chance doesn't mean that you just have battle 8192 pokemon and BAM!! it'll be a shiny. You could find a shiny 3 times in a row... 1 in 8192% of seeing a shiny is just the chances of finding one...

Shiny ditto transforms to the shiny version of the oponent. Lets say your fighting a regular magneton , Shiny ditto will have the shiny back sprite of magneton when it transforms.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Ooh, another question regarding this - when a shiny Ditto transforms, will it turn into a shiny version of the pokémon it transformed into? Or a normal colour one?

Shiny Ditto will transform into the shiny version of ANY pokemon.

A normal Ditto will Transform into the normal form of ANY pokemon including shinys. So if a normal Ditto encounters a shiny Zigzagoon it will transform into the normal oridinairy Zigzagoon.