• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny hunting

How do you shiny hunt

• Total voters

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Do you like to shiny hunt and if you do which do you prefer cathing or breeding. If you do like catching what are some good places that you think are great for shiny hunting in galar

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I do. Mainly via Masuda method. Either via an English Ditto and Foreign language Pokemon or a Foreign language Ditto and a English Pokemon. Sometimes I hunt via knockout method, meaning defeating Pokemon one after another.

There's no particular place that I do hunting in.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I've never been one to intentionally shiny hunt. I used to offer breeding services in trade on here several years ago though. These days its the joy of either a random in game encounter or the absolutely random moment of receiving one through wonder trade on pokemon home.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Rarely, but I do. Mostly catching from Dynamax. For something specific, breeding. Like right now, I've been Shiny breeding for a female Eevee.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If there’s a shiny form that looks cool enough I’ll try. Got myself a shiny Litten lay generation doing the Masuda method.

But overall I avoid it. Yes, it’s cool that the Pokémon is shiny but there’s other things I prefer to do in Pokémon than sit there for hours hatching eggs or SR’ing for a legendary to become shiny.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The worst part about Shiny breeding is the excess amount of pokemon you get as a result. I usually just mass release them on Home, but I can never come to releasing the perfect ones. And I can't ever find anyone who wants them, even through giving them away. :/

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The worst part about Shiny breeding is the excess amount of pokemon you get as a result. I usually just mass release them on Home, but I can never come to releasing the perfect ones. And I can't ever find anyone who wants them, even through giving them away. :/

LOL, i know what you mean, if it has atleast 3-4 prefect Ivs then its hard to release. i had to give it an IV cut off point to cut down the number and WT them if its gen6-7, gen 8 get released as i dont have a mobile device to access WT though and perfect IVs dont get released.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm not really a shiny hunter, no. Not counting events, the majority of Shiny Pokemon I've got were by either by complete accident or I just randomly found it. I've only ever Shiny hunted for one Pokemon fairly recently (and I almost regretted it), but I wouldn't really got out my way to do it again unless I really felt like it.

That said, a shiny is a shiny and I will take it with any opportunity should I find one.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I don't really Shiny hunt, most of the Shinies I own were bumped into completely out of nowhere when I wasn't expecting it, and in my opinion those are the best kind of Shiny encounters, they just feel more special that way. Whenever I've actively gone looking for a guaranteed Shiny in a Wild Area Max Raid event, I've never been able to find one.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I'm not really a shiny hunter, no. Not counting events, the majority of Shiny Pokemon I've got were by either by complete accident or I just randomly found it. I've only ever Shiny hunted for one Pokemon fairly recently (and I almost regretted it), but I wouldn't really got out my way to do it again unless I really felt like it.

That said, a shiny is a shiny and I will take it with any opportunity should I find one.
Ive tried shiny hunting and have never had any luck with it. I bred a shiny rowlet once which ironically happened after i gave up on breeding a shiny scorbunny.

TyranatarGojira

I have terrible luck with it. Unless it's something like the enhanced chances in the Ultra Wormhole or Max Raid Adventures.

Heck not doing too well with the current Raid Cramorant, as I haven't seen a shiny for that yet. Oddly enough I did get lucky on a one star Clobberpuss raid I joined, and got a shiny there. The five star Shiny Scizor got away though, but I already have one I got in a wonder trade.