• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
YES! I got my Shiny Dragalge and I didn't catch it in a shiny patch of water so I don't think that matters.

Edit: Look again, I bolded the part about the shiny patch of water....

I'm glad we have proof now that the shiny patch of water thing isn't true :)

Oh...so you did. I'm just blind, apparently, sorry!

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
It has a Brave nature which is...what it is I guess and I nicknamed it Loch :c

According to the Fisherman guy I had 134 consecutive catches.

JW1004

I will also try the fishing thing! will be interesting if I can find a shiny one on my copy of Y, since I encountered and caught a Shiny Haunter in X

Ghost-Type

After 40 minutes of Fishing, about 55 casts or so, I got TWO Shiny Horseas. Both Female, 1 Swift Swim/Serious the other Sniper/Modest. :) ^___^

I'm still looking for that elusive Shiny Clauncher though >.O

Whiskas

Cat Food
Just caught a shiny Clawitzer @ the Consecutive Fishing method. It took me 10 chains, which is pretty weird? I thought it'd take like 40.

Storm07

PkmnTCG07
Just found a completely random Shiny Mankey in the Friend Safari! Only the 2nd shiny I've ever encountered first was a Pelipper in Sapphire. I recorded it on my phone and posted it to my YT channel:

[video=youtube;VsHq0ZxVXd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHq0ZxVXd8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
Last night at about 3:00 A.M. I caught a Shiny Clauncher from consecutive fishing in Cyllage City! I don't know exactly how many hooks I was at when it appeared. But I'd say roughly around 37? Anyway here are some pictures. She has Mild Nature. I wish it was Modest, but at least Mild is still a Sp. Attack raising Nature, so it's not that bad. I'm thinking about trying for a Shiny Horsea(Preferably Male) or a Male Shiny Clauncher to have a brother-sister thing going on between the 2 Clauncher. Heh. (Yeah, I like to give my Pokémon backstories...)

In the battle of it's encounter
1379657_570041473050108_1315518496_n.jpg

Summary screen
1374058_570041383050117_1359251043_n.jpg

occhi07

i found a shiny mightenya in ruby. His name silver, and is awaiting transportation from white to x.

RNG_Reporter

Just found a completely random Shiny Mankey in the Friend Safari! Only the 2nd shiny I've ever encountered first was a Pelipper in Sapphire. I recorded it on my phone and posted it to my YT channel:

[video=youtube;VsHq0ZxVXd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHq0ZxVXd8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

At first I honestly thought this was a joke video, cause it looked like a normal Mankey. Lol.

Green Mankey looks pretty cool. Congrats.

Henselt

Chain Fishing is really lovely addition.

I just got shiny Chinchou. Was stupid enough to use False Swipe on it and it used Take Down.. And missed on my pokemon XD Captured it on next turn.
Then switched to Super Rod (Not sure if that did reset chain or not). And got shiny Alomomola after few reels.

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
Well, the consecutive fishing method certainly seems like quite an easy way to get shinies..
Will have to try it soon! :D

Just got a shiny Barboach (=
I'm reallllly happy because Whiscash is one of my favorite pokemon and the white and gold color scheme is awesome.
It's my third chain-fished shiny and my fifth shiny this game!!! I never would've believed how much easier it is to get shinies in this game.

turbocats

Chain fishing may really warrant a completely separate discussion, but I'll chime in as this is where the discussion is currently located...

I tried out chain fishing on my lunch break today, and caught a shiny Quilfish after about 15 minutes of casting. After another 15 or so, I caught a shiny Dragalge. These both appeared, to me at least, to come from the same chain (I was not given any "no biting" messages). I was fishing while surfing, and facing a non-shiny patch of water that was surrounded by shallow, walk-able water on all sides but the one that I was fishing from. I was using the Super Rod, and I had a fainted Inkay with Suction Cups at the front of my party.

I plan on continuing the chain after work tonight. I'll update with any additional findings.

VaneRiven

The Oddball Trainer
Still MMing for that shiny Mawile. Currently at 390 eggs. Does one of the parents holding an Everstone affect the chances at all?

Alright, so I'm in the process of trying every method in this generation as I'm determined to get a shiny or two, and so far I've no luck.

I've hatched a little more than 300 Phantump eggs, and I'm putting that on hold for a while so I can try this chain fishing business. It's the first I've heard of it, but I'll give it a go and post my results later on.

As for chaining with the pokeradar, I feel like a lot has changed that I just am not grasping yet. I've followed my D/P/Pt method which has netted me a handful of shinies in the past, but all I can manage to reach is a chain of about 17 or less before it breaks consistently. I've even taken other suggestions posted here such as not bothering with the patch 4 tiles away (etc. etc.) but nothing seems to work all too well.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having an awfully difficult time transitioning from Gen IV's Pokeradar to Gen VI's. Ugh.

codybriana

Alright, so I'm in the process of trying every method in this generation as I'm determined to get a shiny or two, and so far I've no luck.

I've hatched a little more than 300 Phantump eggs, and I'm putting that on hold for a while so I can try this chain fishing business. It's the first I've heard of it, but I'll give it a go and post my results later on.

As for chaining with the pokeradar, I feel like a lot has changed that I just am not grasping yet. I've followed my D/P/Pt method which has netted me a handful of shinies in the past, but all I can manage to reach is a chain of about 17 or less before it breaks consistently. I've even taken other suggestions posted here such as not bothering with the patch 4 tiles away (etc. etc.) but nothing seems to work all too well.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having an awfully difficult time transitioning from Gen IV's Pokeradar to Gen VI's. Ugh.

Use the chain fishing, it really does work. I was able to catch 4 shiny Relicanth and 1 shiny Gyarados yesterday within 4 hours of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.