1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

[SHINY HUNTING] New technique and theory, 30 min on average

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by diorion08, Dec 5, 2018.

1. diorion08

diorion08 New Member

The technique requires you to do the following::

1)
    Reach a Catch Combo of at least 11 (Attention the rate will not be 1/273 before a combo of 31).

2)
    Wait until the maximum number of Pokemon that can appear for that area is reached (this varies based on the zone; often 3/4/5 at a time depending on the combo number (11/21/31).

3)
    Encounter any rare Pokemon for the route and flee from it to make it despawn (e.g. Chansey, Squirtle, etc).

It makes him(it) disappear 4/5 seconds sometimes more, if it is not the case (if he respawns immediatly) restart that. You didn't do well the manipulation.

4)
    Avoid other Pokemon one by one if the spawn number for the area is above 5, i.e. let them despawn by themselves otherwise flee them all (if you did not finish your chain, capture the pokemon you are chaining and avoid all other Pokemon).

5)
    Wait for the respawn of of the Pokemon - the shiny may appear only after this.

6)
    If no shiny appears, do it again.

I realize this technique in these videos:

Double shiny : Venonat and Pidgey

Double shiny : Voltorb and Magneton

Double shiny : Porygon after Jigglypuff

Double shiny: Gastly and Haunter

30 minutes for 1 Shiny on average

If some people can test the technique and tell me their results to know if the technique is viable or not even if I believe in it strongly.

HYPOTHETICALLY: Chansey is everywhere in Pokemon let's go. Why ? Maybe it is an indication for shiny because chansey = lucky in Jap

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Devars likes this.
  2. Devars

Devars Active Member

3. Devars

Devars Active Member

Holly **** it worked! Thanks a lot good man, another shiny to my collection (Hitmonchan)

diorion08 likes this.
  4. nemesit

nemesit New Member

I don’t know why but it does indeed work, just got my shiny ghastly after roughly half an hour (with a 31 ghastly chain). Thanks a lot!

diorion08 and Devars like this.