• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny pokemon failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludger

スポック
Maybe My both the luckiest and the unluckiest day of my life
When I go "Grinding" in Victory Road I accidentally found A Shiny Hariyama which has Whirlwind me
And right after that. I saw a Shiny Golbat. Weird Huh? No?
I am not a Shiny Hunter but maybe I starting to look for a shiny(Even not as hard as hunter used to be)

Seth pkmn

I ran into a shiny grimer....
I used double kick, knowing he cou;d take both hits.
Blaziken used DOUBLE KICK!
Critical hit!
Enemy grimer fainted!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I ran into a shiny Geodude, and it exploded

dLOSINGSTREAKb

Fangs up!!!
Fire red, I was in mt moon and I encountered a green zubat!!! Over joyed I caught it, then saved and turned it off to go to sleep. When I awoke the next morning it was no where to be seen... I still have no idea where it went.

Estellise

peachy
I was walking around the first route and I encountered a shiny Zigzagoon.But I killed it because I didn't know what it was ): (I was 6)

Coloxxen

My little story ended well but it couldve been so so bad.

Years ago I nearly had an epic shiny failure, was playing my first run through of Sapphire.. at the time I didn't really like the look of the Hoenn pokemon so I didn't pay them much attention. Once I got the Goggles I proceeded to go into the area with the permanent sandstorm.

My first encounter was with a Trapinch, I had 4 strong pokemon and was running through the game at a quick pace so wasn't really worried about the pokedex. Anyway as the battle started I turned away to get a drink or something so missed the stars flickering to show it was a shiny, I had never seen a Trapinch before this moment and I didn't really like the look of it so I go to run away from the battle but it had Arena Trap so I couldn't run. So I end up damaging it with the intent of KO'ing it to get some exp since I couldnt run...

My first attack was a critical hit which nearly took it out in 1 hit, thought since its so low may aswell capture it because it should be an easy capture so I through a ball and now I have a Trapinch... a little while later I'm running through the Pokedex randomly and notice that in the pokedex its a different color...... so go to the pc to check it out and what do you know.. I see on the summary screen that its a shiny... had such a good laugh after that, I had no idea lol!

I imagined what my reaction might have been if it didn't have the Arena Tag ability and I managed to run away from the battle only to find out it was actually a shiny...

(I've only ever encountered 3 shiny pokemon all which I have caught luckily, so while this wasn't a failed attempt, it was pretty close to being an epic fail)

Eelijah

The Musketeer
^ It really was meant to be for you to catch that Trapinch! And shiny Flygon is simply amazing :)

It didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine was diving near Sootopolis City, shiny hunting for a Clamperl but he run into a shiny Chinchou instead. He kept on looking for that shiny Clamperl, but several months later another shiny Chinchou appeared and he turned off the game!

ebevan91

I've never seen a 3rd gen shiny before :(

Dark Snow

Kyogre
On Pokemon Sapphire, I found a shiny Geodude.
My failure......
I wasn't paying attention and attacked it, making it faint -.-

Last edited:

Necro101

OMG MY GAME IS GLITCHED!!!!! turns of power switch... *_*
A week later.... THAT WAS A SUPER RARE SHINY... NOOOOOO!!!!

nought said

RAWK ON

G50

No longer posting
When I found a shiny Zubat in one of the caves (forgot which, it's been so long), instead of trying to catch it I was forced to run away since I had no Poke Balls.

ultimateblaziken11

Looking for Shinies
I was training my Sharpedo in Victory Road. A shiny Golbat appears. Sharpedo uses Crunch. Golbat has more than half health left. Sharpedo uses Crunch again. Critical hit. Failure.

I boxed that Sharpedo and never used it again.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I remember first hearing about Shinies when my friend told us he found a gold Caterpie. We were all in fifth grade so we thought he was making it up. The next day on the bus he showed us his shiny Butterfree. I was amazed.

Two years down the road, I was on the bus to middle school, playing FireRed. Walkin through Victory Road when...

Shiny Arbok appears.

I caught it in a heartbeat. I was overjoyed. I still had time left before we got to school, so one more battle couldn't hurt. I went against the stupid b*tch with the Chansey and the Minimize and Softboiled spamming. I went through all first period with the game on, trying to beat that chick so I could save. I realized it was hopeless and just shut it off :(

Now every time I play FR and I meet that Ace Trainer, I'll never forgive her for deleting what would've been my shiny Arbok. grrrrrr

Jirachii

--Event collector --
Oh well... I encountered a shiny Numel on my Pokémon Sapphire, then I started wondering: "Huh, since when do Numel have different colours?" (Like Spinda have different spots) so, I ran from it so I could look for other ones but the "other ones" all had the same colour. Then I figured out it was a shiny Numel I ran from! xD That wasn't so nice haha.

its_ryan_dude

In the beginning of Sapphire when you had to choose your starter and beat the Poochyena, guess what? The Poochyena was shiny..... -.-

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
On my glitched Sapphire, on route 110, the Cycling Road, the first pokemon I always encounter is a shiny Electrike, though the Sapphire can't save so its always in vain :(
On my first Nuzlocke, Emerald, guess what Wally did! He fainted a Shiny Ralts! Yet he still caught it.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
I encountered a shiny Kyogre in Emerald, so I was overjoyed. Then it attacked first and used Sheer Cold. I only had 1 pokemon at that time, so fail. And my Pokemon was level 60.

that makes no sense....kyogre is lv. 45 in sapphire when you find him, so sheer cold shouldn't have worked on your pokemon since your pokemon was a higher level. I'm gonna call lying on this one.

As for failure, I have watched quite a few horror fails on youtube, like a shiny groudon fail, a shiny poochena fail, and a shiny nidorino fail, but I've never had my own fail. My only 2 random shiny encounters were a shiny ponyta and a shiny kricketot, both on my diamond version. I did soft reset for weeks and finally got a shiny abra at the game corner, and my friend killed a shiny hariyama......because he thought his game was bugging out since it was a different color....I wanted to strangle him!

Status
Not open for further replies.