• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny pokemon failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
my brother randomly encountered a gold nincada without any pokeballs--that drove him insane.I haven't found any

36squid

ISingTheBodyElectric
I got a shiny poochyena on emerald and accidentally wiped the game

soundxfury

I don't think I've ever found a shiny in my Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire. I only found 1 once in Fire Red and caught it, but never in Hoenn as far as I can remember.
Hopefully when I do finally find one some day I'll be able to catch it.

One time I found a shiny Nidorino in the Safari Zone in my FireRed game and it fled. -_- I immediately turned my game off in frustration, lol.

I played it again several hours later and actually ran into a shiny Venonat and caught it though. So that turned out not to be such a bad day.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
ok get this i sold all my pokeballs for coins in Emerald so i can get ice beam for my Swampert. then after getting it i went to tran in the Desert and what do you know a shiny Trapinch pops out, totally forgot about selling all my pokemon balls i weaken it to red status, and put it to sleep. went to throw a great ball and boom it hits me. FML!!

PkmnTrainerJ

I had my first good and first bad shiny experience all within the space of 20 minutes.

Pokémon LeafGreen - Cerulean Cave (2am-ish many years ago)
Decided I'd see if I could SR for shiny Mewtwo, you never know. Tried twice, thought if I get to 30 I will just catch it. 3rd time, it's shiny! Master Ball-ed it, and started way out. Max Repels run out about ten steps from the exit. "Well, I'll get out fine" I think.

Random battle, SHINY ELECTRODE! *gasp* Throw an Ultra Ball! No luck. Electrode used Explosion! Grrr...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Met a shiny Tailow when training my Mudkip. Got in on the last ball.

chess-z

campy vampire
Shiny oddish in the safari zone.
I used about 20 safari balls on it.

Lol I got one for you guys. So I used to collect pokemon cards like a mofo and I happen to come across a shiny latios and alakazam card. When I got our of pokemon cards, I find out that together they were worth like 150 dollars together. When I ask my buddy for the cards back he tells me he sold all of the cards I gave him for 50 bucks and a copy of CALL OF DUTY 4...I hate life. T.T

I have had no shiny fails on R/S/E, but two on FireRed.

The first was when I was running through the Safari Zone in search of a Scyther. I kept finding Nidoran after Nidoran, and was thinking: When am I ever going to find this Scyther? Next encounter- I look at the darkened sprite of the Nidoran(M), and realised it was blue. So, of course, I throw a Safari Ball. It immediately breaks out, and flees. I was disappointed then, but I already had a perfectly good Nidoking in my party, so I wasn't too bummed.

Of course, next fail was epic. This time, I was outside of the Pokemon League, training up my team. I was working on training my level 52 Pidgeot this time, having already trainied my Charizard to level 55. I was thinking about how nice it would be to run into a shiny Fearow as, though I thought it looked awful at first, it had grown on me. Ironically enough, the next encounter was the shiny Fearow. Panicking, I decided to use the weakest move in my arsenal: Quick Attack. Of course, with my luck, the attack was a critical hit, and it fainted.
Worst thing of all? I HAD A MASTER BALL!!!!!!! That really was a painful day...

Now, though, I'm using the RE method to try and get them back.

Zigh

I liek Treecko c:
Lucky for me I have never had a problem with catching a shiny...since my first and only shiny was a Shroomish. ^^

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I failed to capture a Shiny Xatu that I found in the Safari Zone in Ruby version a few months ago. I was just looking for a regular one when it appeared, and even though I was able to keep its interest for a while, it eventually fled and I missed out on a great opportunity. That's why I've never been one to seek Shiny Safari Zone Pokemon; it's a complete waste of time since you can't even weaken them and they always flee.

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
First Shiny:
Golbat in LeafGreen: thought game glitched. Ran.
Second Shiny:
Oddish in Pearl: evolved it to Gloom, forgot about it, deleted the file.

-Espada-

ive encountered 3 Shiny pokemon in my Emerald.
First was a Shiny Golbat (female). i was a bit dissatisfied cuz i prefer male pokemon, but i caught it anyway.
Second was a Shiny Carvania. but it was a Battle Frontier trainer battle.
Third one was a Shiny Girafarig. unfortunately it was in the Gosh darn safari zone so u can guess what happened.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I found a shiny Zigzagoon while training outside of Verdanturf Town. I was curious, so I caught it and took a peek at its summary. My friend at the time was watching me play and he pointed out, "Oh, you need to release that Pokémon! That star there means it's glitched and it'll delete your entire game!"
I had over 200 hours in Ruby, so of course I ran to the Pokémon Center immediately and released it. About a year later I discovered what shiny Pokémon were and how rare they are. I was so mad at my friend for the longest time. XD

My first Shiny appearance was a Sharpedo, when I still didn't know what a Shiny Pokemon is.

I selected "Run" and went under options, if I possibly set graphics to fancy.

I later found out that I blew it big time Running away...

eyycalvin

I remember encountering a shiny mightyena in Emerald. I only had high levels in my party and only
a couple of ultra balls. In the end i ran out of balls and killed it :'(

paperchainchomp

i have caught 2 shinys in a row

1# i was speeding across viridian forest, a shiny metapod came. i caught it, but i put it in the box because all it knew was harden. i know i could switch it back and get exp with that trick but i didnt feel like it.

2# right after i caught that metapod, i took a few more steps, and another shiny metapod. i was thinking is my game hacked into or something? i caught it, all it knew was harden again, didnt feel like training it. into the box

3: in sapphire i was surfing, i dont know why i was surfing randomly, but then a shiny pelipper appeared. i caught it, used it on my team, and it was really good.

4: much later in sapphire i found another shiny pelipper, but i had one so i caught it and put it in the box

i have no failures, but i dont know how i get the same ones each time

sunwin

scytwin
my first shiny was tedsisauras in poke gold, it was green, i took me about 25 ultraballs to catch it. after this i used hexcheat and got all wild pokes shiny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.