• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

The PokéRadar returns in Pokémon X & Y. Unlike in DPPt though, there are no radar-exclusive Pokémon, and there a updates with the mechanics.

Feel free to discuss your findings here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

BASIC POKERADAR GUIDE
Courtesy of dbApplejack

• Recharge rate is every 50 steps.
  • You need to be in a grass patch and OFF your roller blades (Switching to roller blades will break the chain).
  • When you activate the Poke Radar and go into rustling grass, whatever Pokemon shows up, that's the Pokemon you are chaining for (If it's not, try again).
  • To continue the chain, knock out the Pokemon and more grass will rustle after the battle. The objective is to keep finding the same Pokemon you knocked out. The more times you encounter it, the higher the chance it is shiny. Be careful for decoy patches which break the chain.

For more in-depth info about the PokéRadar, go here.

blasian amtrax

For those who don't already know, one of the major additions to the radar is that of decoy patches which actually don't contain a pokemon and will break your chain.
Personally my highest chain thus far is 16 skiddo.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
While I've never really searched for Shiny Pokémon with the PokéRadar or so, but I just might this time.

I also do have a Shiny Charizard (hatched) in White 2. Do we know yet how the Shiny Mega Charizards looks like?

ShadowKreach

I caught my first Shiny Pokemon yesterday, a Shiny Scatterbug.

I'd spent most of the day on Laverre Nature Trail just spamming Sweet Scent with my Combee to try and get a Shiny in a horde encounter (Skorupi, Bellsprout and Ekans make for a pretty decent line-up of Pokemon to get Shiny) and occasionally using the PokéRadar to try and chain for something, but unfortunately it's really difficult to use on Laverre Nature Trail due to the big trees blocking your view in some areas, and I didn't want to try my luck in the open but much larger grass patches.
Eventually I just gave up, so I decided to run a test with a Clauncher I caught to see if it learns Shell Smash at level 47 if you don't evolve it (Which it doesn't, unfortunately). I'd battled the Elite Four and the Champion again to get it up a few levels, but because none of my Pokemon could learn Fly, I had to walk to Santalune City to get my Fletchinder out.
Lo and behold, on my way through Santalune Forest, there's the Shiny Scatterbug. It actually looks pretty cool, I like it quite a lot.

Earlier in the game I did find a Shiny Mareep in a horde battle, but I didn't notice it was there until I'd hit the Run button. It was pretty painful. Still, I'll gladly settle for Scatterbug instead.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
I tried the poke radar yesterday n I think I'm pretty bad at but i managed to get a 10 chain on zangoose but then i lost it. never got used to it in diamond but I will give it a few more attempts after I mm a shiny fennekin :)

BluePingu

I am having trouble with the Pokeradar at the moment, as whenever I use it, the spots never have any pokemon in them. EVER.

I caught a Shiny Pansear the other day, and was dissapointed at how similar Shiny Simisear look to regular ones.

So, now I am Masuda-ing for a Shiny Goomy. I have a feeling it will take forever xD

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Currently breeding with the Masuda Method to try and get a Shiny Super Size Pumpkaboo.

more than 200 eggs hatched so far, not giving up though!

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
did the shiny odd's change?
cause I've seen a lot people on youtube just running into like a shiny nosepass and such

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Has anybody checked this?

I think I have an idea what the Special Souvenir might do.

I've had my lead pokemon holding it, and I've found two shinies in under four hours (spinda and geodude, both in horde battles). That's quite a coincidence - anyone else tried this?

ShadowKreach

did the shiny odd's change?
cause I've seen a lot people on youtube just running into like a shiny nosepass and such

I'm almost sure that they have.
Up until now, I've never found a legitimate shiny in my life. To find two within the first week of the game's release means that I'm either incredibly lucky, or the odds have increased. The latter is much more likely seeing as so many other people have similar stories to tell.

Sorry for the silly question, but where can you find the PokeRadar? did google it but all all the answers on other boards est, said "go look on Serebii" and all i can find is info on the one in Plat.

I have managed to find one shiny so far by pure luck, a Gothorita, in pokemon village. and i have seen a pick of a shiny Furfrou, it has black fur with white face and paws, cant recall where i saw it, but it must of been on gameFAQ or twtter.

blasian amtrax

Sorry for the silly question, but where can you find the PokeRadar? did google it but all all the answers on other boards est, said "go look on Serebii" and all i can find is info on the one in Plat.

I have managed to find one shiny so far by pure luck, a Gothorita, in pokemon village. and i have seen a pick of a shiny Furfrou, it has black fur with white face and paws, cant recall where i saw it, but it must of been on gameFAQ or twtter.

Second floor of the professor's lab. The assistant standing at the massive computer system gives it to you

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I'm almost sure that they have.
Up until now, I've never found a legitimate shiny in my life. To find two within the first week of the game's release means that I'm either incredibly lucky, or the odds have increased. The latter is much more likely seeing as so many other people have similar stories to tell.

Guys discussion about shiny pokemon go here...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?588780-Official-New-and-Improved-General-Shiny-Thread

If you read the OP of this thread it says to talk about the Pokeradar here.

Lazaros742

MM'd my honedge :) took 4 boxes to get it but i got the damn'd thing! Groomy is a pain to do this cause his egg takes forever to hatch :(

KiLLeRr KeN

i wish i could could catch a shiny ditto, or anything for that matter, i haven't seen once since i got the game on opening day

Second floor of the professor's lab. The assistant standing at the massive computer system gives it to you

thank you, i will go grab that.

Status
Not open for further replies.