• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Face-Off V.2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
Cloud Strife said:
CHARIZARD IS BY FAR THE BEST LOOKING SHINY. WTF is wrong with all you people, if something looks good Charizard, Latias, ect you vote against it to show in some strange way that, "heh, I am not a conformist", no ALWAYS going against the clear best makes you closer to an anarchist. When this face-off started, we voted for the best looking (hence why Charizard won a color phase. But that was before our site was taken over by the slash shippers, now that they are here, no one votes for the best of ANYTHING anymore, it is now "See, I have my own opinions, I vote for Wurmple even though I KNOW "insert name here" looks better, because than it will look like I disagree with the mainstream on everything. I bet you if I redidi the Legendary Face-off right now, Mew and Articuno, the 2 finalist would be eliminated the first round, and that some crap like Regirock would probably win the whole with some of you morons voting.
And I bet you feel like a saint for your opinions even after you batantly flamed here, don't you?
WTF is wrong with YOU? Just because YOU *think* Charizard is the best looking shiny it doesn't mean everyone will have to agree. I think Charizard is a horrible shiny, thus I didn't vote for it. Also, me, Orion, ~*CB*~ and others don't hate Charizard to disagree and look cool. WE HATE IT BECAUSE IT IS A DAMN F*CK ON BATTLE AND STUBBORN N00BS *STILL* THINK IT IS SOME KIND OF DAMN GOD! They don't have any arguments, but never admit they are wrong, either. You fail :)

And WTF do slash shippers have to do with this? I am sorry, but I AM A SLASH SHIPPER. Just because I follow shipping avidly and like yaoi and yuri, does it automatically mean I am a prick? P_B and the others are only like this because people like you p*ss them off. BADLY. They don't want you to share the EXACT same opinions as them, therefore you fail. Again. :)
And thanks for calling me a moron! Having someone like YOU judge me before knowing me was primary lol material! :D

Sorry for saying this K.C (especially in the final round), but... >_>
Just to say, I enjoyed this face-off and I sure hope I had joined it earlier. I am going to miss it... :(

I vote Meganium. Corsola shouldn't win, IMO. (too bland)

Last edited:

lilbluecorsola

Binky-boo! <3
*counts 'em up* *lets out a whistle*

This is one fine final Face-Off, KC. (^.^) Meganium's leading by only one vote so far! It's a close one!

Now let's see if we can change that, shall we?

As you all know, shiny Corsola is my favorite Pokémon of all time. Why? It was the very first Shiny to ever catch my attention. Seriously, I love her shade of blue. It's not dark enough to be called ugly, nor is it too light so it won't stand out anymore. It's a pretty, striking hue that I believe makes her one of the most attractive shiny forms out there. The combination of white on the bottom doesn't clash with it and creates a cool, sort of icy color scheme that's pleasing to the eye.

Now, I just have to say, I don't see what is quite so appealing about Meganium's shiny form. I find her shade of yellow to be rather ugly and dingy, and the color orange does not do much to improve the effect. As a Pokémon, I like her very much, and her original form is quite pretty, but we're basing our decisions on the look of Pokémon's shiny forms, so even if it wasn't Corsola up against her, I wouldn't vote for her. (Unless, of course, the opponent was even uglier than she.)

That said, my vote shall go to Corsola. (You probably all saw that coming, but hey, it's the last round. I felt as if I should say something that sounds important. =P)

Everyone, I don't expect you all to agree with what I say. Rather, I think you should all vote for who you feel is most deserving, as I have. Do whatever you think is right.

Finally, good luck to both contestants, and soon we shall see who people think is the top Shiny! 8D Isn't it exciting? *waits eagerly in her seat*

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I voted Corsola before, I will do it again. I don´t think Meganium as gold. It looks more like a dried, dead leaf. I have never liked its shiny, I don´t like autum too much, and Meganium is far better looking as it is.

Corsola, however, changed from pink to blue, which is good. Now that and I think of it, many pink Pokémons change into blue ones. Mew, Ditto (*Burns*), Corsola... Erm, is there anymore pink Pokémons? Chansey. Its not blue... Oh whatever, I´m losing the point in here... What I mean is, that I like the blue color. it changes a lot from its original form, and in a good way. The blue looks calm, but still bright enough to be noticed. Sigh... I just hope I would have Shiny Mew... But this is a Corsola VS Meganium, so I vote for Corsola. Go for it, little one! You beat that ugly, pink Sneasel! You can beat a dried leaf too!

Tropius Master, you need to be Modded. NAO :D

Cloud Strife, you really love throwing monkey-wrenchs about, don't you? First off, I voted against Charizard only once, and that was when TRA was still a nuisance(he's an idiot, still, but not as much). Charizard's only good point is its brilliant Shiny Form. But, it's not the end-all of Shinies like everyone makes it out to be, which is partly why I voted against it. Had it made it this far, Corsola wouldn't win:(.

Secondly, I support no Shipping whatsoever. I haven't ever, and I don't intend to. I don't even know WTF slashshipping is.

