• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
Same here. I've been trying it different today, gather like 2-3 boxes of eggs (however many you want to hatch), head to the prism tower in Lumiose, and hatch them there. You can just ride around it by holding one direction of the d-pad. Might be useful for other bored MM'ers ....
I actually already do go to the prism tower and tape my joystick to the side so I don't have to do that much work, that's probably why I've been doing this for hours without getting too irritated about it. I have a Talonflame with flame body so hopefully that's helping.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Okay I'm so confuzzled about the new PokeRadar. How do I use it and how does it recharge in this game? i want to shiny hunt for a Swirlix and other Pokemon, but can't figure it how to use it correctly.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
So two days ago I decided I wanted to start breeding for a shiny. I picked my first target as a Honedge, because Aegislash is one of my favorite new pokemon, and the shiny versions of the entire family look awesome.

After about 25 eggs, not entirely sure on the count because I had wonder traded some of the babies away, I hatched my first Gen VI Shiny Pokemon. :D I named her Shiny Blade at first, but have since decided to rechristen her Clarent.
3c8e2341-7578-4592-ae6d-f620b87865cb_zps93813809.jpg

After that, I decided to breed some Pumpkaboo for wonder trade in order to be festive, and after a few eggs I decided to put it on hold while I search for the super sized version. I then moved my attention to breeding my Gengar with a japanese Gastly I got from WT. precisely 36 eggs later, out pops this other little beauty:
IMG_2276_zps9422edf3.jpg

Including the Pumpkaboo eggs, I believe I hatched about 75 eggs with two shinies... not too shabby!

Now I'm breeding for an Adamant shiny Phantump. I'm really digging that the everstone now guarantees the nature beign passed down instead of 50%.

EDIT- Okay apparently I don't remember how to use spoiler tags anymore... could someone give me a little help? I don't want to kill anyone's older computer. Thanks!

Last edited:

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
@Emerald, very nice, be sure to post a picture of shiny Mega Gengar if you ever go for it!

I have been playing since the first generation and never came across a shiny (wild or MM), but I might try my luck again this gen.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Okay I'm so confuzzled about the new PokeRadar. How do I use it and how does it recharge in this game? i want to shiny hunt for a Swirlix and other Pokemon, but can't figure it how to use it correctly.

1. Recharge rate is every 50 steps.

2. You need to be in a grass patch and OFF your roller blades (Switching to roller blades will break the chain).

3. When you activate the Poke Radar and go into rustling grass, whatever pokemon shows up, that's the pokemon you are chaining for. (If it's not, try again).

4. To continue the chain, knock out the pokemon and more grass will rustle after the battle. The objective is to keep finding the same pokemon you knocked out. The more times you encounter it, the higher the chance it is shiny. Careful for decoy patches which break the chain.

You probably know some of this, but I wanted to cover the bases. ^^

Last edited:

welcometorapture

So two days ago I decided I wanted to start breeding for a shiny. I picked my first target as a Honedge, because Aegislash is one of my favorite new pokemon, and the shiny versions of the entire family look awesome.

After about 25 eggs, not entirely sure on the count because I had wonder traded some of the babies away, I hatched my first Gen VI Shiny Pokemon. :D I named her Shiny Blade at first, but have since decided to rechristen her Clarent.

After that, I decided to breed some Pumpkaboo for wonder trade in order to be festive, and after a few eggs I decided to put it on hold while I search for the super sized version. I then moved my attention to breeding my Gengar with a japanese Gastly I got from WT. precisely 36 eggs later, out pops this other little beauty:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Shadeslayer118/IMG_2276_zps9422edf3.jpg[/img]]2

Including the Pumpkaboo eggs, I believe I hatched about 75 eggs with two shinies... not too shabby!

Now I'm breeding for an Adamant shiny Phantump. I'm really digging that the everstone now guarantees the nature beign passed down instead of 50%.

EDIT- Okay apparently I don't remember how to use spoiler tags anymore... could someone give me a little help? I don't want to kill anyone's older computer. Thanks!

Testing to see if I still know spoiler tags...
edit: I don't fully, I know it's something like this, but I haven't got it completely correct ... ugh

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

2. You need to be in a grass patch and OFF your roller blades (Switching to roller blades will break the chain).

3. When you activate the Poke Radar and go into rustling grass, whatever pokemon shows up, that's the pokemon you are chaining for. (If it's not, try again).

4. To continue the chain, knock out the pokemon and more grass will rustle after the battle. The objective is to keep finding the same pokemon you knocked out. The more times you encounter it, the higher the chance it is shiny. Careful for decoy patches which break the chain.

I'd like to quote this on the OP because it's useful. Thanks.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Wow shiny Honedge is absolutely amazing, congrats on Clarent and all your shinies so far.

JimmyDan

So far for me... with in 4 days from each other... I found a Shiny Espurr and evolved it into Meowstic ( Female ), then about an hour ago, pulled a shiny pikachu from the friend safari... I love this game... Yet more shinies to add to my collection.

Edit: I will post the pictures up in this post once my phone wants to send them to my email address.

Last edited:

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
If you don't mind me adding onto that here are some basic rules that were effective in D/P/P:

1. Try to only enter patches when you can see all four shaking patches
2. Try to avoid patches that are either right next to another patch, right next to objects (such as an edge of a house or rock) and right next to your character.
3. Avoid leaving your area. What I mean by this is do not leave the section of grass where you original started the chain; even if you see a shaking patch.
4. Avoid entering patches that are directly on the edge of your section of grass.

An additional note: these rules help to encourage the likelihood of maintaining your chain. Breaking or following these rules does not guarantee anything however I have found through experience that it does help. I have yet to try this out on the new games but I am in the middle of preparing for some shiny hunting.

Last edited:

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
@Emerald, very nice, be sure to post a picture of shiny Mega Gengar if you ever go for it!

I have been playing since the first generation and never came across a shiny (wild or MM), but I might try my luck again this gen.

Shiny Mega Gengar is White with black eyes. Looks awesome.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter

To stay off my rollerskates without the D-Pad I've been using the itemfinders because it forces you to walk. Can I use the itemfinders without breaking a radar chain?

Wow shiny Honedge is absolutely amazing, congrats on Clarent and all your shinies so far.

I wish it stayed Red throughout the evolution. Doublade and Aegislash are only red on the edges while the blade is a blackish-blueish gray.

Thecatteam

I think the shiny rate's higher now, too, or something fishy's going on. I've caught two shinies so far and haven't beaten the champion yet. Both were in hordes. I just really want some confirmation on this. That's the downside to a simultaneous worldwide release--nobody's gone and extracted all the game's secrets yet!

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
To stay off my rollerskates without the D-Pad I've been using the itemfinders because it forces you to walk. Can I use the itemfinders without breaking a radar chain?

That's a no. You may only have one key item active at a time.

:)

Also, a helpful tip is to buy lots of repels before doing this. Just so the chain is not interrupted as you walk to the shaking grass.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
Shiny Mega Gengar is White with black eyes. Looks awesome.
Which is precisely the reason i went for Gastly ahead of some others... I'm still shocked I got a nature I wanted, too.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I wish it stayed Red throughout the evolution. Doublade and Aegislash are only red on the edges while the blade is a blackish-blueish gray.

Still sounds cool but I would love to have seen it with a red blade as well.

not589

Anyone have a shiny, male, Adamant Larvitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.