• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokémon ?! who have you caught?!

sage89

I didn’t see a thread on this and I’d love to hear what people have caught!

I’ve finished my Dex and I found ZERO shinies pre shiny charm (tears) but since have had a bit of luck!

I’ve found a shiny Charmander, Magikarp, Fearow, and Chansey x2.

All of those were found with a different Pokémon combo’d than the one who appeared shiny.

Who have you found?

I caught a Seel. It was my first wild shiny EVER! I evolved it!

Whatzooka

So far I have found 2 Vulpix, 2 Chansey, an ekans, Charizard, Machop, 2 koffing, Rattata, graveler, Zubat, Gastly, and a venonat

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Timid Lapras while I was chaining for Seel at 58-combo. I came across while traveling back to Cinnabar to buy Lures.
Timid Weedle as the last resort when I got bored of chaining for Staryu and gave up at 54-combo.

sage89

Timid Lapras while I was chaining for Seel at 58-combo. I came across while traveling back to Cinnabar to buy Lures.
Timid Weedle as the last resort when I got bored of chaining for Staryu and gave up at 54-combo.

I found a shiny Seel and wasn’t even looking for it. But I evolved it.

lvl.50Abra

Not Quite Kadabra
I literally just went to route 17 caught 1 ponyta with a super lure active and a shiny one appeared
i've been on a lucky streak the passed few games and have run across a shiny super early on, two have been wingull.
even more so on this bellsprout cause i wanted to use one in my team for lets go.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Saw a shiny rattata once whilst i was on my way down through 5. It vanished before i could get it.

ruxy_100

My catches in LGP so far are:

Oddish
Venonat x 2 (1 to evolve)
Ponyta x 2 (1 to evolve)
Nidoran Female x2 (a second one popped up immediately after the first)
Chansey (encountered 2 while hunting for Ponyta - caught the first, let the second de-spawn)
Spearow (caught while hunting for Nidoran)
Diglett
Weedle (to evolve into a Beedrill)

I have also transferred some shines from Go - all of the starters and their evolutions, Eevee and its evolutions, Dratini and its evolutions, Pinsir, and Aracanine. I am still undecided on whether I will transfer the shinies that I don't have doubles of in Go. I will probably just try to get them again in LGP as it is much easier than trying to replace them in Go.

Devars

Just got a shiny Kangaskhan at chain combo 12, super lucky today

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I caught a shiny Graveler, and I wasn't even trying to shiny hunt. But I did hear that you can catch combo anything and then just search for the shiny you want. That's probably WHY it showed up. Mind you, I really have no interest in shinies and its IVs are kind of garbage. But I didn't have a Graveler, so I figured I might as well.

ruxy_100

My catches in LGP so far are:

Oddish
Venonat x 2 (1 to evolve)
Ponyta x 2 (1 to evolve)
Nidoran Female x2 (a second one popped up immediately after the first)
Chansey (encountered 2 while hunting for Ponyta - caught the first, let the second de-spawn)
Spearow (caught while hunting for Nidoran)
Diglett
Weedle (to evolve into a Beedrill)

I have also transferred some shines from Go - all of the starters and their evolutions, Eevee and its evolutions, Dratini and its evolutions, Pinsir, and Aracanine. I am still undecided on whether I will transfer the shinies that I don't have doubles of in Go. I will probably just try to get them again in LGP as it is much easier than trying to replace them in Go.

Since making this post last week I have now also caught Lapras (first one ran from me, but I reclaimed it the following day), Porygon, Kakuna, Caterpie, Geodude and Zubat.

I am loving how easy shiny hunting is in this game. Got five in one day. It is making me seriously consider working towards a shiny living Kanto dex.