• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I finally got myself my second shiny! : D A Skrelp! I tried out the fishing thing and it actually worked. I think I got it around 20 in the chain, I didn't count. It's a Bold nature with Poison Touch, so not the best, but that is ok. I rarely get shinies so it is nice when I do. My first was a Shiny Torkoal from random encounter. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Ran into shiny Manetric 2 days ago while trying to find the 3rd electric pokemon in Friend Safari. Found shiny Manetric instead. On the same day, I found a shiny Mawile because I was trying the find the 3rd steel type in Friend Safari as well. Both surprised me because I wasn't expecting them. Last night, while training a team of 5 for the national dex, I ran into shiny Lickitung. I tried the Chain Fishing method today and ran into shiny Poliwhirl while training another team for the national dex and to find a Politoed. I found Politoed shortly after I caught shiny Poliwhirl.

What were the odds of running into several shiny of the same game? Never seen more than 1 shiny of any game,unless you count HG, where I caught the shiny Gyarados everyone has, and a shiny Krabby (ran into shiny Kakuna too, but accidentally killed it).

Do you know how long I have been looking for a Shiny Mawile, I could just cry right now... congrats on all the shinies though! : )

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Do you know how long I have been looking for a Shiny Mawile, I could just cry right now... congrats on all the shinies though! : )

I think the reason why I keep running into shinies is because I never really looked for them on purpose .___.
And a lot of times, I tend to find them while training in one spot for so long (usually because I want to catch something I don't have or to train a team for the national dex).

Tenilius

Growlithe became my first XY shiny and 4th overall (been playing since RBY).
Found it while Friend Safari-ing.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I think the reason why I keep running into shinies is because I never really looked for them on purpose .___.
And a lot of times, I tend to find them while training in one spot for so long (usually because I want to catch something I don't have or to train a team for the national dex).

Isn't that funny though how that works? Every shiny except my shiny Rayquaza I encountered on accident as well. Even when I caught Shiny Rayquaza I had just sat down and decided to kill time by soft resetting for it for a while, I got it right away - go figure.

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
So at this point we should just have contests to see how quickly we can fish up shinies, right? :3
Got a Relicanth on 2 and a Poliwag on 14.

PokeAJ

Started MMing for shiny Fennekin last night. Up to 35 hatched so far. I've never gotten a shiny using MM cause I usually get bored and give up around 200 or so. Those of you who are successful with it, how many eggs does it typically take you?

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
I was not keeping count on number caught or even what attempt I was on, but I just got a shiny Clawitzer.

Any suggestions for a name?

Why not Zoidberg?

darkzeru

Started MMing for shiny Fennekin last night. Up to 35 hatched so far. I've never gotten a shiny using MM cause I usually get bored and give up around 200 or so. Those of you who are successful with it, how many eggs does it typically take you?
I got a shiny eevee on my 86th egg

Well my highest consecutive for fish is 172...didn't see a shiny before i actually broke it :p

I am looking for a shiny magikrap. Anyone got one. PM me

shadowF

I was wondering, are all legendary pokemon shiny locked this gereration? it just seems to weird we have not seen someone post a shiny mega mewtwo.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I know the three new ones are. Not sure about the birds and Mewtwo.

Well, technically, we don't even know for sure if any legendary is locked. Xerneas/Yveltal just need the confirmation, though, since they more than likely locked. Zygarde, who even knows?

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
This makes me both very excited and extremely frustrated at the same time with the luck people seem to have on shinies this gen.
I have been horde training to ev train pokemon with my sweet scent mawile for several hours a night since I started and never encountered a shiny yet.
I have just started this consecutive fishing today and have currently managed 5 chains of over 100 (138, my best), all to no result :(
I think I may have better luck after defeating the elite 4 and trying out the friend safari.

A rather silly question, but can anyone tell me if they have encountered a shiny without being connected to the internet in-game?

Until my luck starts to improve in this generation, i'll just fall back on the luck I had in White 2 with a Modest shiny Deino with max IVs in Speed and Special attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.