• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or do all people except for me encounter shinies haha? Haven't bumped into a single one yet, even though I've tried and tried. Maybe one day...

Wick55uk

Ranger
Yeah just yesterday I walked threw the Reflection cave and then BAM !!! a shiny Wobbefett came up ..... my 1st shiny pokemon ever but then later today I was walking around on route 4 and then BAM !!! low and behold a shiny Skitty showed up .... now is that luck or not I'm just hopeful this luck keeps up now.

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
Apparently chaining doesn't go so well for me, can't get past 7 or so lol.
I know how it works and all that but... yeah.. x'D
Currently taking a pause and running through a friend safari with ghosts, if luck doesn't strike me here..Well, it's back trying to chain.. x'D

Lugar

Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.Nevermind i had those bloody roller skates on.

Last edited:

razor fire

Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.
Probably needs recharging. If my memory serves me right you'll need around 256 steps or so to recharge it.

razor fire

DryBones

Event Collector
cant find any decent sized grass spots to chain
Route 5 is where I got Pancham and Skiddo shinies.

I would love to go for a shiny espurr in friend safari. How can I chain them with the pokeradar? I never used the radar much.
Unfortunately the PokeRadar cant be used in Friend Safari, only grass/flowers in the main game.

V4LOVER

chirp
I would love to go for a shiny espurr in friend safari. How can I chain them with the pokeradar? I never used the radar much.
You can't use the PokeRadar in the Friend Safari, unfortunately.

To chain them, use the item in a patch of grass or flowers and walk into one of the shaking patches. Defeat or capture what appears, and walk into another shaking patch, continuing on the same species. However, there are things that can break your chain, and you can't be using the bike or rollerskates when chaining. Look up some DPPt guides on chaining for more info on what we know.

im really struggling with the pokeradar, Completely new to it, took some time to research how to use it. Best iv got is a 7 chain of Altaria.

Im sure sooner or later il get the hang of it and get something worthy of partnering up with shiny noctowl.

Meowtastic

I tried my hand at hordes to find shinies, the entire span of yesterday, and no such luck.

BUT

I chained 4 illumise just now and found a shiny illumise, and there was a shiny patch :D
i haven't had anymore luck in finding shinies yet, but this is very promising results. Really going for a shiny swirlix.

Also, some random passerby traded me his shiny honedge, so that was extremely cool of him. :D

Douchemon

Scientist
Just got my Shiny Gulpin from a Horde with sweet scent. Get sweet scent and get hording.

iTarTar

Could someone link/ explain to me an in-depth guide for chaining for dummies? I've been trying to do chains since I first got Diamond and my highest streak is probably something like 2... I really want to get some shinies this game.

RNG_Reporter

Has anyone else heard the rumor about tipping? It is said that the more you tip, the better the chances are for a shiny.

I heard this also.

I usually do tip. But sometimes I click no on accident.

Might go Fly around tipping $1,000 to everyone daily.

welcometorapture

Status
Not open for further replies.