• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny hunting snom

Daniel Hill

Hi, so I'm currently just over 2400 random encounters for shiny snom, I will continue but i feel like I'm starting to lose heart, does anyone else have any long chains for shinies that might make me feel a bit more hopeful?

Also does anyone know if the shiny odds after 500 battles have been fixed or changed? Or is it still 3% chance of max odds?

supercell1

At random rates many times, friends have a way
Anyway, I don't have any luck at random.
Never get good items with other people at all.
Real life, I'm only enough. Still have to meet.
The bad luck in the game?
What a shame.

te0001lm

It can take minutes for some, but months for others. I personally struggled with tangela and farfetch'd in LGPE, took days for the former and slightly under a month for the latter (one even fled), and bear in mind that the shiny encounter rates there are much improved. But do not give up and you will eventually catch it. Hang in there mates! :)