• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure

back.
Shiny Pokémon Face-Off

Welcome to the Shiny Pokémon Face-Off. This is the twin face-off of the Pokémon Types Face-Off, which means that the face-offs will likely be similar to identical in format. This is the first face-off in the Crucius set of face-offs.

Brief History
This is the second modern thread, with the first being owned by Blaze Dragon. There was a very old Shiny Face-Off owned by the old master .Combusken. but the game ended. Of course, times have changed since November 2005! Unfortunately, Blaze Dragon became inactive in his thread and Staryu, the old master of hostile takeovers, "Staryued" the Face-Off. In a bit of irony, Staryu failed to fulfill his duties after the post announcing his takeover, and I snagged it.

Shiny Pokémon Face-Off Rules:
1. Serebiiforums.com Face-Offs Rules.
2. Always be courteous towards your peers. Show respect, as flaming or the like will not be tolerated here.
3. Refer to this first post before you post, in order to check the current round. Anything outside of this will be treated as spam and will warrant a warning. If done three times, it will warrant a one-week ban. Four times will warrant a full ban.
4. Refer to the Face-Off Glossary to understand what is being said. Often times, it will be hard to understand.
5. Voting will be once per thirty seconds :)p), while in hurt/heal or Nv voting method. While in basic voting method, voting will be once per hour. Double-posting is absolutely forbidden. If the next round has not begun, wait.
6. While in basic voting method, the first Pokémon to reach fifteen (15) votes wins. In the semifinal and final rounds in basic method, the limit is twenty (20) votes.
6b. While in Hurt/Heal voting method or Nv Voting method, the last two remaining will signal the end of the round.
7. E-voting (that is, voting multiple times using edits) is forbidden. This becomes tedious for tallyists, and in many cases avoids the double-posting rule.
8. As for tallyists, I shall need none unless I state otherwise. If I see someone qualified to be a tallyist/co-owner, I may contact them to become one.
The penalties for infractions will vary based on my (or the other owner's) judgment. You must accept our judgment, or it can be grounds to be reported to the moderation.

Nv Voting:
For Reference
Black Point: -2, but +1 the next 2 posts.
Red Point: -1
Silver Point: +1
Gold Point: +2, but -1 the next 2 posts.
Platinum Point: +3, single-use.
Plague Point: -1 every two posts. Can be used once per Pokémon.
Move on: 40 Points.
//Nv Voting 1.3

Staff:
member - position - powers

Crucius (Shining Alakazam): Acting Manager (the highest authority in the face-off; authority to report violations to the moderation; can hand out bans and other penalties; runs the round; manages the staff)

Stage:
All Shiny Pokémon will be faced off here in various different methods, the first being in a nomination round. Hence, we begin the Nomination Stage. Shiny forms will be faced off in Nv Voting style, after forty nominations have been recieved. The Pokémon will be faced off in eight groups of five.

So let's get to nominating. You may nominate up to two in one post, and you may nominate once per hour.

Nominations (21)
Alakazam :)p)
Beruberuto
Etebossu
Mew
Diaruga
Mewtwo
Charizard
Noctowl
Altaria
Butterfree
Umbreon
Scyther
Hayashigame
Scizor
Rotom
PorygonZ
Ninetales
Eevee
Hypno
Lapras
Miltank

Last edited:

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Mew. Best shiny ever.

Diaruga.

Pure

back.
Mew and Diaruga added.

and i'll put in Mewtwo for good measure.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Ditto! Ditto and Mew have the best shiny color!

Pure

back.
@edwardel: That was within the hour.
@alec: you're also within the hour.

Only Noctowl & Altaria accepted.

Last edited:
Latias and Latios. I'm having trouble figuering out why I like them, but I do. XD

Scy*Teh*Scyther

Scyther FTW <3
I nominate Scyther and Hayashigame ^^

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
rotomu and porygon z

Status
Not open for further replies.