• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landroval

I've chained up 3 shinies today while fishing... poliwag, gyarados, and skrelp. And before that I picked up a shiny Phantump and Sneasel in the friend safari.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Okay okay, So just after I said I hadn't found any shinies, I have run into 2 shiny remoraids using the chain fishing method. I caught the first after over 100 consecutive fishing encounters. I then decide what the hell, i'll continue and found another 3 casts later! I assume you can continue the chain after catching a shiny then. So happy. I'll name the female Squishy and the Male Squidward :D
I'm open to trade either one and nickname it whatever you want.

Good luck guys/girls. As the kitty on the branch once said, hang in there!

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Wow, seems like a lot of shines for this fishing method. What do you do, just keep fishing in the same spot?

Just stand in the same spot, and fish with any rod. I had a feinted inkay with suction cups in my first slot and ran away from every encounter and was fishing into a corner. Not much else to it, just patience. Chain restarts if you don't hook the pokemon in a cast, reel to early or too late.

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
This fishing method is pretty ridic. So far a shiny qwilfish and continuing my chain.

Rosa

I don't get it, everytime I try it with eevee it gives me a different pokemon? It works with houndoom and snubull? What is going on? Anyone else getting this with eevee? I just want a shiny female eevee, then I can die a happy girl. :/ If anyone is getting the same or know what I am doing wrong please message me. I do have a shiny spinda I can trade for it or I am breeding ralts, eevee and pikachu (pichu) every so often in hopes for a shiny as well.

Last edited:
Trying to chain for a shiny skitty 18 was my highest chain :/ back to trying to breed shiny ralts.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Wow, I'm guessing catching shinies in this game is much more easier than it was in previous games. That's pretty awesome! But I think i'll stick to regular-colored Pokémon unless one were to appear naturally without the use of a Poké Radar aha

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Just a dumb question:

Are the chances of getting a Shiny Starter smaller than getting a Shiny Pokemon like Ghastly or any other pokemon when bred?

Just curious.

RNG_Reporter

One day... one day I will run into a shiny Pokemon.

My name shows the only way I was able to get shiny Pokemon.

Ridiculous how the odds are so high now.. yet I can't find any. Yet people are finding like 2 a day!

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
One day... one day I will run into a shiny Pokemon.

My name shows the only way I was able to get shiny Pokemon.

Ridiculous how the odds are so high now.. yet I can't find any. Yet people are finding like 2 a day!

Someone even found two shinies in on horde lol. Just managed to get a shiny dragalge after a while of continuing my previous chain.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well its nice to see a new shiny thread up if i get any 6th gen shinies ill post here funny thing is i haven't ran into one shiny yet like the rest of you guys XD Im glad that radar is back ill be using that soon once i get the radar...

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Just a dumb question:

Are the chances of getting a Shiny Starter smaller than getting a Shiny Pokemon like Ghastly or any other pokemon when bred?

Just curious.

If breeding with the Masuda Method both Gastly and a starter would have the same chances of being shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.