• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobius

i assume the appearance of a shiny is the same as before with the stars right? been on the lookout since playing Y, but haven't had the sound on which helps identify one too. just want to make sure the stars/sparkles are there.

While I've never really searched for Shiny Pokémon with the PokéRadar or so, but I just might this time.

I also do have a Shiny Charizard (hatched) in White 2. Do we know yet how the Shiny Mega Charizards looks like?

3BQX9t9.jpg
Ji2zG6a.jpg

(Credits to Smogon)

Greninja'd :(

Attachments

• 3BQX9t9.jpg
    3BQX9t9.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 576

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
i assume the appearance of a shiny is the same as before with the stars right? been on the lookout since playing Y, but haven't had the sound on which helps identify one too. just want to make sure the stars/sparkles are there.

There's a sparkle animation and a sound effect at the start of the battle with a shiny.

Ammako

Do we even know if the PokéRadar lets us chain shinies like in Gen. IV?
I feel like people are just jumping the gun on that one.

Wow, congrats!
When a shiny Ditto copies a pokemon, does it become their shiny form? If it does you should face Zygarde/Xerneas/Yveltal and find out what they look like shiny :p

From gen IV and onwards Transform copies the opponent's exact form and shininess, I doubt they would change it back now.

LavaPLUME

hey guys. i figure the friend safari is the best place to use pokeradar since the map is the perfect square shape. so good job.

Plus heres my friend code for anyone who needs it. cuz i sure need them x)
0361-6000-2128 the names chuy

At what point in the game do you get the pokeradar?

in the second floor of sycamores lab. i got mine post game but you might get it whenever you want

LavaPLUME

oh i havent tried it yet. well besides that the pokemon village is also great. although pokemon variety is somewhat lacking..
zoroark sounds cool though as shiny x) noctowl, foongus guy, gothitelle

edit: well no new pokes in here i suppose :p unless im missing someone

aswertyuiol

Cold turkey.
Shiny odds definitely changed. EVERYBODY is finding them, including myself. It seems like horde battles increase the chance of finding shinies, because that's where I got my shiny Geodude and I've heard plenty of hordes with shiny Pokemon stories already.

I hope someone finds an all-shiny horde. Then my life will be complete.

carmstrong

Haven't had any luck getting shinies yet this game, been trying for shiny Tyrunt through masuda and Fraxure through the friend safari, hopefully my luck improves

Meowtastic

Does anyone know about which shaking grass will have the best chance for a shiny with pokeradar? i always choose the farthest one away, and i have had no luck so far. I haven't found a shiny since gen 3.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Found a shiny Geodude in a horde battle. Thought it had sturdy like all Geodudes do. It didn't have sturdy like most Geodudes do.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Does anyone know about which shaking grass will have the best chance for a shiny with pokeradar? i always choose the farthest one away, and i have had no luck so far. I haven't found a shiny since gen 3.

Usually thats the case, pick one thats farthest away out of 4 moving patches.

My longest chain so far was 18 on Fletching. I suck at Poke Radar.

Also, has anyone heard the rumor about tipping $1000 and having finding shinies soon after?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
3BQX9t9.jpg
Ji2zG6a.jpg

(Credits to Smogon)

Greninja'd :(

Thank you very much. ^^ though I was hoping Shiny CharizardX would be Orange, haha. Can't wait to use it.

Also, that Souvenir might have something to do with Shinies? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.