• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landroval

I've chained up 3 shinies today while fishing... poliwag, gyarados, and skrelp. And before that I picked up a shiny Phantump and Sneasel in the friend safari.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Okay okay, So just after I said I hadn't found any shinies, I have run into 2 shiny remoraids using the chain fishing method. I caught the first after over 100 consecutive fishing encounters. I then decide what the hell, i'll continue and found another 3 casts later! I assume you can continue the chain after catching a shiny then. So happy. I'll name the female Squishy and the Male Squidward :D
I'm open to trade either one and nickname it whatever you want.

Good luck guys/girls. As the kitty on the branch once said, hang in there!

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Wow, seems like a lot of shines for this fishing method. What do you do, just keep fishing in the same spot?
Just stand in the same spot, and fish with any rod. I had a feinted inkay with suction cups in my first slot and ran away from every encounter and was fishing into a corner. Not much else to it, just patience. Chain restarts if you don't hook the pokemon in a cast, reel to early or too late.

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
This fishing method is pretty ridic. So far a shiny qwilfish and continuing my chain.

Rosa

I don't get it, everytime I try it with eevee it gives me a different pokemon? It works with houndoom and snubull? What is going on? Anyone else getting this with eevee? I just want a shiny female eevee, then I can die a happy girl. :/ If anyone is getting the same or know what I am doing wrong please message me. I do have a shiny spinda I can trade for it or I am breeding ralts, eevee and pikachu (pichu) every so often in hopes for a shiny as well.

Last edited:
Trying to chain for a shiny skitty 18 was my highest chain :/ back to trying to breed shiny ralts.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Wow, I'm guessing catching shinies in this game is much more easier than it was in previous games. That's pretty awesome! But I think i'll stick to regular-colored Pokémon unless one were to appear naturally without the use of a Poké Radar aha

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Just a dumb question:

Are the chances of getting a Shiny Starter smaller than getting a Shiny Pokemon like Ghastly or any other pokemon when bred?

Just curious.

RNG_Reporter

One day... one day I will run into a shiny Pokemon.

My name shows the only way I was able to get shiny Pokemon.

Ridiculous how the odds are so high now.. yet I can't find any. Yet people are finding like 2 a day!

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
One day... one day I will run into a shiny Pokemon.

My name shows the only way I was able to get shiny Pokemon.

Ridiculous how the odds are so high now.. yet I can't find any. Yet people are finding like 2 a day!
Someone even found two shinies in on horde lol. Just managed to get a shiny dragalge after a while of continuing my previous chain.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well its nice to see a new shiny thread up if i get any 6th gen shinies ill post here funny thing is i haven't ran into one shiny yet like the rest of you guys XD Im glad that radar is back ill be using that soon once i get the radar...

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Just a dumb question:

Are the chances of getting a Shiny Starter smaller than getting a Shiny Pokemon like Ghastly or any other pokemon when bred?

Just curious.
If breeding with the Masuda Method both Gastly and a starter would have the same chances of being shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.