• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bparker

I am using the Masuda method with a German charmander and a Japanese ditto. I have been through 918 eggs and still haven’t seen a shiny. I’m using the route 9 Pokémon daycare. I have
Accidentally have run into Pokémon. Trying to get the shiny before I finish the game. Need help, my wife is getting annoyed with how much I’m focused on getting this shiny.

BCVM22

There’s nothing anyone can do for you. Even with the Masuda method, you’re still rolling a single die with hundreds of sides, and only one of those sides is the outcome you want. The attempts don’t stack - your odds are the same on attempt no. 918 as they were on attempt no. 1. Your next attempt could be the one, you could theoretically never get one.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I am using the Masuda method with a German charmander and a Japanese ditto. I have been through 918 eggs and still haven’t seen a shiny. I’m using the route 9 Pokémon daycare. I have
Accidentally have run into Pokémon. Trying to get the shiny before I finish the game. Need help, my wife is getting annoyed with how much I’m focused on getting this shiny.
Try taking a break from the hunt. Accidentally running into Pokemon doesn't affect shiny egg hunting too.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I recently ran into the same issue. I was trying to Masuda Method a shiny Zigzagoon since the blue and red coloring would be awesome. I gave up after about 350 eggs and just traded on the GTS and then just used a mint and then hyper training to get stats in the right way.

Like those above have said just take a break for a bit then return to it if you choose. Otherwise hit the GTS and see if you can find what you’re looking for.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There’s nothing anyone can do for you. Even with the Masuda method, you’re still rolling a single die with hundreds of sides, and only one of those sides is the outcome you want. The attempts don’t stack - your odds are the same on attempt no. 918 as they were on attempt no. 1. Your next attempt could be the one, you could theoretically never get one.
Exactly. For example, it took me 4 years shiny hunting on and off in a X Version friend safari to find a shiny Ditto. In Crystal version it took over 200 hours to find a shiny Koffing and around as long to soft reset shiny hunt for a shiny Totodile in Gold version. On the other hand I ran into a shiny Gengar in Shield version in only 3 overworld encounters and hatched a shiny Squirtle in the same game from the first egg. It comes down to luck, chance and RNG. Sometimes you have bad luck and it takes longer and sometimes you have good luck and it doesn't take nearly as long.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

No one can help you on that matter except you have to keep trying for that 1/683 chance considering you don't have the Shiny Charm yet. Breeding a shiny may take just a couple of minutes, hours or even days and months.

If you'd like to get one immediately however, you may check the streamers' Twitch for shiny dens and catch one before all that hassle leads into an inevitable argument with your partner.