1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny Magikarp?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by oske, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Okay, so I was thinking could, the Magikarp that you buy for 500$ could it be shiny?

2. Ryze

Ryze ----

Yes it can, it still has the same odds as any other Pokemon to be shiny though.

3. MekeHeke

MekeHeke Well-Known Member

You can easily tell yourself by just saving, buy it and check it's stats, reset, buy it again and check it's stats. If the stats are different it is a different Pokemon and therefore could be shiny.

4. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

MekeHeke, stats no longer play a role in whether or not a pokemon is shiny. That was only the G/S/C days.

5. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, red Gyarados here I come!

6. MekeHeke

MekeHeke Well-Known Member

I know that, I was saying that if it's stats are different the second time then it is obviously a different Pokemon and therefore could be shiny. I don't know how you got anything else from that actually.

7. golduck#1

golduck#1 Well-Known Member

yeap u can. great isn't it

8. EnteiFirecracker

EnteiFirecracker Destiny Calls

It's like the Pokemon you get from the Game Corner. The odds are the same as finding a random Pokemon in Tall Grass.

9. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

you can ask the big shiny hunters to get evidence. they have gotten lots of shiny pokemon from resetting. it is fully possible.

10. the killer

the killer groudon forever ^^

how to get the shiny magikarp then?
    i buyd it but it is no shiny...

11. Angeling

Angeling true love

It's the same way, the killer. The same chances as any other Pokémon in the wild.

Answered, so closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.