The only time I disagree with the mainstream is if the underdog is totally ignored or if I have a good reason to do so. I disagree with mainstream about Charizard because it's a pitiful battler and more generic than a round white ghost. I disagree with you all on Latias because I find it to be a horrendous Shiyn and have thought so ever since I joined. I would find a decaptitated, bloodsoaked, acid-coated Latias more appealing than that eye-burning excuse for an alternately colored Pokémon. I loathe Suicune's Shiny Form because it gives the impression that the designers took a perfectly fine color scheme, handed it to a two year old, gave him a number of bizarre and random crayons, blindfolded him, amputated his fingers, removed his brain, and had him recolor that Sprite. It just so happens that my opinions contradict the mainstream. If the maistream suddenly loathed Shiny Latias as intensely as I do, I'd still keep my opinion, because no amount of homogenization will ever change my opinion about the sorrowful example of a Shining Legendary.
And yes, I would eliminate Articuno, because it's a pathetic battler, and an overrated pigeon besides. Mew is a good battler, but I harbor no affection for it, therefore, I would vote against it. However, I have been a fan of Regirock since the day I saw it. My recent absorption into the Competitive Battling world has only strengthened my opinion about it. Not to mention, having written a Fic on it, I'm a lot more fond of it now than ever. I also find myself defending it against the countless n00bs who call it plain and ugly. Out of devotion, I'd do my best to make it win. On the flipside, Registeel is arguably the worst Legendary out there, but it's one of my favorites, so I'd do the best I could to make it win. I know my statistics, but I rarely let them influence my opinion on a Pokémon unless I can find no other aspects of it extraordinary.
So, in conclusin, you should just stop posting those LOLable rants and do some research on the people you dislike before making sad attempts at flaming them(over the Internet, nonetheless:eek:). You're only making enemies for no reason, y'know D*=

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

S

Shadowcat

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Hey Guys! Well, I know some of you will not be happy with the results, but I gave this round quite a few days so it would be fair. [errr...that's why I haven't updated...*shifts eyes* o_O]
Final Score is...

[size=+1]17 - 9 for Corsola![/size]​

Ha! Looks like Kinopio's attempts were futile >:D! <-- smiley he loves.
Hmmm. This is odd. It seems that more people hated Corsola and wanted Sneasel to win than the other way around...yet Corsola *still* won. I guess Corsola fans are just tamer ^.^o

So, today I went to the movies and saw Corpse Bride! I've been wanting to see it for quite a while as The Nightmare Before Christmas was my all-time favourite movie as a Child. And this, dealing with dead people and having stop-motion animation just felt so much like it [not to mention it's by Tim Burton].
It was one of those movies where the plot turns out much different than you expected, but it's still great. It was a wonderful movie with unique people designs, awesome songs, great plot and a little bit of comedy with a happy ending. However, apparently it's based on an old Russian Folktale where a groom marries a dead person or something...
Either way, if you liked the Nightmare Before Christmas, you'll love this. And even if you didn't, you still may like it. It does have some adult humor in it too.
Favourite Quote: When Victor is practicing his vows in the woods and trying to say, "I take this ring" he says "I cup your...oh wait!" while putting his hands on his chest. Hi-Larious.
Oh and for the record, the Corpse Bride [Emily] is hott. Like, smexy dead person hott =D

Well my Voters, this is the end. The Last Round of this entire Face-Off...I'm not going to continue this and start a new one, etc. Like a lot of finished Face-Offs seem to be doing now. There will be a Crowned Shiny, and then it will be done. So please, make the best of the...

[size=+3]The True Ultimate Awesome Fantabulous Final Battle...[/size]

* Meganium [imgs=64]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/shinyem/154.png[/imgs] [size=+1]VS.[/size] Corsola [imgs=42]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/shinyem/222.png[/imgs] *​

Okay Voters! In this corner, weighing a girthy 221.6 lbs and standing 5' 11'' tall, the Golden Autumn Annihilator, MEGANIUM! And in this corner, weighing a petty 11 lbs and standing 2' short, the Blue Coral Crusher, CORSOLA! *shot*
I'm actually extremely pleased with the turnout. I believe both Candidates very much deserve to be here and wish good luck to them both!
I'll vote for Corsola. I've always loved Shiny Corsola, [infact, at one point I was hunting for one] and that's why I'm voting for it today. It has a subtle beauty to it that I just adore. Meganium is also a deserving winner for this Face-Off, as she is quite gorgeous, but there's something about blue and white all wrapped up into that cute package that makes Shiny Corsola irresistible.

Who will be Crowned the Ultimate Shiny? Who has what it takes to be named the Most Popular Shiny Ever? Cast your Vote and Find out!​

Lucky you for Corpse Bride! I'm dying to see it in Singapore.

Anyways:

Corsola!

C-O-R-S-O-L-A

It looks cool, eben though I love both Pokemon. But i love Corsola better.

G

Goin' Graveler

Wow... it's the end... *salutes the thread*

I vote for Meganium. It's golden-y beautiful, and deserves to beat Corsola in something other than type.

