• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Tell you what, we chain at the same time, and I'll monitor this topic. If you get a magikarp first, druddigon is yours

I extend this to anyone willing to try

Hmmm. You got yourself a deal. I will begin the hunt for Mr. Flops in 40 minutes.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
WOOT! Got my shiny magikarp!

So happy right now, red gyarados, here I come!

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Congrats!! Mega Evolve that godly Pokemon.
That I will, favourite pokemon in my favourite colour that's not from the lake of rage, I cannot express my joy

Thanks for the luck btw, happened on the same chain you lent it to me

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Oh my God, I'm gonna kill a darn Magikarp!!!! 72 Consecutive and guess what Mr. No bite comes along to ruin it! >: (

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
That I will, favourite pokemon in my favourite colour that's not from the lake of rage, I cannot express my joy

Thanks for the luck btw, happened on the same chain you lent it to me

You're welcome! I never actually had a shiny Gyarados besides the Lake of Rage one haha. Happy you got it.

Mew_Celebi

Shocking Pikachu
This fishing trick is awesome! Just caught a shiny whiscash! I was aiming for poliwhirl but this is cool too.

Edit: I got the poliwhirl too! So cool.

Last edited:

Ghost-Type

I'm looking for Shiny Ghost-Types...Where for art thou T_T

So Far I have a Shiny Banette (Friend Safari) and a Shiny Relicanth (Consecutive Fishing). Both look amazing.

I want a Shiny Goomy though....and Shiny Pumpkaboo. :O

darkzeru

Sidequestion: Does it break the chain if you move from you was initially standing? (but you didn't leave the area you was fishing)

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Sidequestion: Does it break the chain if you move from you was initially standing? (but you didn't leave the area you was fishing)

yes, you have to keep fishing in the same spot without moving

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
"Nothing seems to be biting."

D: SADDEST MESSAGE ALL NIGHT. And I had an Inkay with Suction Cups. T^T Oh well, try again tomorrow~

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Today on the way through Victory Road I ran into a shiny female Noibat. I captured it and named it Desdemona; here's hoping it blossoms into a nice looking shiny Noivern once I finish EV training it.

The last shiny I ran into (without use of the PokeRadar) was a shiny Geodude in Heartgold, right after I received my starter and before I had any pokeballs. It was horrible.

I feel for you D: still no shiny and I had this game sense it first came out - it really makes me wonder did the shiny encounter really increase as people say or are more people posting their shinies more because of the world release? My first shiny was on my Emerald that I got for my birthday, I started playing it and while training my new starter on a route a shiny poocheyena (sp) appeared... it happens to be my a pokemon based on my favorite animal. After getting it's health to the perfect amount I check my bag and yup no pokeballs. Recently though after one of my million restarts of that game I ran into another one right after I first got pokeballs and it happened to be Adamant nature : D

Also.. your signature is absolutely beautiful I have no idea who made it but when you can make something that is able to portray emotion like that it is simply amazing. If you are the artist then I would ask if it would be alright if I saved that or not.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I've been catching Mawile in the Safari Zone for some time now xD it seems I'm closer to perfect IVs then I am a shiny. This is both depressing and hilarious... oh Pokemon how do you do this to me?

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Ran into shiny Manetric 2 days ago while trying to find the 3rd electric pokemon in Friend Safari. Found shiny Manetric instead. On the same day, I found a shiny Mawile because I was trying the find the 3rd steel type in Friend Safari as well. Both surprised me because I wasn't expecting them. Last night, while training a team of 5 for the national dex, I ran into shiny Lickitung. I tried the Chain Fishing method today and ran into shiny Poliwhirl while training another team for the national dex and to find a Politoed. I found Politoed shortly after I caught shiny Poliwhirl.

What were the odds of running into several shiny of the same game? Never seen more than 1 shiny of any game,unless you count HG, where I caught the shiny Gyarados everyone has, and a shiny Krabby (ran into shiny Kakuna too, but accidentally killed it).

Status
Not open for further replies.