• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaAbsol

Finally, she appeared, a shiny Clauncher, right after I told 2 Claunchers that I'd make them shiny by boiling them if they didn't go find a shiny friend and send them my way lol :p all day to get 1 shiny, not bad.

Nicknamed her Luxury Lunch haha...

Last edited:

codybriana

Yesterday i managed to catch 4 shiny relicanth and one shiny gyarados. Was trying for a shiny Corsola on route 12, but after 175 my chain broke.

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
Haven't had time to fish-chain anything today, but seeing how everyone have been so lucky I must admit I'm getting really tempted to go for another horsea, or maybe a Dratini this time :p

Landroval

I've caught 3 shinies fishing off the bank using the chain fishing method. I'll probably catch a luvdisc for the shiny dex entry and another skrelp to trade for a shiny clauncher.

XxForrestxX

I just received a shiny Bulbasaur through breeding two Bulbasaurs, also they were both from America so I had a lower chance of getting a shiny making this Bulbasaur all the more special.

WMHBA

I just received a shiny Bulbasaur through breeding two Bulbasaurs, also they were both from America so I had a lower chance of getting a shiny making this Bulbasaur all the more special.

Wow that so lucky you lol grats!

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Two things,I've heard a rumour that Tipping increases chance of Shinies.Is that Legit?
And what is all this about "Chain" Fishing

codybriana

Two things,I've heard a rumour that Tipping increases chance of Shinies.Is that Legit?
And what is all this about "Chain" Fishing

The whole point is basically "hooking" a pokemon each time you cast your line out. You can either run away, faint it, or catch the pokemon, but the whole point is to keep "Hooking" 'a pokemon each time. After about 40-60 (in my experience) you will have a highly increased chance on finding a shiny. There are a few rules though.

1. You cannot move from your location
2. You CAN save your game and look at your pokemon, this will not break the chain.
3. Always fish beside rocks, and also in shiny patches of water.
4. Use a pokemon like inkay or malamar with the ability of suction cups, put it in the first slot of your party, it can be fainted.

Last edited:
I caught a shiny Relicanth on my 15th consecutive fish with a Super Rod. I'm quite happy given it's the first shiny I've encountered in over 5 years since FRLG! :) Now trying my hand to catch an Alomomola or Lanturn.

I'm surprised at how easy they've made it to find shinies though.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
What is the "best" method of getting shinies? I have tried masuda method and chaining, no shinies yet but I think I prefer masuda method, its more predictable.

Hoping to get my first shiny. :D

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
The whole point is basically "hooking" a pokemon each time you cast your line out. You can either run away, faint it, or catch the pokemon, but the whole point is to keep "Hooking" 'a pokemon each time. After about 40-60 (in my experience) you will have a highly increased chance on finding a shiny. There are a few rules though.

2. You CAN save your game and look at your pokemon, this will not break the chain.
4. Use a pokemon like inkay or malamar with the ability of suction cups, put it in the first slot of your party, it can be fainted.

Bold: Is this true? If so I've just wasted A LOT of time. :[

Mays

I know it probably gets annoying when people ask, but how much does the chance of a shiny improve when breeding a foreign Pokemon with a native Pokemon? (ie: jap ditto with english honedge)

Just got the oval charm so I'm thinking of trying the Masuda method.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Are you sure that you HAVE to fish beside rocks and in the shiny patches of water? I thought the rocks were just to prevent you from moving, and I've never seen anyone else mention shiny patches of water. When I caught my shiny Clauncher yesterday, I was near a shiny patch of water, but not fishing in it.

What is the "best" method of getting shinies? I have tried masuda method and chaining, no shinies yet but I think I prefer masuda method, its more predictable.

Hoping to get my first shiny. :D

Either PokeRadar chaining, chain fishing, or Masuda Method.

Bold: Is this true? If so I've just wasted A LOT of time. :[

You didn't bold anything :(

I know it probably gets annoying when people ask, but how much does the chance of a shiny improve when breeding a foreign Pokemon with a native Pokemon? (ie: jap ditto with english honedge)

Just got the oval charm so I'm thinking of trying the Masuda method.

The Masuda Method increases the chances of finding a shiny from 1/8192 to 1/1365.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
YES! I got my Shiny Dragalge and I didn't catch it in a shiny patch of water so I don't think that matters.

Edit: Look again, I bolded the part about the shiny patch of water....

Status
Not open for further replies.