• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon ?! who have you caught?!

Ary

I didn’t see a thread on this and I’d love to hear what people have caught!

I’ve finished my Dex and I found ZERO shinies pre shiny charm (tears) but since have had a bit of luck!

I’ve found a shiny Charmander, Magikarp, Fearow, and Chansey x2.

All of those were found with a different Pokémon combo’d than the one who appeared shiny.

Who have you found?

aerial_ace

I played pokemon since red and blue and i was never into shiny hunting, i always founf it boring and grindy. This game actually makes it enjoyable to shiny hunt with pokemon appearing in overworld and the odds with shiny charm and comboing are much higher than in previous games.

While shiny hunting for Ponyta i got pidgey, pidgeotto and chansey and finally after few hours i got my blue pony as well and i love taking it out of pokeball

Ary

I played pokemon since red and blue and i was never into shiny hunting, i always founf it boring and grindy. This game actually makes it enjoyable to shiny hunt with pokemon appearing in overworld and the odds with shiny charm and comboing are much higher than in previous games.

While shiny hunting for Ponyta i got pidgey, pidgeotto and chansey and finally after few hours i got my blue pony as well and i love taking it out of pokeball
Ohhhv man that is a beautiful shiny!!!! Seriously congrats!

PorygonZeta

Just happened to get a Rattata--don't have a shiny charm, but I did have a combo of, like, seven Ekans at the time, so that might have had something to do with it.

Zetch

So far I've found

-Zubat
-Spearow
-Charizard
-Mankey
-Snorlax
-Pikachu
-Magikarp
-Tentacruel
-Onix
-Dragonite
-Machop

Most of them were not exactly what I was chaining for so IVs and natures aren't the best for all of them unfortunately, but I'm still glad I've got them. I encountered a second mankey and spearow as well, but ignored them to not break the chain I was on at the time.

ShinyCharm

My collection of shinies in LGP sorted after Pokédex number:

• Charizard
  • Pidgey
  • Pidgeot
  • Raticate
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoking
  • Golduck
  • Machoke
  • Graveler
  • Dodrio
  • Muk
  • Electrode
  • Rhydon
  • Chansey
  • Magmar
  • Pinsir (Transferred from Pokémon GO)
  • Gyarados
  • Snorlax x2

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I haven't had any random encounters yet. I won't start shiny hunting until after I get the shiny charm.

GAK Attack

I ran into a shiny Rattata in the Cinnabar Mansion yesterday. Not the most exciting, but it is my first wild shiny encounter in the whole series and I've been playing since original RBY days.

Definitely excited to complete my Dex and get the Shiny Charm. The increased rate from it + combo boosts will be super helpful.

Peter Costanzo

I’ve gotten in order of appearance

Pidgey
Ratatta
Dratini
Drowzee
Caterpie
Geodude
Chansey

Just added Growlithe and Jigglypuff

Today added Ponyta, finally!

Last edited:

Jmac89

Got my first ever shinies in LG Pikachu after playing pokemon for 23 years, and they were;

- Oddish - Got him before i got the shiny charm at number 28 of a chain specifically for it
- Pidgey - Caught after i got the shiny charm at number 35 of a chain. Used Madame Celadon to get a Modest nature. It had 5 IV's, everything except attack.

MadamMurloc

Greveler, Dragonite, and Doduo so far.

Dragonite was the only one where a chain was involved, the other two were completely random.

Magimasterkarp

His Masterness
I have 7 shiny nidoran male. I just got the first badge, dont even have lures, but thanks to catch combos i now have six nidorinos on level 63. (I caught about 2200 nidoran)

Blondiexo

Shiny Hunter
So today I finally started shiny hunting in Let’s Go and spent 3 hours hunting down a ponyta and found a...
Shiny Psyduck.

TechYes

Pokemon Connoisseur
During a spearow chain a shiny rattata was my first. Pre shiny charm, just lure and combo.

I started chaining vulpixes, and got one at about 86 combo.
I kept going because I read more shinies spawn after the first one, and found jigglypuff. Those green eyes, tho...

Second shiny vulpix after a new combo of about 80.

So I do not buy in to the stopping at 31 if you are chaining for shinies. Get to 100 before roaming the overworld. I believe it helps.

Edit: pikachu 100 combo found a shiny!

Chaining chanceys I got a shiny ditto spawn! Only at 16 combo, full lure and charm.

Last edited:

Devars

Currently Chaining for a shiny Hitmonchan....Hard....as....fck

Last edited: