1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are to experience downtime on Monday September 21st to bring the forums up to the latest version of the software. As this is a big forum, it'll take multiple hours to transfer and then rebuild the styles. We apologise for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you'll still be able to chat in the Serebii Discord
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny odds better than 1/215 or coincidence?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Jesness, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Jesness

Jesness Member

Recently I've been playing a lot of Let's go, and I've had a weird occurrence that's happened to me four times and has me questioning the shiny rate.

Let's Go is two years old now, so everyone and their mama knows that you get the best shiny odds with a catch combo of 31+ in conjunction with a lure and the shiny charm. However, on four separate occasions, I've stumbled into shinnies with a catch combo between 6-12, each of the four times I was combo-ing rare spawns. (Chansey, Bulbasaur, and Ditto) Two of those times were before I'd obtained the shiny charm.

As far as I know, those games have been data-mined and if there were any better odds than the aforementioned 1/215 they would have been found by now, but 4 times almost in a row is crazy lucky no? I'm NEVER that lucky. In almost anything. Like... Ever. So... yeah. Is there additional shiny info that I'm not privy to, or is it just lucky coincidence?

Carrick2097 likes this.
  2. RedViper5s

RedViper5s New Member

I haven’t seen anything about odds improving, but my wife stumbled upon 3 shinies while on catch streaks less than 5 for completely different Pokémon. Meanwhile, I’ve been sitting for four hours hunting a shiny a ponyta....

3. DR.gonzo

DR.gonzo Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve had mixed results also with shiny hunting.

I’ve had the double shiny in a row happen quite a few times after hitting the 31 combo,
    Also like you say I’ve got around 6 different mons before reaching 20 and several others
    Before obtaining the shiny charm and reaching max combo bonus .

I can note though for me all this has happened on my main game account ,
    I have 2 others running also and haven’t had even a 3rd of the luck as my main file .
    Could ID etc count into the factor when it comes to shiny rate ? We’ve had secret ID etc for the main series games in the past, can something with our save file play a part .