• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny pokemon failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
I found shiny Graveler but it explode :(

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I found a shiny Quilfish in FireRed. I was so mad that I didn't have any Pokeballs. :(
All of the other shinies I have are events or the Red Gyrados and the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve.

Lareon

My first encounter was with shiny zubat in leaf green. I caught after a couple of tries. But i couldn't use it. Next time i was super lucky. Cuz i found a shiny charmander as a starter. But the game crashed. After that i encountered a seaking in fire red and an ekans in Pokemon gold. But i didn't capture them. I really don't know why. But i wasn't in such a mood to do it.

Frost Fox

Not really a failure of mine but it sucked.. Found a shiny red gyarados on my ruby.. The most common shiny, or most well known atleast
Was just training on them in sootopolis or however it's spelt... Caught it.

God-Karp

The only shiny I legitimately encountered was an Oddish in Emerald, but I one-hit KO'ed it :(

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
It was a bright and sunny day in the wild fields of the Safari Zone. Lurking through the tall grass, I encounter an unusual looking animal. This animal, Rattata, was a light shade of green, and it looked at me fiercely. As I began to decide whether to throw a Safari Ball or bait, I knew that there was this small chance of it running away. I was thinking of being safe, so I threw bait at it. Well...this rodent just fled the battle, and away did it go with my hopes and dreams of trying to find another wild shiny. (Caught a shiny magnemite today in the wild, so happy :))

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I encountered a shiny electrode inside team aqua's base in Emerald, the ones beside a nugget and the masterball, and then it used selfdestruct.

What a waste.

Jirachi Dude

No gen 4 or 5
I find a random exeggcute in the leafgreen safari zone. It is GOLD! I'm all like O.O I throw a safari ball, it doesn't even bounce, the pokemon broke out, and ran away. I'm pretty sure I started screaming.

ashiemore

I'm in diglett's cave and I have one normal pokeball. Suddenly...
A WILD DUGTRIO APPEARED! It's shiny!
Ashiemore puts it to sleep and knocks it to like 2 HP. Throws the pokeball...and it fails.
Disappointment. Was my second shiny ever.

~ashiemore

ChuckNorris

I don't remember the details but I accidentally knocked out a shiny Oddish once while playing Emerald. I was younger, and wasn't very careful battling it.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Fire Red (Used to own another Emerald and Leaf Green), and collectively I have played them for over 800 Hours, but I have never seen a Shiny. That is a fail in itself...

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
I was playing Heartgold and there was a shiny Sentret but I accidently made it faint.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Well, no, not in R/S/E because my game doesn't like shinies in R/S/E... but I did get a Shiny Arbok in the Battle Factory and as you know... YOU CAN'T KEEP THOSE POKEMON. T_T

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I decided to restart Sapphire after several years. On Route 102 (I think), I encountered a shiny Poochyena. I didn't want to kill it so I had Mudkip (my only pokemon at the time) use its weakest attack, Mud Slap. It resulted in a critical hit causing Poochyena to faint.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
All my shinies have been successful so far i found a Geodude in Firered, and Shinx in Diamond both random encounters. Its the first one i hvae ever
caught that could be considered a later failed.

I caught a Mantine in Gold, i was so excited when i caught it. Years later the game battery
is dead and it will work only in the gameboys battery. When it starts it resets the game instantly.
Now my Mantine is lost forever.....

Last edited:

Volitide

Metempsychosis
I have two bad shiny experiences.
1.) Shiny Groudon in Ruby Version. I have it at very low HP. It dies to my Pokemon's Poison Point ability.
2.) Shiny Ralts in Emerald Version. The one that Wally finds in the wild.

JediTom

is Jedi
My first encounter with a shiny was at the beginning of my second restart of my diamond, and I ran into a shiny starly, (at the time was not a hunter) in short I freaked out and caught it. I was also afraid to evolve it because I thought the shininess might have gone away. AAAaaaanyways so in emerald I was running around like crazy for a shiny vulpix that evolves into a ninetales (my favorite shiny). So I was clawing my eyes out on day 3 of running through the same patch and voila! there she was! So i hit her with a fire punch , which is a relatively weak fire attack on a fire pokemon so i expected like half health. Which by the way, would have happened until I got a critical hit. So I said screw it and then I got a couple of vulpix and bred like crazy! I have her back now!!

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Yeah... I've been dashing after a shiny latios for ages, but it kept fleeing over and over I ended up trading it for a lv30 non Shiny Riolu. Don't ask me why seriously... I once had a shiny eevee and I evolved in into espeo... Bad choice do never do that shiny espeons are disturbing...

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
my first shiny was a Digglet in FR. ran, 'cuz i thought the game messed up. D'oh!

the last shiny i found was a Geodude in Emerald. why did it have to explode!

Status
Not open for further replies.