• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokemon: Love or hate?

Like or Dislike?

• Lerve

Votes: 14 28.6%

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Despecable

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Couldn't give a flying conker

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Nebbio

NINJA!
Do you like them? Or think they look kinda crap?

Da2Shae

PBR Electivire ftw
I love em because of black charizard/rayquaza

I hate them because I suck at chaining/RNG etc...

My username should explain my answer.

I'm a SHINY HUNTER, so what is my answer going to be?

I love all shinies.

PS. Shouldn't this be in pokepolls? Or do you just want free postcount +1 for everyone?

Last edited:

Prinplup

Super, super =D
How can you hate them? A shiny is a shiny, ugly colour or not!

Also, I think you meant to spell "lerve" "lurve"

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Depends on the Pokemon.

Snover definate yes, but something like Dustox no.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's a love-hate relationship.

I like certain Shiny Pokemon like Roselia and Vulpix, but I hate the ones that are only slightly Shiny like Garchomp. You can barely tell the difference between the normal ones and the Shiny ones.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I like shiny Pokemon. It is pretty much a token of rarity and looks pretty dang cool most the time. What I don't like though, is that it takes A TON of patience to get a shiny. Especially SRing for one. Never got one through that method. But I have gotten some via breeding, but it takes a load of time. Might try and breed for a shiny Eevee soon though cause it looks so awesome.

RandomGuy27

I like some shinies and hate others, like most of the people in this thread.

I like most shinies, but some are just awful to look at. Why are so many shinies in the second generation pink? The pink doesn't look very good on a lot of them.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I dont care for shinies I only want ones that fit my bill like a shiny weavile is horible. Its entirely based on the color pallet and which ones I prefer. ;P

I like shiny pokemon. Their design isn't always great but that doesn't really matter. The great feeling you get after actually meeting and capturing one is way more important for me.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I don't like shiny Pokemon, as most of the Pokemon's shiny forms actually tend to look worse than their originals, in my opinion, or they don't change as much color-wise.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
There are some I like, and some I don't like.

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
I like shinies, because like some people already stated, it just feels so nice to meet one. The most really look uglier than they normally do, but that doesn't matter really.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
You have to love them, it just gives you something rare that your friend can't get.

Although I dislike some of their shiny forms, such as blisseys or togetic, kinds that don't change and look the same.

But pokemon that shine green such as bronzor, minun, chansey or espeon, they're just legendary.

No. 1 Machop Fan

It really depends on the Pokémon. There are some that I like, such as Ditto and Machop, but others that don't look so good IMO, such as Chimchar and Shedinja.

??????

That guy.
No. I rather detest them. I like my Pokemon classically coloured, at least on my team.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I love em because of black charizard/rayquaza

I hate them because I suck at chaining/RNG etc...

yeah, what this guys saying.
i like 'em, sure, but i'm starting to not like the whole chaining and SRing thing... i have no patience.