• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny pokemon failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeSoda

^ Well that's stupid..

I've had two- one sort of a failure. I was hatching eggs on Four Island in Leaf Green trying to get an adamant natured Pupitar. After a couple eggs the sprite of it coming out of the egg was shiny! I knew it was shiny and used it on my team. The only fail was after some time I pal parked it to Heart Gold and then lost Heart Gold during a move [moving houses].

Recently coming back from my relatives on Thanksgiving I got a shiny Magnemite randomly in Sapphire. I was pretty darn happy as it was completely random and I had enough poke balls to catch it. It happened only 7 hours or so into the game, was a really nice surprise since I decided I wanted to play through Sapphire.

Pokemon Emerald: A random Shiny Graveler appeared while I was talking with a friend. The stupid Graveler uses Selfdestruction..

DerpyMail

Derpy Hooves
I seen a total of 14 pokemons, and captured 12. (My 2 fails are on Firered)
The first time I play: Walk in grass, then see a orange Rattata having some stars on it. No pokeballs, then notice that rattatas are purple...
3 hours later: Walking in MT-Moon, see a black zubat, try to capture it, waste my only 3 pokeballs.
It hurts when you loose a shiny, seriously.

brother

A few years ago, I was fishing on route 119, desperately trying to find and catch a feebas, alas, not one feebas to be found. instead I come across a shiny magikarp, initially, I didn't know what to think, but I was still so excited, because this was the first shiny I'd ever seen. from what I recall, I believe the pokemon in my party were all level 60+ so in the end I one-hit KO the magikarp.
Now that I think back on it, I see how stupid my decision was, because the magikarp was level 15 or so, and I could've just lobbed ultra balls at it to catch it haha, oh well, I was like 8 or 9 at the time.

WastingLight

I was trying to get to Steven quickly in the cave from Dewford and I was just running from every Pokemon I saw and because I was in that mindset, I ran away from a shiny zubat, only realizing what I just did immediately after.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
I was doing a battle pyramid challenge, and all of a sudden, shiny electabuzz. I've never been that irritated playing pokemon before...

Last edited:

Albin0z

I haven't had any shiny encounters in any game, but two off my friends got 3 respectively 2 shines, all five now in my possesion.. huehuehue >:)

Bathrezz

I picked up my first ever legit shiny Bagon from breeding a few days ago. I tried to find a jap Bagon on GTS but na, they all wanted fkin lev9 and under Zekrom or whatever so i started breeding and thought to myself, I hope my Shiny charm works. Less than 10eggs and BOOM, shiny bagon.

Charikachu

Bananas!
My First Shiny encounter:

In Emerald
Back when I was like 7, I ran into a shiny Wurmple. It looked weird, so burned it. I thought Wurmples were useless anyways. I had no idea it was shiny.
But I did catch a shiny Shuppet at Mt. Pyre a few years later. Hooray!

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
Almost fail: My first shiny encounter was in sapphire. An Absol. I was hunting for a male Absol and a shiny male Absol appears! I catch it and its name is Kunga. It lives in my black 2... That could have ended SO badly, seeing I was 10. I had no idea what a shiny was, either. I just knew it looked different and I wanted it...

Fail: shiny lapras in safari zone. 'Nuff said. But I DID catch a shiny sandshrew from that same area a year later. Still have it, btw. :)

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I've never lost any shinies, from about a year ago last week I've had super luck with shinies :)

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Once up in snowpoint training, I stumbled onto a shiny sneazel. I knew right away what it was, because my brother had a shiny fearow. I got it but my bro accidently eleted it later on. :(

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
View attachment 8140ok, so I was walking in the grass and I noticed that the castform was a different color so i ran ( I was only 6 at the time).
then when I was playing pokemon black 2 at midnight I encountered a shiny gurrdur so I caught it.
Later on in the tall grass a shiny minun came out though I didn't have any poke balls so I had no choice but to defeat it.
Two years later I encountered a shiny jirachi in twisted mountain I did catch it but I didn't save so when my DS battery died ( I did replace it) I
went back to twist mountain to see if I could encounter it again, but I failed. I never saw any more shiny pokemon again sigh*.
( I litterally cried for 20 minutes in my room)

Last edited:

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
I could give you one of my shiny reshirams i will post my freind code
NOTE: my shiny reshiram is lvl 100 is that ok with you?

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
my first shiny was tedsisauras in poke gold, it was green, i took me about 25 ultraballs to catch it. after this i used hexcheat and got all wild pokes shiny!!!

that must have been one cool cheat! i know a wedsite where you can even get shiny keldeos and everthing shiny! the site is called pokecheck.org

Sapphire Milotic

I found a shiny Poliwag in the weird karate place in battle frontier. The only shiny I have found in all of RSE.

Espeon EX

On-and-Off User
Two years later I encountered a shiny jirachi in twisted mountain I did catch it but I didn't save so when my DS battery died ( I did replace it) I went back to twist mountain to see if I could encounter it again, but I failed. I never saw any more shiny pokemon again sigh*.
( I litterally cried for 20 minutes in my room)

^ Do you mean Twist Mountain? If so, there are no Jirachii in that mountain. In an extension area there is Regigigas, but no Jirachii.

Anyways, I have two fails that I want to talk about.

1. I was in the Battle Pyramid on Emerald, you know, just walking about, when I encountered a shiny Pikachu. My head ached for about an hour.

2. This is my sisters, but I want to share it anyway. She was either on Emerald or Sapphire. She was walking around when she found a shiny Oddish! She ran and showed it to me. I said "Catch it!". So she tried. She weakened it, and rushed to the bag. What she saw almost made her cry. There were no pokeballs of any kind.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
I found a shiny Cacnea in Pokemon SoulSilver. It fled after it broke free. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.