• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzeru

Since this is a Shiny oriented thread I'll ask here.
Trying to get some light shined on this subject..

Earlier I received my shiny eevee via the Masuda Method with a Japanese Ditto and an Eevee i caught and evolved into a Jolteon...
After 85 eggs i received one (yay)

Someone kept telling me if I used the shiny Eevee and the Japanese ditto and continue the Masuda method I'd have a higher chance to receive another shiny Eevee oppose to the normal Masuda method.

Is this true?
I've heard mixed opinions about this...

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Caught a Shiny before the third gym. Twas a miltank. Not a bad shiny- definitely pretty cool. Currently chaining for a scatterbug but fletching and pansage keep getting in the way. I wouldnt mind a fletching, tho.

Yay! I got a red Clauncher! ShinyshinySHINYYYYY!!! :D :D :D Sure, I used a confirmed acceleration method to get it and not the RNG, which cheapens the accomplishment a little, but it's still frakkin' ossum!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
AAAHHH! Just got a shiny Clauncher at a chain of 37!! I'm willing to trade him for a shiny Skrelp if anyone wants him.

[IMG200]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2229_zpsefeec0e1.jpg[/IMG200]

Can someone explain how to chain fish/requirements?

It's really easy. I only have 3 Badges and I just got a shiny from it. All you have to do is register your Rod for easy access, get on a Surfing Pokemon, and choose a spot to fish. Don't move from that spot or you'll break your chain - even if you change directions. Then you just fish repeatedly, over and over, without opening any other screens or anything, until you get a shiny. Run from the battles. It doesn't matter if you get different Pokemon each time, as long as you don't move from your spot. It helps a lot of you get a Pokemon with Suction Cups (such as Inkay) and put it at the front of your party, because this increases the chances that a Pokemon will bite.

DryBones

Event Collector
Since this is a Shiny oriented thread I'll ask here.
Trying to get some light shined on this subject..

Earlier I received my shiny eevee via the Masuda Method with a Japanese Ditto and an Eevee i caught and evolved into a Jolteon...
After 85 eggs i received one (yay)

Someone kept telling me if I used the shiny Eevee and the Japanese ditto and continue the Masuda method I'd have a higher chance to receive another shiny Eevee oppose to the normal Masuda method.

Is this true?
I've heard mixed opinions about this...

Shiny parent(s) don't increase the likelihood of shiny eggs. Sorry to burst your bubble but its been debunked for a long time now :p
Standard Masuda Method will still be at play of course:)

darkzeru

Shiny parent(s) don't increase the likelihood of shiny eggs. Sorry to burst your bubble but its been debunked for a long time now :p
Standard Masuda Method will still be at play of course:)

Figured as much haha
Thanks for the quick response

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Alright, so, after EV training my Shiny Skrelp, I start on some of the other Pokémon I got sitting around the PC. So I'm out on Route 7, using an Illumise's Sweet Scent to bring in hordes of Psyduck and Roselia for my Clauncher to nail with Sludge Wave, right? Except, of course, for all the Hoppip hordes that interfere. And then, a Hoppip horde appears, and I hear something sparkle. That's right- found a Shiny Hoppip. Caught it. Screwed up the EVs of some of my Pokémon a bit, but those can be fixed- point is, this will be my third Shiny Jumpluff!

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
AAAHHH! Just got a shiny Clauncher at a chain of 37!! I'm willing to trade him for a shiny Skrelp if anyone wants him.

[IMG200]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2229_zpsefeec0e1.jpg[/IMG200]

It's really easy. I only have 3 Badges and I just got a shiny from it. All you have to do is register your Rod for easy access, get on a Surfing Pokemon, and choose a spot to fish. Don't move from that spot or you'll break your chain - even if you change directions. Then you just fish repeatedly, over and over, without opening any other screens or anything, until you get a shiny. Run from the battles. It doesn't matter if you get different Pokemon each time, as long as you don't move from your spot. It helps a lot of you get a Pokemon with Suction Cups (such as Inkay) and put it at the front of your party, because this increases the chances that a Pokemon will bite.

If you can name him Zoidberg I will be happy to chain Skrelp again for it

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Still Chain Fishing for Clawitzer... Got like 30 consecutive and then a No nibble broke it. Now I have repetitive 5 chain and break...

Goonie

Well I took a break from my Pancham MM hunt (333 eggs so far). Started collecting Safari friends and after about 2 hours I caught a shiny Growlithe. Very happy now after 3 days with no MM luck. May try fishing next.

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
Tried chain fishing, managed a shiny relicanth and a shiny clawitzer. Now I am trying for a shiny seadra with no luck as of yet.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
taking a short break from hatching Phantump eggs (Around 80 so far, no shiny yet) to chain fish in Cyllage.

Currently, chain is at 14. I'm really excited about this, Relicanth is one of my old hunts, and if I could catch one here I'd be so stoked.

Exzyro

My first shiny in Y was a Graveler... yeah, it self-destructed -.-
Been trying to MM Zorua, but took a break today to try chain fishing again. after 3 hooks i landed a shiny Alomomola! Kinda lame, but eh
decided to try to chain for a shiny Carvanha, but the chain broke at 155 with no shiny. Tried again and somewhere around 60 i got him ^_^

darkzeru

Hmmm I'd like to try to get a Shiny Skrelp.

Can someone give me a brief explanation on how fish chaining works....

I saw this on a site but unsure if there's anything missing

It's quite easy to do all you need is:
-A pokemon in the front of your party with the ability Suction Cups/Sticky Hold so you'll always get a bite.
-A pokemon that knows Surf.
-Any fishing rod registered for faster access.

1. All you have to do is go to any spot that has a small place for you to fish. Make sure there's at least a rock near that spot.
2. Next you fish for a pokemon like always and when you go into battle just run away. If you fail to reel in the pokemon you have to start over. I also heard that if you catch the pokemon the chain will end but I'm not sure if that's true.

3. Keep fishing for pokemon until a shiny one appears. Keep in mind you can't control what shiny pokemon will show up like the Pokeradar.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
I just got a shiny Skrep 25 minutes after shiny Shellder. Continuing the chain after you catch a shiny doesn't "break" the chain.

Shiny Skrelp (sorry bout videos, only way I can show the shiny) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlil_RFx7s

Chain fishing has been extremely successful.
Can I buy your luck?

I've been fishing for a shiny magikarp for 3 hours now with no success, I'm about to pull out mewtwo to K.O. the regular ones in frustration

That or I'll trade one for my shiny druddigon I found in victory road

jayel123

Sorry to jam up this thread with something completely off topic but I can't seem to see a friend safari friend code share thread? I was kinda expecting one, if someone can link me to where that discussion happens that'd be awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.