• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny pokemon failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDCOMPLETE

Egg-Cracker
Shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone. Was before anybody had heard of Rhyperior as well, so it would have been nice to have a gen IV shiny right out the gate, but alas, it fled of course.

EonMaster101

"Let's go, partner!"
I found a shiny Wurmple in Emerald, evolved it into a Beautifly, transferred it to Platinum, then deleted my data without trading it because I forgot it was on there!
On Black I randomly found a shiny Minccino and deleted my data cuz I'm an idiot or something...
On SoulSilver I found a shiny Sandshrew in the Safari Zone and same deleting scenario...
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
I started a new emerald game. One of the starters was shiny. My sister pulled out the cartride. I was like NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeinEngel

My brother had to have the worst luck with his first shiny. You know that Poochyena that chases Prof. Birch that you have to battle at the start of the game before you get the Pokéballs? My brother had that thing be his first shiny. He was so upset he had me battle it and make it faint because he was so upset. Poor guy. Still I have the biggest shiny failure: my first and only shiny is a Bidoof and I caught it. :p

I had a shiny Bellossom.

I can no longer find it. I checked every game, and it wasn't on any of my game cards. I didn't delete anything at the time I was checking either, so it isn't like I absentmindedly deleted the game with it. It might be on my old Colosseum game, but I've lost that particular memory card.

I have a theory that my excessive cloning in Emerald may have something to do with it, because my Nidorina went missing in the same way as well.

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
My first 2 shinies came after 720hrs of Gold save file, and 188hrs of play on Sapphire. My next 2 were Mawile on Ruby, and Geodude on LeafGreen. I had Mawile asleep and down to red health; I got nervous, started shaking and accidentally pressed "Flamethrower". With Geodude, who came about 5 years later, I again got nervous, my fingers slipped and I accidentally pressed "Run". FML.

Then, whilst moving, my wife lost my Sapphire cart which had my first 2 shinies on it. Needless to say, four were gone.....

Another "fail" of sorts, was my Niece's shiny. Her Dad and I had played through years worth of Pokemon, for a combined total of 3. She got a Zubat, in Mt.Moon, after 4.5 hrs of play.....

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
My very first shiny encounter was outside of Floaroma Town on Ruby. I was just running through the grass to train my team, and I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon. I had no idea why the color was different, so I caught it. Then I got the (stupid) idea that it was a glitched up Pokemon that could ruin my game, so I released it. Looking back, I can't help but facepalm.
Soon after this, though, I found and caught a shiny Linoone. Perhaps it came back to me after it evolved to give me a second chance?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
My very first shiny encounter was outside of Floaroma Town on Ruby. I was just running through the grass to train my team, and I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon. I had no idea why the color was different, so I caught it. Then I got the (stupid) idea that it was a glitched up Pokemon that could ruin my game, so I released it. Looking back, I can't help but facepalm.
Soon after this, though, I found and caught a shiny Linoone. Perhaps it came back to me after it evolved to give me a second chance?

well that is a bit strange but i did that exact same thing in my silver game awhile ago my first encounter was a shiny vulpix i ran into it in the wild which i thought it was a glitch so ran away from it...my only failure in ruby or sapphire was i accidently erased my shiny tentacool i ran into while randomly surfing and btw my only shiny caputre was shiny linoone pretty ironic :p

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
I've had a few shinies.
Hatched a shiny Torchic in emerald, fully evolved it and kept it with me and transferred it all the way to my white.
Next was Giratina, traded for on GTS.
And I'm pretty sure my only other one was a shiny purrloin...or it might have been a liepard, i'm not sure.

And the fail? I traded in all of my DS pokemon games. including my pearl where I had all the legendaries, event or otherwise...The single greatest moment of regret in my gaming life ;n;

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I have one main failure and one smaller one. The first was just after I got Emerald for my birthday. I found a shiny Girafarig in the Safari Zone. I then threw around 8-9 Safari Balls at it before it decided to run away. It was like it was taunting me by getting me so close, then breaking away at the last second. The second "mini-failure" so to speak, is when I found another shiny Girafarig... in the Battle Frontier. I took great pleasure in reducing it's hit points. Hopefully that's the last time I defeat a shiny but you never know.

Miss-Angel

My story: hello shiny lapras, lapras used perish song, bye shiny lapras :(. 30 minutes later I did catch a shiny spheal but I would have loved the shiny lapras :S

I've been playing Pokemon for more than ten years and have never run into a shiny (until X and Y's chain fishing). My sister picks up a game and immediately finds a shiny Pikachu. -headdesk-

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have never found a Shiny in R/S/E, so I can't have had a 'fail', but I would rather see a Shiny and Fail, then never see one at all. It will give you some inspiration to find, and capture it again!

dLOSINGSTREAKb

Fangs up!!!
I found a shiny zubat in firered, i caught it, saved it and then I turned off the game. The next time I turned it on, the beautiful green zubat was no where to be found.... I've been holding onto that story for years

Ckeen

I love this shiny fail thing going on here it makes me feel good about my fails:) but yah playing ruby I ended up hatching a shiny mudkip totally stoked call one of my friends that was trying to hatch a shiny starter as well go back into room to find that the batteries fell out of my GBA (no batterie cover) and ended up trading ruby in cuz I was butthurt lol

Jed Jordal

I have found some shinies in the pokemon games but none in this gen as I can remember. ..
Had shiny raticate graveler and pidgeot (it was one of my main pokemon in gold oh I miss it. ...) on gold and silver I was lucky as a kid :)
Shiny Gyarados in gsc and hgss
And one shiny female Archeops wih a attack beneficial nature in White 2 (that pokemon is one of my pride pokemon it's a really lucky combination and a really strong hard hitting pokemon. ) :)

No for my failure...
Found a shiny Wooper in Diamond careful now don't let it escape throw food it stays throw one more food it stays ok let's try a ball. Throws ball it barely escapes! Please don't flee.
Thrn Wooper flees!
GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

altars

Legendary Collector
I caught a shiny Tailow right outside of the gym your father owns. It was my first shiny ever! I was so excited but I decided to trade it over to another game....I forget if it was fire red/leaf green or something later but when it went to the other game it wasn't shiny anymore. At first I thought I might have traded the wrong one so I went back to my game and checked the PC. Sure enough it was gone and so was my shiny Tailow. :C I was so angry. xD I barely found out what a shiny was and that Tailow being a random encounter really was depressing. I caught a Ursaring the other day and my game froze right after the battle ended. Ugh.

Lady Kuki

Candy.
Hmmm well let's see...

The first shiny I ever encountered was a Shiny Geodude in LeafGreen/FireRed. Seeing as how I had no freaking idea as to why it had a star around it and to why it was a slightly different colored, I killed it. :c

And then in Emerald, I bumped into a trainer who had a shiny Nuzleaf. This was in the Battle Tent... thingies so unfortunately I couldn't catch the Nuzleaf and had to faint it. I never knew it was possible to bump into a shiny in the Battle facilities until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.