E

Electrode Destroyer

I like Corsola more.
Mainly because it's a good shiny color, but also because Meganium anhialated my team over and over and over and over and over and over in my Crystal version. I am now the proud owner of a graffitied Meganium on one of my posters.

C

Charizard Master#575

I am going to vot for Corsola. The blue is not to bright and not to dark. I do not like Meganiums shiny.

S

Selena's Quest

Well, I suppose this is it... the end of the Shiny Face Off... hey, it's been going on for about 224 pages... maybe we can make it 225 for the nice ending with -5 or -0 page. ^^;

Anyways, these two are really great, both, but I must vote for my loyal bluehead, CORSOLA!!!!!!!

Lightish blue and white, my absolute favorite combo of colors, nothing can beat that. Although right now, people have been changing their minds around and voting for Meganium. I can only hope that it shall decline and the true winner will arise. [/sappytext]

Well, this is it. I'll be checking back. Ta.

EDIT: By the way, Corpse Bride is the most Tim Burton - ish movie ever. Props to him and everyone who's watched it.

Last edited by a moderator:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
[SIZE=+2]HELLO VOTERS!!! IT HAS BEEN 3 DAYS AND THE VOTES HAVE BEEN TALLIED!!! I'M PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT THE RACE WAS A CLOSE ONE, A VERY CLOSE ONE [TWO VOTE DIFFERENCE]. HOWEVER, ONLY ONE IS STILL STANDING, ONLY ONE WILL BE CROWNED THE ULTIMATE SHINY!

AND THE WINNER OF THE SHINY FACE-OFF WITH VOTES 17 - 15 IS...

[/SIZE]

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
[SIZE=+2]

[SIZE=+200]CORSOLA!!![/SIZE]

[IMGS=240]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6526/corsolawin1jo.png[/IMGS][/size]

Now, on a Personal Note, I'd like to thank ALL the Voters who have EVER voted in my Face-Off. But an even BIGGER thanks to my Regular Voters:

Pokemaníaco Desesperado, cartwright, Cain, Phizzle, Sike Saner, Tropius Master, lilbluecorsola, ~*Commander Blizzard*~, Goin' Graveler, Selena's Quest, Shadow Suicune, Wyvern, Poochyena, Catgirl Sarisa, Cool Pokétrainer, medea, xXSapphireXx, MysticFlames, Orion Master, Aerial Ace, VenomX, Cloud Strife, Butter Knyfe, Christian, Flare, Trifecta, Blood Vampire, Dark Fire, GardevoirMaster, Mudkip3, and Arc_Angel.
[In no particular order. You're all awesome!]

But most of all, I would like to thank Kinopio, not only for being with the Face-Off since the very first page [go check for yourself!] but for also being a truly Great Friend/Twin [Hah! That was long ago...]. The Shiny and Attack Face-Off have always felt like...brother Face-Offs to me.

Please note that I will still be around the Face-Off Forum. I will still be voting in the Face-Offs I usually vote in, but I just won't have one of my own and don't plan to ever again...until D/P Shinies come out that is...;D

It's been Fun.
Thankyou all.

Guraena

Ah, this was fun. It's so sad to see this thread end. xD Ah, the moments we had. *flashbacks of random people voting* ... *crickets* So Corsola won, eh? Wasn't really expecting that. It's sorta nice though. Blue coral. o_O

Congrats! *confetti*

EDIT - I forgot to put this in my post, but thanks for thanking me K.C! ^_^ Gah, everytime I say K.C it makes me think of KFC.

Last edited:

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Ah, it has been quite the great face-off, hasn't it? It's been great visiting, voting, arguing (^_^) and generally enjoying it. It is wat first brough Darkest.Sneasel to my attention and I am very glad to say I've enjoyed his excellent friendship throughout this face-off when it first started until he became the very smexy Kawaiiest.Combusken and from then on. Funny thing is, I've only been halfheartedly awaiting the release of DP. I'm mostly interested in seeing the new Pokemon to be released and will very likely order one of the games on the first day of release in Japan and the second one on the first day of release in Australia. Still, I've not been looking forward to the release as much as I am looking forward to games such as DDR Mario Mix or SSB Revolution.

Now, I very much want them to get here so this excellent face-off can be born again!

R.I.P.
SHINY FACE-OFF
*~You will be sorely missed by all.~*

Congratulations again on a very awesome face-off mate.

G

Goin' Graveler

Aww, that was a great face-off! *pets the tombstone*

When the first round of the final category started, I had a nagging suspicion Corsola would win, but I ignored it. Pfft.

Amaisan Axis

Jade Star Trainer
Awesome! I got thanked!

Corsola actually is a great winner to have, and even though I still like shiny Sneasel better, shiny Corsola will always be remembered as the best shiny ever. [/sappycongratulations]

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
So... I guess that is it.
Corsola isn't a bad shiny either, and it was worthy.
I REALLY wish I would have joined this earlier, and thanks for adding me there even if I only began to vote recently. ^_^
I will miss voting here, and this Face-Off is about the only reason I am looking forward to D/P now.

;_; sniff...

Status
Not open for further replies.