• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
That's a no. You may only have one key item active at a time.

:)

Also, a helpful tip is to buy lots of repels before doing this. Just so the chain is not interrupted as you walk to the shaking grass.

I did that anyways in Platinum. Did Max Repels with Poke Radar a lot in Mr. Backlot's Trophy Garden.

1395994_213377268832179_405959714_n.jpg

This just hatched after joking about shiny Pokemon...

Seccond MM Pokemon I've hatched, and he came out of the 3rd egg I had.

Shiny Tyrunt looks awesome.

Still sounds cool but I would love to have seen it with a red blade as well.

I specifically wanted it Red because in one of the D&D Campaigns I'm in there's a legendary weapon called the Rose of Phylon, called such for being Red greatsword, made Red from the Redsteel it is made of.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
I ran into a shiny Absol completely by chance just a few hours into the game, completely by surprise and when most of my party was wiped out. Additionally, they were wiped out right after a mass catching spree, so I had almost no Poke balls to use. Got it's HP down as low as I would dare, then came within one hit of losing my last Pokemon (an untrained Abra) with only two or three Poke balls left. Finally, on a Luxury Ball, it clicked...

Been running it ever since then. I usually wind up finding a shiny in every game at some point, but never one I would actually use, and not that early on. Good stuff.

Honkfish

trying to get this shiny Swirlix is making me lose my mind. I have to soft reset about 30 times just to get it to show up and then a godamn Croagunk just shows up in a perfectly safe patch.

Atem0225

I tried using the poke-radar for a few days. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't keep my chains from getting broken (sometimes my mistake, sometimes the decoy grass patches). PR chaining was difficult enough without random decoy patches.

So I went searching and eventually found a Japanese Ditto on GTS that hadn't already been traded away. I started MMing, and after only 34 Eggs I got my Shiny, Adamant Natured, Dry Skin Croagunk.

I can't help but freak out, because I have a confession: not counting the Red Gyarados in the Johto games, I have never even encountered a shiny Pokemon!

Long live Masuda Method!

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Didn't radar it but I was tempted to.
Found and caught a shiny Riolu today. :D

Can anyone confirm the rumor about tipping more and finding more shinies? It hasn't even been a month and I've either been extremely lucky to find two in a day or something else happened in game.

Found a shiny Combee (f) while tending to my berry bushes earlier. Just a reminder to always be on your guard. Caught it by the way, if you were curious to know.

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Can anyone confirm the rumor about tipping more and finding more shinies? It hasn't even been a month and I've either been extremely lucky to find two in a day or something else happened in game.

No one can really confirm anything, it's just a rumor that's probably senseless. If shiny rates have increased I almost guarantee it is not a result of tipping.

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
The only shiny I've ever seen was a Abra in Platinum, and I've been playing since Red and Blue in 1999. Reading about all these people finding shiny Pokemon is a little sickening to be honest. *laughs*

My brother is pretty lucky though. He's seen at least 1 shiny Poke in just about every game. Wish I could steal his luck LOL. :) His first was a gold Caterpie in Silver way back.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
The only shiny I've ever seen was a Abra in Platinum, and I've been playing since Red and Blue in 1999. Reading about all these people finding shiny Pokemon is a little sickening to be honest. *laughs*

My brother is pretty lucky though. He's seen at least 1 shiny Poke in just about every game. Wish I could steal his luck LOL. :) His first was a gold Caterpie in Silver way back.

My first shiny was a Green Zubat in Pokemon Silver, and I didn't know it was Shiny until I transfered it to Colisseum and it was GREEN. I was so shocked. Didn't know what shiny Pokemon were back then, but I took a liking to the little fella.

Sadly he perished with the battery of my Silver Cartridge.

tobysparrow

Shiny Pokemon Master
First shiny ever like 5 minutes ago modest noibat female with infiltrator

PokeAJ

Gah, chaining sucks in this game compared to Gen 4! I've chained lots of shinies successfully in my Platinum, but using the exact same method I used in that the highest I've been able to get is 16 in Y so far. Most of my chains are breaking around 5! It seems like the old chaining technique isn't effective to me. Also annoying you can't see how high your chain is.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Today on the way through Victory Road I ran into a shiny female Noibat. I captured it and named it Desdemona; here's hoping it blossoms into a nice looking shiny Noivern once I finish EV training it.

The last shiny I ran into (without use of the PokeRadar) was a shiny Geodude in Heartgold, right after I received my starter and before I had any pokeballs. It was horrible.

PokeAJ

I usually run into at least one wild shiny per playthrough of a Pokemon game, and right now I'm 50+ hours into Y and still nothing. If the odds are so much better, all of a sudden I guess I lost all my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.