• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Hunters Hall Of Bad Luck

Arena Tycoon Slaking

This is a thread where you can post your worst times ever trying to soft reset for a shiny or a good natured pokemon. You can post how many hatched pokemon its taken, most shinies that have gotten away from you, longest amount of times or the most soft resets.

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Um contact Alzi about his Rayquaza. I think he went for it for over a year and still hasn't got it.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Howabout spending the entire length of the extended edition of the fellowship of the ring and half of the extended edition of the two towers trying to catch a damned Corphish with a Quirky nature (its currently still in progress).

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
um... how about two boxes of zigagoons (don't ask, it's a stupid thing) and two boxes of zubats... only to find them both wild after I gave up...

what about a catagory for most shinys that got away?

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Roughly 5 1/2 hours...straight. Keep in mind the amount of magikarp and goldeen I'd have to get by...who wants to start a crusade against Magikarps and goldeens?

Last edited:

MonopolyMoneyBag

I soft reseted 3,967 times for a shiny Rayquaza. Yes I counted up to that much.

Still haven't gotten it.

~~~~~~
97 eggs for a shiny Torchic.

Still haven't gotten it.

~~~~~~
15 hunting for a shiny

Still haven't got one

~~~~~~

I'll post some more later.

R_N

You should add 'How many times you killed a shiny be accident'. because Pochama probably whens the most in both that & the run away category.

As for me, I've been going on...four-five years loooking for a shiny Zubat after the one got away in silver(I had to kill it, it was severly low in level & wouldn't stay in the ball). Haven't seen a shiny sence eitehr.

pikablu486

Deal with it!!!
Well, I have spent like 6 months looking for a shiny magicarp and still haven't found one :eek: Oh well, I have a shiny tentacruel and crobat.

wiz4

is back.
Tauros got away in G/S/C and Geodude used selfdestruct in LG

The Mighty Wurmple

I've had 3 shinies escape from me/killed by me.

1) Gloom in the Safari Zone.
2) Noctowl, with a Critical Hit Quick Attack in Crystal.
3) Luvdisc, while thieving for Heart Scales.

Raikou77

^It can take 1 egg or 10,000 eggs. It all depends on your luck

Well... I do have over 300 hours on my emerald game without seeing a single shiny...

>_>

After I accidently deleted the previous game with a shiny ditto...

<_<

Manene

The Ultimate Absol~
Once, a shiny Poochyena got away from me. Well, actually, I made it faint on accident. Stupid critical hit...