• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Hunters Hall Of Bad Luck

MonopolyMoneyBag

*Starts crying and he comes to this thread*

I just reseted for a Shiny Groudon... Had one found.... I found out I had no Pokeball's left.... *Tries to not swear in long sentences*

I am so sad :(

OtterPops

Mareep!
Over my seven years playing Pokemon (four not counting RBY), I have only found 5 shinies:

Pidgeotto - Gold
Bellsprout - Gold
Gyarados - Gold
Donphan -Gold
Pidgey - Fire Red

Donphan and Pidgey were not caught. :( I have also been looking for a shiny Mareep for about a year (off and on), but I have yet to find one.

-;179;

Ho-oh Master

I lost a Shiny Geodude in my Pearl a few weeks ago. Over 2,000 resets for a Shiny Mewtwo but gave up.

fuzzball288

I <3 Skuntank
I failed to catch a shiny Roselia (no balls) and Sunkern (Safari Zone). I'm also SRing for a shiny Mewtwo. It's been a while, though I'm not counting. I've been trying since October, but I goi months without trying.

My only shiny is the Linoone you get for free with a Liechi berry (and the red Gyarados). That's counting LeafGreen, Sapphire, Emerald, Gold, and Crystal. And I got Gold in 2001, maybe? Whenever it came out anyway.

Wait... it was actually 500 hours without any shinies.

Although compared to some of these stories, that's nothing. Losing a shiny legendary must be REALLY painful.

Supergodzilla1

Elementary my dear.
I had...No balls when I saw the legendary spectacular Shiny Poochyena since it was that early in the game. =DDD

...It sucked so bad. ;-;'

Zoshi

Unique
I've been looking for Regice for 3 weeks.. and have done 17,254 resets. I'm currently taking a break, but I will come back to it later. :(

Reco-Red

For me, I'm lucky in some games, and the complete opposite in the other.

For example, in my main game, Ruby, I found a Shiny Pelipper. But later, I restarted my game (my sister did too) so we could get a female starter, breed, and be able to get all the Pokemon. I had no idea that they would've made a Kanto remake with Ditto, and I forgot to trade my Shiny over. So now, I haven't seen a Shiny in my Ruby for about 4 years and about 700 hours of play...

And very ironically, I found two shinies within the same day in my Sapphire version... I just don't get it...

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
I had...No balls when I saw the legendary spectacular Shiny Poochyena since it was that early in the game. =DDD

...It sucked so bad. ;-;'

Same thing with me but with a Rattata. I swear that Rattata wanted to torment me. I swear. >.>

Sami

GTS obsessed!
I've had some bad luck with shinies... Also with the Pokerus.
On Sapphire I once found a Shiny Zigzagoon. I leveled it up enough to evolve into Linoone, then into the box it went. Later I wanted to restart my game so I could get one of the starters (can't remember if it was Treecko or Torchic) to send over to my Emerald version, so I restarted the game without thinking of transferring over my poor Linoone.

Later, my Mudkip caught the Pokerus, and was immediately transferred over to Emerald. I spent about a year spreading the virus around to all my Pokemon, then without thinking about sending one infected Pokemon over to Sapphire, I restarted Emerald and lost it again.

Next, I saw a Shiny Poochyena. Caught it. AGAIN I started over without thinking about transferring it. (I start over a lot, ok? XD The only problem with it is that I tend to have a bad memory and forget my Shinies until it's too late.)

At the moment I have a Shiny Goldeen, but Goldeen's shiny form sucks since you can hardly tell a difference. It's in reserve for trading for another Shiny when I get Diamond.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Wow i like this thread makes me feel good even if i don't have any shiny's.

Any way a year on shiny rayquaza but i've stopped now.

Edit:
i've been playing pokemon since i was 7 and still have not gotten a shiny (exept for shiny gyrados in gold an silver)

Last edited:

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I saw a shiny Drowzee in Crystal version. Since I hadn't seen a shiny before I ran from it. Thought it was a glitch. Then I was shown by a friend of mine later a book and it mentioned about shinies. Then I realised that I missed my chance that day I ran.:(

On sapphire shiny girafarig in safari zone got away. on FR a shiny rhyhorn got away.

ShinyMagikarp93

I don't know if this counts but, in my Gold version when I was about 8, I've encountered a shiny Geodude and a shiny Krabby and beat them just like any other Pokémon. I didn't really understand that they were special back then and I haven't encountered one since.

Jeremiah10

Shiny Co-Ordinator
shiny

I found a shiny ryhorn on fire red but it ran after I threw bait.
Looking for
Shiny Aron
Shiny Trapinch
Shiny Zubat
Shiny Ditto
Lost
Shiny Wobbaffect
Shiny psyduck
Found a shiny himonchan in the battle dome, I was so mad

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
I didn't count the amount of resets, but I was literally resetting for about 6 or 7 hours to get my shiny Charmander. Luckily I managed to get it today and I was so pleased. I'm not going to use it so when I finish Leaf Green I can trade it to Emerald and then transfer it to Diamond when I get it and trade it.

I had once traded my shiney Butterfree and Sableye to one game, then forgot to trade them over to the other game when I started a new one, so that's why I'm especially happy that I've got another shiney now.

Super_Trainer

I ran into a shiny Wingul once.... and i didnt notice it was shiny and ran away by accident. But I found one later on.