• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
Sorry, but what? There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that the shiny chances have changed at all this generation, let alone to 8x more likely.

Everyone on the internet is saying it is true and I'm finding it to be true by experience seeing as people are encountering many more shinies without the Masuda method. A few people have encountered 2 shinies in a horde at the same time.

jPottie

On my first play, which was about 40 hours, I found a shiny Gulpin in a horde and then a lone shiny Pachirisu. I restarted though, but on this playthrough however I found a shiny Snubbull... odds def. seem to have changed.

blasian amtrax

Everyone on the internet is saying it is true and I'm finding it to be true by experience seeing as people are encountering many more shinies without the Masuda method. A few people have encountered 2 shinies in a horde at the same time.

Yes, there are a lot of shinies being found. Although the rate may have changed, the chances of it being 8x is just ridiculously small. My point is that there is no way you can put a number to it. Also, don't forget that hordes are 5 pokemon at once - equivalent to doing 5 random encounters, of course you're going to find shinies faster with them in the game. Honestly, the only way we could know for sure currently, would be if someone were to sit down and do an obscene number of random encounters as a statistical investigation.

Regality

Digital King
I have been playing since Yellow and have never found a wild shiny.
Am currently MMing to get a shiny Ponyta.
4 eggs so far.. no shiny.
Losing hope.

bentheechidna

Shadow Hunter
Ha only 4? I've been at it for nearly 6 hours if not more trying to get a shiny Gastly. Don't know the count because I keep tossing my Gastlies that are neither shiny nor Modest.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Losing hope.

I love shiny Ponyta and I caught one not to long before this game came out with the poke radar on my Pearl version. If you have that game it might be easier on there, I'm not sure what grass patches are available for Ponyta in these games. I personally find chaining for shinies easier then breeding but that's just me. Either way good luck with your hunt.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Losing hope.

...You're at 4 eggs, what do you expect?

Puma Italia

Seems like everyone can find a shiny Pokemon but me. I don't go looking for them, but I don't think I've ever found one in all of the years I've played these games. (since Red/Blue)

welcometorapture

I've been breeding eevee's and I got 2 shinies out of 165 eggs with a japanese ditto and a male regional eevee. It works better than it ever did for me in gen 5.

Oh man, lucky fella ...
250 lapras eggs and still nothing

mick_1232001

My friend got a Shiny Eevee after 25 eggs but he can't get a second one for his girlfriend yet after over 100-200 more.
Yeah, I'm up to 172 now with 2 shinies, my boyfriend doesn't know yet so he's going to be happy when he gets home ;3 I'm going to keep going to see how many I can get because there are some nice shiny eeveelutions

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
Losing hope.

just 4? i have 3 boxes full of Torchic trying to get shiny Blaziken. speaking of boxes, is there quick/easy way to release multiplies pokemon at once? it'll take me hours to release them after i found one or all boxes happen to be full

welcometorapture

just 4? i have 3 boxes full of Torchic trying to get shiny Blaziken. speaking of boxes, is there quick/easy way to release multiplies pokemon at once? it'll take me hours to release them after i found one or all boxes happen to be full

Wondering the same thing. Currently wonder trading them all while watching TV, get some good stuff once in a while

flygonabsol99

I started MMing to get a shiny Poliwag sometime late last night. This morning, I was running around in the flowers by the daycare to hatch while training a Fletchinder, and a shiny Smeargle jumped out! It's my second one (not in this game, first was in Platinum) but I decided to catch it anyways.

Meanwhile, Poliwag count is at 64 and the Pokeradar is hard to use :/

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
I've been MMing for a shiny vulpix for 2 days now, I'm at 200~ or so eggs and nothing. I've never gotten a legit shiny nor have I ever tried to MM before, so I really have no idea what to expect other than riding around on the bike and hatching eggs for hours.

Tav

I know that in the past games the chains would sometimes randomly break for no reason, if that's the case in this generation then I guess it was just bad luck. Keep trying though, I used Pokeradar alot in D/P/P.

Just a quick question how much information is actually out on this for this generation? I know that around 40 was the max last time but did they change this at all or is it pretty much the same.

It happened again after a chain of 15 with Altarias, same spot.

I'm chaining at the spot right next to the Draco Meteor move tutor. The spot isn't perfectly square, it's kind of like a fat 9. :p Anyway, the bottom left is kinda like a 2x2square attached to the rest of the flower patch. So they seem to be seperated... Touching moving grass in that 2x2 makes it pretend like it's an entirely different flower patch, "probably" breaking the chain.

That's what I suspect, at least.

welcometorapture

I've been MMing for a shiny vulpix for 2 days now, I'm at 200~ or so eggs and nothing. I've never gotten a legit shiny nor have I ever tried to MM before, so I really have no idea what to expect other than riding around on the bike and hatching eggs for hours.

Same here. I've been trying it different today, gather like 2-3 boxes of eggs (however many you want to hatch), head to the prism tower in Lumiose, and hatch them there. You can just ride around it by holding one direction of the d-pad. Might be useful for other bored MM'ers ....

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Was Chaining for a litleo, got my chain back up to 21 and a riolu breaks it. A shiny one. Not litleo but hey I'm not complaining? Female as well, caught in a Luxury ball. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.