• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
So how do you chain exactly and how is it broken?

Pretty simple really. Get a Suction Cup Pokemon (mine was a ko.ed Inkay), stand in one spot, and just get consecutive pulls. Chain breaks if you move or you get the "not even a nibble" dialogue. Also breaks if you're slow and miss the pull. Hope this helps you and other good folks.

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
The radar-chain breaks after you find + capture one shiny doesn't it?
Is it the same for fishin-chaining maybe?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Pretty simple really. Get a Suction Cup Pokemon (mine was a ko.ed Inkay), stand in one spot, and just get consecutive pulls. Chain breaks if you move or you get the "not even a nibble" dialogue. Also breaks if you're slow and miss the pull. Hope this helps you and other good folks.

So it's a chain even like this- Clawitzer, Clawitzer, Relicanth, Seadra, Clawitzer? Or does it have to be the same exact Pokémon?

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
So it's a chain even like this- Clawitzer, Clawitzer, Relicanth, Seadra, Clawitzer? Or does it have to be the same exact Pokémon?

Exactly. The only thing that matters is Consecutive Pulls

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Just attempted fish chaining to great success! Shiny Poliwhirl :D since it was taking a while (don't know the link number) I kept on saying to myself 'If the next one is shiny I'll call it .insert random word.' finally worked and my Poliwhirl is now called Moustache XD going to try somewhere else now.

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
You're welcome! Much luck to you friend.

23caterpie

pokemaster
Oh yeah!! I just got a shiny Skrelp after only like 15 pulls!! I also got a shiny Charmeleon from the friend safari yesturday!! I'm on a roll!!!! Oh Yeah!!!

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Consecutive fishing is incredibly easy. If you're complaining about no shiny, try it out.
Got Clauncher after 45.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
I'll just copy paste from the website:
"Chain Fishing
When you pick up the Super Rod in Route 16, you can talk to the other fisherman in the house. He will inform you of the concept of Consecutive Fishing. This concept means collecting fish repeatedly, one after another, without moving. He states that if you can beat his record, he will give you some Dive Balls. However, he makes a hint that there is more to consecutive fishing than meets the eye.

Chain Fishing - Rare Pokémon

It turns out that if you manage to get a chain of consecuctive fishing hooks, it will gradually increase the likelihood of finding a Shiny Pokémon, with the exact figures still to come. The higher the amount of Pokémon hooked, the more likely you get a shiny Pokémon, but as with PokéRadar, this is not a guarantee.

There are a few things that will break this consecutive streak, however. If you move from the spot, the streak is broken. If you pull in the rod too early, the streak is broken. If you don't get a nibble, the streak is broken. With the latter being a possibility, it's logical to have a Pokémon with the ability Suction Cups as your lead in order to increase the likelihood of hooking a Pokémon."

Thanks! That sounds really interesting.
Now we need something to chain in caves. :)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I'll just post the exact same thing from the other thread!

Finally, after 3 hours of CF (Chain-Fishing) I have a Shiny Magikarp (DEFINITELY NOT EVOLVING).

It took me ages, with a chain of 119 before it appeared!

It has 'Quick to Flee', with a 'Hasty' Nature - Basically extremely good!

I am very happy at the moment!

Now to move back onto Shiny Phantump!

Wish me luck!

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
Thanks! That sounds really interesting.
Now we need something to chain in caves. :)

Yeah, that'd be snice, I'd go Zubat hunting all day if we find a way xD
Guess hoard battles are the only chaining you can do in caves though..unless someone feels like walking around with repels, only smashing rocks?

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Made a list of what pokemon are available through Fishing:
Old Rod:
Magikarp - Route 3, Route 22
Luvdisk - Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City, Shalour City, Route 12, Azure Bay
Poliwag - Route 14, Laverre City, Route 15, Route 16, Frost Cavern, Couriway Town, Route 19, Pokemon Village, Route 21, Victory Road

Good Rod:
Goldeen - Route 3, Route 22
Corphish - Route 3
Staryu - Route 8 - X only
Clauncher - Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City - X only
Shellder - Route 8 - Y only
Skrelp - Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City - Y only
Horsea - Ambrette Town, Cyllage City
Remoraid - Shalour City, Route 12, Azure Bay
Chinchou - Shalour City, Azure Bay
Clamperl - Route 12
Poliwhirl - Route 14, Laverre City, Route 15, Route 16, Frost Cavern, Couriway Town, Route 19, Pokemon Village, Route 21, Victory Road
Barboach - Route 14, Route 19
Basculin - Laverre City, Route 15, Route 16, Frost Cavern, Couriway Town, Pokemon Village, Route 21, Victory Road - Red in X, Blue in Y
Dratini - Route 21
Carvanha - Route 22

Super Rod:
Seaking - Route 3, Route 22
Gyarados - Route 3, Route 22
Crawdaunt - Route 3
Starmie - Route 8 - X only
Clawitzer, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City Route 8 - X only
Quilfish - Route 8
Cloyster - Route 8 - Y only
Dragalge - Ambrette Town, Cyllage City, Route 8 - Y only
Seadra - Ambrette Town, Cyllage City
Relicanth - Ambrette Town, Cyllage City
Alomomola - Shalour City, Azure Bay
Octillery - Shalour City, Route 12, Azure Bay
Lanturn - Shalour City, Azure Bay
Corsola - Route 12
Huntail - Route 12 - X only
Poliwhirl - Route 14, Laverre City, Route 15, Route 16, Frost Cavern, Couriway Town, Route 19, Pokemon Village, Route 21, Victory Road
Basculin - Laverre City, Route 15, Route 16, Frost Cavern, Couriway Town, Pokemon Village, Route 21, Victory Road - Red in X, Blue in Y
Whiscash - Route 14, Route 19
Gorebyss - Route 12 - Y only
Politoed - Route 19
Dragonair - Route 21
Sharpedo - Route 22
Poliwrath - Victory Road
Use it well!

Last edited:

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Incredible! Thank you. Gonna hunt me a Dragonair sometime even though I already have a shiny Dragonite from 5 years back.

sdotj

For chain fishing, you can run from the Pokemon right? Or do you have to KO/catch it for it to work?

Faalken

I just caught a shiny Skarmory in Friend Safari. Talk about luck! :D

Bus

I just picked up my pokeradar and wanted to try chaining for shinies for the first time. Before I even turn it on, I run into a shiny Inkay!

EDIT: I figured I should describe him since we don't have pictures up yet for shiny versions of new pokemon.

His head is barely any different color wise (maybe a lighter shade of what it was) but his tentacles are brown; like dirt brown. He's actually a little ugly lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.