• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douchemon

Scientist
Id like to run a test for everyone that not yet found a shiny, go to route 5 and do Hordes at the big square brush.

I bet you'll get a gulpin sooner or later.

ok so I just caught my first shiny pokemon!!! It was a lv.30 (friend safari) Phantump quiet nature. I seriously think the ratio is much better I the friend safari.
how do I tell its perfect iv's

GriffinTheGreat

Salamence Trainer
ok so I just caught my first shiny pokemon!!! It was a lv.30 (friend safari) Phantump quiet nature. I seriously think the ratio is much better I the friend safari.
how do I tell its perfect iv's

IV checker in the Kiloude City Center. Purple-haired guy.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Not any luck with shinies. I even tried to roam around to see if I'd get a shiny gulpin, since everybody was saying it was easier, but after 30 minutes I didn't find any. Is it possible that my luck is just so bad that it's impossible for me to get a shiny?!

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Half an hour is not enough time for many encounters. Just keep going at it, you're looking at a couple hours as a more reasonable "quick" time.

sdotj

I haven't found any shinies at all in X. Ideas for the best and easiest way to find any? I cant get any big chains with the Pokeradar.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
Is it a good idea to try to breed the shinies using the masuda method? Because that's what I'm doing, and I'm just wondering if it still works and what the odds are. The female is from my game and the male is japanese.

DryBones

Event Collector
Is it a good idea to try to breed the shinies using the masuda method? Because that's what I'm doing, and I'm just wondering if it still works and what the odds are. The female is from my game and the male is japanese.

Masuda Method still works the same from what I know. Not sure if you mean that you're using shiny parents also (if so, it wont make a difference unfortunately). But I guess you mean MM to obtain shinies.

*Kyurem*

Recently, I found a Shiny Pyroar in the Friend Safari. I have been looking online at different happenings in the friend safari and saw that shinies may appear more in the friend safari due to the low number of different Pokemon appearing there. How many other people found one or more shiny Pokemon in the friend safari?

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
Masuda Method still works the same from what I know. Not sure if you mean that you're using shiny parents also (if so, it wont make a difference unfortunately). But I guess you mean MM to obtain shinies.

Oh but Shiny parents do matter. Shinies are based on IVs. Destiny Knot passes down IVs. Shiny parents + Destiny knot = more likely shiny children.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Oh but Shiny parents do matter. Shinies are based on IVs. Destiny Knot passes down IVs. Shiny parents + Destiny knot = more likely shiny children.

Shinies haven't been based on IVs since Gold, Silver and Crystal. Shiny parents nowadays have no effect on the shininess of their offspring (unless they're also from a different language game).

mick_1232001

I've been breeding eevee's and I got 2 shinies out of 165 eggs with a japanese ditto and a male regional eevee. It works better than it ever did for me in gen 5.

Meowtastic

Shinies are not based on IVs, they're determined by secret ID's. Shiny parents don't affect the shininess of offspring.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
Shinies haven't been based on IVs since Gold, Silver and Crystal. Shiny parents nowadays have no effect on the shininess of their offspring (unless they're also from a different language game).

Ah. My friend said it was still based on IVs. Did a little research to find out who was right. Shame. We were so sure that Shiny Foreign Dittos with Destiny Knot would work.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
On reflection, I don't think the Masuda method works anymore. My reasoning being that the Shiny chance has been lowered to 1/1000. The Masuda method would make it possible for you to encounter 1/1026 or so compared to the 1/8026. This would lead people to believe it's working the same as ever because they aren't aware that the shiny chance is 1/1000.

blasian amtrax

On reflection, I don't think the Masuda method works anymore. My reasoning being that the Shiny chance has been lowered to 1/1000. The Masuda method would make it possible for you to encounter 1/1026 or so compared to the 1/8026. This would lead people to believe it's working the same as ever because they aren't aware that the shiny chance is 1/1000.

Sorry, but what? There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that the shiny chances have changed at all this generation, let alone to 8x more likely.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Out of experience is there any chance that different colored flowers (same square) count as different patches and have a higher chance of breaking the chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.