1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny odds better than 1/215 or coincidence?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Jesness, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Jesness

Jesness Member

Recently I've been playing a lot of Let's go, and I've had a weird occurrence that's happened to me four times and has me questioning the shiny rate.

Let's Go is two years old now, so everyone and their mama knows that you get the best shiny odds with a catch combo of 31+ in conjunction with a lure and the shiny charm. However, on four separate occasions, I've stumbled into shinnies with a catch combo between 6-12, each of the four times I was combo-ing rare spawns. (Chansey, Bulbasaur, and Ditto) Two of those times were before I'd obtained the shiny charm.

As far as I know, those games have been data-mined and if there were any better odds than the aforementioned 1/215 they would have been found by now, but 4 times almost in a row is crazy lucky no? I'm NEVER that lucky. In almost anything. Like... Ever. So... yeah. Is there additional shiny info that I'm not privy to, or is it just lucky coincidence?