• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKarlCPFC

I just got a Shiny Clawitzer :D

Fishing Chain of 54

Last edited:

Leonsoares

Yes. If you "don't even get a nibble", it breaks the chain. The best way to (almost) guarantee a bite every time is to use a Pokémon with Suction Cups or Sticky Hold first in your party and find a fishing spot that is pretty secluded, like a dead end of a water route or besides rocks/beach/land. You can run away from the fished Pokémon and continue fishing until you find a shiny.

EDIT: Finally got that damn shiny Goldeen (was hoping for Corphish though haha), after an hour of fishing and a chain of... I don't even know.

Why fish in a dead end?

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
No luck on scent hordes yet, encounter and stealth o-powers don't seem to have much if any bonus effect so far though the o-powers will probably needed to be tested alot more.

The Scientist

Tried the fishing technique for the first time last night.

Route 16:
1st chain- 34 and nothing
2nd chain- 22 and shiny Poliwhirl at 20

If you're looking for a shiny, get out there and fish! I was a Pokeradar master in DPPt, but it's gotten harder this generation. Fishing has to be the easiest method.

Taylor516

Ugh, my frustration just keeps growing -_- Still no shinies for me, chaining has had no results and MMing isn't turning anything up yet either *sigh* I think shinies hate me... I shall still continue! I am so determined this time around to find my first shiny.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Why fish in a dead end?

I'm not sure, but everybody who has mentioned the method has put that as a requirement.

I have not had any success yet, but I do know that I did manage to get a bite every time in the place I chose (along with a Suction Cups ability Lileep).

KDub

Got myself a shiny pawniard in friend safari last night.... I've been adding people like crazy so i wasn't even looking for shniies just seeing what pokes were in which safari and it popped up. Had my aegislash on me with false swipe and took about 2 premier balls and got him. This now marks my second shiny with the first being charmander through MM method. I want to try the fishing chain today need to look up more info on it though!

cwertle

Don't Blink!
Does pokeradar work in friend safari?

orsmness1

Water Pokemon Master
When you're fish chaining, does it have to be the same Pokémon over and over?

MegaAbsol

Wondering if fish chaining works if staying still while surfing? Been doing that to see if any success but may just be unlucky.

orsmness1

Water Pokemon Master
Okay, thank you. I thought they had to be the same Pokémon. I was trying for a shiny Clawitzer and got really annoyed that my clawitzer streak was ruined by a Relicanth.

MegaAbsol

Yeah you shouldn't move otherwise it just gets harder.

Thanks, I wasn't moving around, just sitting on Lapras, been doing this for ages, hoping a shiny pops up soon as my reaction time fishing is struggling :p think I have 40+ chain so far.

pikkichu

Would a fainted suction cup/cute charm(to get female hidden ability pokemon easier) stack with a synchro pokemon? Would be better if you were RE'ing braixen trying to make sure it was female and modest or with keeping a high fishing chain and affect the nature

Also got my first shiny patch last night on a skiddo, within the first 5 chains, my highest chains were around 25, but eeeeevery time I got a high chain on pancham a doduo broke it

Wondering if fish chaining works if staying still while surfing? Been doing that to see if any success but may just be unlucky.
Yeah, it works when surfing. That's how I got the four shinies I have. Just now trying to fish while standing on land, and having the worst luck ever. I must have a chain of hundreds already (haven't counted), and not a single shiny yet. I might have actually accidentally broken the chain though, but still. Gotta keep trying!

Edit: And just as I said that, shiny Poliwag appeared. Phew!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.